Monday, June 3, 2013

Spencer Goes To Training Camp!

This post is mostly about Spencer. Sorry Easton and Nolan but your dad had the camera all weekend.
  
Grandpa came up to watch Spencer play soccer on Tuesday. He was excited to have someone there besides mom watching him. The weather continues to be a bummer,  we can't get a full week without cold and rain. Grandma tried to come up to watch t-ball but then they canceled at the last min because of the chance of rain.




Ryan and Spencer took off for a little father/son bonding time. What better way to do it then to spend time in Green Bay. On their way they stopped to stretch their legs and play a little football in the parking lot of a gas station.

 Ryan took Spencer on a stadium tour and to the Packer Hall of Fame. (I might have to have Ryan fill in the blanks for what each picture is because I have NO idea!)
Spencer tried on a real helmet in the Packer pro shop, but didn't like how hard it was to take off!

Part of the tour was to a luxury suite






The next set of pictures are in the tunnel where the players walk out onto Lambeau Field!


Below are sections of concrete from the original City Stadium (prior to being named Lambeau Field) tunnel that was moved to the new tunnel after one of the many stadium renovations.

This plaque is the last thing the players see before running onto the field

Spencer taking his turn standing on the historic concrete

As we walked through the tunnel they played loud crowd noise and music to give everyone the feeling of game day!




The tour guide told everyone they had to stay off the grass. Ryan urged Spencer to back up, just a little bit!



This is where the visiting team comes onto the field

Spencer doing his best Lambeau Leap!

This was Vince Lombardi's office in the Packer Hall of Fame
Bart Starr's championship rings

Spencer standing in the replica locker room

Standing in front of Aaron Rodgers' uniform, his Super Bowl MVP trophy and the NFC Championship trophy, the game the Packers won to go to the Super Bowl in 2010

Spencer found Clay Matthew's locker

Now Spencer could do his Lambeau Leap!

Standing in front of a section of the goal post from Super Bowl XXXI, which Green Bay won in the '96-'97 season

Standing with the four Super Bowl Trophies!

A look at the players' Super Bowl rings. All you can see are diamonds!


If you ask Spencer what his favorite part of the trip was, he will tell you the games. Lambeau has a few interactive games that he couldn't get enough of.











The real reason why they were in Green Bay is because Spencer belongs to a Junior Power Pack kid's club. On Saturday they ran a training camp that the kids could go to. I think Ryan was the most excited about this because he's only been waiting two years for Spencer to turn 5 so they could go. Spencer got to run actual drills on the practice field at Lambeau.

Taking their annual picture in front of the Vince Lombardi statue

Ryan and Spencer in front of the Curly Lambeau statue

Waiting in line to enter the training camp practice




A local high school was there to play with the kids and help them rotate to each station

As they entered the field the team was there to greet them

All the World Championship banners inside the practice facility


There were a few players there as well to play with the kids









Afterwards they stopped in the pro-shop. Spencer brought home 2 more footballs! Lucky Us! Packer toothbrushes and real packer pants worn by one of the players.


Ryan thinks this would make for a great football trading card

Spencer and Ryan stopped out at the golf course after they returned for the "Birdies for Bob's House."



So with Spencer gone with Ryan that left Easton and Nolan with mom. We stayed busy by going to the gym, swimming, spent time at the park with friends and did some shopping at Target. Easton picked this out to buy.



 I think he was trying to impress his friend Olivia! Olivia and her brother Brady came over with their mom for pizza. We were both husband free and thought it would be easier to take on the kids together and keep them busy.


Easton convinced me to take them to lunch at Culver's so he could also have ice cream.


They played a few games together. I must admit only having 2 is WAY easier. Yet I could tell that both Nolan and Easton struggled a bit without having Spencer around. Spencer is more of a leader for those two.

On Sunday we celebrated Hadley's Golden Birthday! I feel like I don't get to spend the time with her as I would like, but I look forward to the Auntie and Hadley days we will have in the future. She's one cute little girl! Happy Birthday Hadley or as Grandpa and now Easton like to call you "Sassy Pants."





Auntie Dixie and cousin Shellee brought down the boys gifts for their birthdays. 




So I don't have any pictures for you this week of boy things but here are some of the new sayings in our house:

Easton: I don't think that's a good idea.
Easton: Ewww Gross! Not because something is gross but usually he says that to me when I want him to do something.
Nolan: Serious? 
Nolan: I don't think so!
Spencer: I don't want to live here. I want to live somewhere fun. Me: Ok, I can find you a new mom and dad. Spencer: No! I just don't want to live here. Me: Ok where do you want to live? Spencer: I want to live in Minnesota. At this point all I could do was laugh and told him he was lucky he said that to me and not his dad.

No comments: