Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 2 Of Summer!

Most mornings I wake up to my alarm and think "I think I will just sleep in today." Then Josie starts barking and I think ok fine I will take her for a walk. I finally got her a training collar and that seemed to work MUCH better. 


She's getting so big so fast!

She found the best spot to dry off and warm up at Grandma's and Grandpa's. She can also watch over the back yard from her spot. 


The boys started summer school this week. Spencer is taking a reading/cooking class, science class and soccer. Easton's summer school is just getting to know the basics of school. It's run by two of the kindergarten teachers. Each day they have fun and are super happy when I pick them up but getting them ready to go is painful. They pout, whine and cry that they don't want to go.

I took the older two boys to Como Pool on Monday. It wasn't the warmest day but that didn't seem to stop them from having fun.








Easton trying to warm up.

Easton had baseball that night and I could tell he was tired. It was confirmed how tired he was when he was crying in the outfield cause he saw his brother eating a treat and not him.

Ryan was supposed to travel to NYC for work but never got on his connecting flight from Chicago due to storms. He had an 18 hour day that included a 6:00 am flight to Chicago from Minneapolis, multiple flight delays and two cancellations. He finally decided to rent a car and drive the 6 hours back home since he couldn't get a flight out. He said he should have known it was going to be a bad trip, this was the view on his flight to Chicago, straight into the side of the engine!

The boys continued with their golf lessons this week. 



Spencer wanted to practice in the canyon. 

We went downtown to Lake Front beach after school one day. 





The boys only have a few games left for baseball and tball.

The little brothers having fun watching the big brothers play.

Jake and Nolan are best buds.



We got Spencer and Easton's pictures back.


What better way to cool down after a game then with ice cream at Culvers?

They watched the movie Little Rascals and Spencer did all of their hair to look like Alfalfa

Heather and I kid swapped on Friday. Hadley came home with us and Spencer and Easton went with Auntie.

Hadley and Nolan testing out the pool.

I asked Hadley if she wanted to go do girls only stuff and she took the bait! Yup she wanted in. 


Nolan however was ticked that we were going to do girl's only stuff and he wasn't included. 



After our pedicures we went for dinner….


And ice cream…..


I found Jake & Nolan playing a little game of tic tac toe. 

We were running late so breakfast was donuts in the car. 

Hadley apparently only likes the frosting. 

We dropped the kids off at Grandma and Grandpa's. Ryan and I were on our way to Green Bay for the Jason Aldean and Kenny Chesney concert at Lambeau Field. We found some friends before the show to tailgate with.

This drink (Apple Pie moonshine) might be the reason for the next picture...




We had great seats and it was a fun concert. 



It sounds like it was wild and crazy and Grandma's. Thank you for willing to take on all of our kids.



We celebrated Father's day today. Ryan is going to a Brewers game with the boys in July. Grandma made fun "Tell All" pictures for Ryan. It had questions on them like Ryan's favorite drink, favorite color, what he does at work, etc and the boys each gave their answers.

Happy Father's Day Grandpa. 

We spent the rest of the day on the lake. First the kids wanted to go tubing. 






Spencer and Easton wanted to go faster but Finley wasn't so sure…..

So Finley got off and these wild kids told Grandpa to go as fast as he could! 


All 3 boys got up on the training water skis today. There was no hesitation with any of them. 







Even Nolan wanted to try. I was prepared to jump in the lake even though I was fully dressed to save him if he fell. He did great though and loved it. He's already asking when he can go again! 


Ryan helps the boys stay stable in the water as the boat starts to pull. 


He didn't know at first that he was supposed to stand up, Ryan didn't have a chance to finish telling him all of the instructions because the boat took off! The last thing he heard from Ryan was to act like your sitting in a chair. Well, that was at the time of take off!





Finally he got it and did awesome. 




No comments: