Josie LOVES going down to the baseball field to play and she's getting really good at fetching the tennis ball. She will bring you the ball but doesn't always drop it. I'm still working on training her on the leash. She's been a great walking/running partner. Now if she just wouldn't get tangled all the time!
Here are this weeks flashback memories. Awww baby Nolan!
Spencer and well hmmm…. I think Easton but could be wrong.
Rough life these two lead!
Taking them to the pool at this age was so much work. I'm looking forward to no swim diapers, not needing to rush out for nap time and the fact that Spencer and Easton know how to swim.
Spencer's preschool graduation..
Spencer is pictured in the middle
Onto the week. Spencer is still working on chores. We just need to work on his technique. Here he is dusting his room.
It was suggested that we try family style dinner. Putting the food out and allowing the boys to pick and put on their plates what they want to eat. So this was our first attempt. They liked the idea of it. I'm not sure if it helped with getting them to sit and actually eat but I felt like I didn't throw away as much food from their plate.
Spencer got Ryan to pose with him for a crazy face picture.
Josie knows when it's time to go wake up Spencer. Now if only her claws weren't so long and sharp! She waits some mornings outside his room.
I thought this was interesting and a way to understand how Nolan sees things. Easton and I were looking at the weather to see how long it was going to rain. I told him that the area in green was rain. Nolan asked to see it also. Only he couldn't see the green. I zoomed around on the map and asked him to point out the green. It wasn't until he saw a really dark green spot higher up that he pointed to something. We do know that he has a color deficit.
Nolan can't see colors and Spencer has crazy teeth!
This week was the last week of school for all the boys. We kicked off the week with Spencer's class and a picnic at the park.
Spencer and Reagan. Reagan is Spencer's girlfriend. He gets really embarrassed though when we ask him about her.
Easton had t-ball that night. He did so great and is really having a great time
Next up was Spencer...
You can see a white blur (the ball) just above the white baseline.
Keeping the other 2 entertained is not always enjoyable.
Here's Easton just wanting to be one of the older kids.
After baseball the boys got to see inside this old car.
On Thursday Easton and Nolan had their last day at preschool. They have had such a great year at Bethal. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Both of them had great teachers. I'm sort of sad that this is Easton's last year. He's so ready for school though. Looking at their last day of school picture and their first day picture they hadn't changed much over they year. Their teachers though had taken their measurements at the start and the end. Easton grew 3 inches and Nolan grew 2!
Easton's class had a little farewell program.
They sang about 5 songs that they often sung in class.
Afterwards we had ice cream on their playground. This is the volcano that I often heard about!
Then I got to go in Nolan's classroom to visit him.
He also had ice cream and got to play on the playground.
This is Easton's friend Afton. They were good buddies at school.
Just like last year we got a notice that Spencer had a missing library book. I was annoyed as the fine was going to cost $20.00 for a book about Ships and Boats. So I told him no baseball if we didn't find the book. Both him and Ryan panicked. They looked all over the house and Ryan even took him to school the next day to look in the classroom and the library. Apparently it was in the library but something was goofy with the bar code so it didn't scan back in correctly. Spencer was pretty excited.
Ryan got to enjoy Spencer's last day of school with him. The day started off with their wacky olympics.
Think he's a little determined and competitive? His tongue is sticking out!
It happened to be national donut day!
Ryan also got to see and hear about the 3 books Spencer wrote. They were about Mexico, Polar Bears and Bees.
He stayed for lunch...
He got to see Spencer in action at the schoo's gaga pit during recess.
Hard to believe first grade is over. Spencer really did a lot of changing and growing up in first grade. We are going to miss his teacher. She has been excellent to Spencer and us. Thankfully we will still see her this summer as she is going to tutor Spencer.
The picture on the left is from the first day of school and the one on the right is from the last day. He started with two front teeth!
Spencer got his year book and had teachers, staff and friends sign it. Who knew Aaron Rodgers went to his school! He fully admitted to writing that.
One night while I was tucking in Easton we talked about cutting his hair. Together we looked on the internet and he found a cut he wanted. Since then he's been asking to go get his hair cut so we finally did. He is so proud of his new look. We just need to grow the top out a little bit longer.
The older boys were gone so Nolan had a friend over to play. These two were so quiet and played so well together. Jake lives next door.
Easton and Spencer were off to Green Bay with Ryan. It was the annual kid's training camp. This was Easton's first year as you need to be 5 to be eligible.
The boys were trying to sneak a peak at the Packers' practice field under the tarp
The field behind them is what they were trying to see. You can see Lambeau in the back ground.
They took a tour of Lambeau that eventually takes you down by the field. Here is Easton doing his Lambeau leap.
Part of the tour leads you through the player's tunnel where they walk onto the field from the locker room. The tour guide suggested this picture of the three of them, turned out great.
Part of the tour takes you to a luxury suite
Lining up in the player's tunnel
The concrete that Easton is standing on is part of the original concrete from when Lambeau was first built. When the renovation in 2002 happened, they salvaged this concrete and built it into the new tunnel to keep the tradition alive, spanning 58 years of football at Lambeau.
Here is a plaque reminding the players of the rich history.
Easton is running out of the tunnel like it's game day!
Easton standing on the Lambeau grass!
Tour Guide: when we walk out of the tunnel, please do not step on the grass, stay on the green rubber track
After we walked out of the tunnel…
Ryan: Easton, stand on the grass quick!
The added a new statue outside of the Lambeau Field Atrium where you can pose doing your own Lambeau Leap
Now for the training camp. They rotate the kids through about 8 stations in an hour and they work on catching, throwing, kicking, agility and even get to block a Packer player. There are three Packer players that attend. They're not the big names, but pretty cool for the kids.
Here are local high school kids greeting the kids as they enter the practice facility
At the end they get a certificate "signed" by Coach McCarthy and this year the got a Junior Power Pack sign to hang in their room.
We spent the night in a hotel and of course had to hit the pool. I asked Easton to let me take a picture and this is how he posed!
We celebrated Finley's upcoming birthday with a party at the sports warehouse. It was a great place for busy boys.
Hard to believe he will soon be 7!
I've had this idea that we needed a pool. My hopes were to get a nice in ground or semi in ground pool. I even had our friend come out that installs pools to look at our yard and tell me our options. It seemed though that I was the only one who thought this was a great idea. Besides our neighbors who all wanted us to put a pool in also so they could enjoy it. Below are the images of what I was hoping for….
Since Ryan and I didn't agree on putting a big pool in we compromised. Even though they are very tacky looking we got an above ground pool. I know it will get used a lot this summer. Too bad we can't heat it, but for some reason the boys don't mind the cold water!
It's currently filling. I think it might take a full 24 hours to fill!





















































No comments:
Post a Comment