Sunday, June 14, 2015

Summer Vacation Week 1

Josie and I started our new routine this week. She typically gets up at 6:00 am so I've also been getting up then to get a run/walk in with her before the day with the boys starts. She's really starting to learn our path. I got her a training collar at the end of the week to help teach her not to pull so much. 



She's patiently waiting for me to put my shoes on. 

We decided to start summer off in a fun way. We went to Lake Elmo and invited all of our friends to join. It was the perfect start to summer.







Won't make this same mistake again. I gave the boys pretzel and chocolate cups for a snack in the car.

Our pool was finally full and the boys were ready to test it out.

Spencer wanted to jump right in. 

The other two aren't so daring and took their time on the ladder. 



Nolan wanted out. He thought it was way too cold! 

He's trying to convince me here that it's not so bad. 

They've been in it almost every night this week. I know we are going to get a lot of use out of it. 



 One morning I asked Spencer what he wanted for breakfast. It took him forever to decide and I had mostly cleaned up the kitchen. 30 minutes later he tells me pancakes. I told him no since I had put everything away and he was taking forever to decide. So he found the mini frozen ones and made his own. The. whole. box! I told him he wasn't having anything else till they were all gone. He eventually ate them all.

Spencer and Easton started golf lessons this week. They worked on putting. They have it every Tuesday morning for 6 weeks.




Poor Nolan he doesn't get to do golf lessons so I took him to Starbucks for coffee and he got a cake pop.

Later he had to go to the bathroom and our only option was a port potty. He thought it smelled and wanted a wipe to hold up to his nose while he went.

Easton continues to have a lot of fun at tball

Finley and Hadley joined us for a sleep over. Nolan wasn't thrilled about this idea. 

Easton shared his room with Hadley and even let her sleep in his bed. Ryan had to tell them at 10:30 it was lights out! 

We had donuts for breakfast. 

Nolan wanted to be alone in his picture. 

 We all sat in the car for an hour while Spencer was at vision therapy. 

Since it was raining the next day I took them to the trampoline park. 




We didn't do a very good job packing Finley and Hadley up to go back home. They left a few big items here including Fin the stuffed animal.

We had Reagan and Lilly over to swim..

Ryan's Director from work gave him catchers gear. Spencer LOVES wearing it. He put it on right away in the car then the conversation went like this:

Spencer: Dad, is this safe?
Ryan: buddy, you can't get much safer than you are right now

Brother's that pee together stick together. All 3 had to go when we pulled over at a rest stop.

Ryan and I attended his cousins wedding in Janesville on Saturday. 


Aunt Renee and his cousin Trent took a selfie with my phone. 

Ryan's Grandma made her rounds to visit with all the grandkids. 

Congrats to Megan and Adam.

Nolan still likes sleeping in the crib at Grandma's and he really likes the fish waterfall noise maker. 

It was so nice out today we decided to spend time at my parents instead of rushing home. Spencer tried knee boarding.







They played bocce ball. 

Later everyone tried the water ski trainer.






Week one of summer has been a nice change of pace. We are looking forward to more fun this summer!

No comments: