Monday, May 27, 2013

A Busy Memorial Day Weekend!

Why do I always feel like I'm trying to play catch up with this blog. I thought things would get easier as the boys get older but I'm finding out we are just as busy doing a lot of fun things. Thanks for continuing to check in. Or maybe no one is checking in a I just continue to stress myself out about this blog. Either way lets recap the last few weeks.

I saw this posted on FB from a friend. The kids were wishing her daughter Happy Birthday. 

I told the boys I would take them to the zoo. Spencer likes sitting on the different animals to have his picture taken.




We got rained on a bit. While it rained the first time we had lunch.


Don't judge my Lunchables for picnic meals!






We saved the Monkeys for last.






The boys talked me into a carasol ride before leaving. The two older boys loved it, Nolan wasn't a fan.




We made finger print flower pots. Thanks for the idea Auntie.


We continued the week with soccer.




They had team pictures.

They finally scrimmaged another team. Spencer's two friends from school happen to be on the yellow team.

Here you can see the competition between the boys...





These 3 have been going to school together since Spencer started at his first daycare when he was 7 months old.

Practicing baseball on the field by our house

Next up was t-ball. I thought Easton would be jealous that Spencer is playing and he's not but he will ask to go along because he likes watching Spencer play. Easton starts his soccer league in June.





Last weekend I left for Austin, TX on a work trip. I got this picture right before boarding the plane.

Beside going to lectures on all the new up and coming things in the GI world I was able to spend some time with co-workers exploring the city of Austin.



I brought home the boys t-shirts.




Grandma came up to help plant our planter with flowers. Let's hope they stay alive.



Both boys wore their gardening gloves to bed. This was pre-planting.


 The boys wanted to color me a "welcome home" picture

 Both Spencer and Easton seem to be hooked on golf lately

We had a play date at the park with friends....


For the first time in I don't know how long all 3 boys napped at the same time.

Memorial Day weekend was a busy one. We spent some time in Madison and Eau Claire.

First stop was dinner at Wild Ridge on Friday night. Spencer has a new love for the game of golf. So he was excited to actually get to go out on a real course and play a few holes before dinner.




Easton was next. 


Finally Nolan got a turn to tee off.



Nolan LOVED the golf course. Endless grass to just run and run









Grandpa joined us after he finished his round.




Nolan is just one of the boys.


While we waited for dinner the boys went for a little walk on the course.
 The love to walk to the tunnel and listen to their echo

 Spencer likes to roll down the hill by the club house

Before going to Madison the boys played outside for a bit. Easton still loves his goggles.


Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Ron were waiting for us...


We headed over to Aunt Rachel's house for Caden and Noah's birthday party.
 They rented a huge bounce house that the boys had a blast playing in. Here they're wresting with Ryan


Ryan and his sisters.




Caden turned 6...

And Noah will be 3....






We spent Sunday morning at the Madison zoo.





This one was in a bit of trouble. He got to have a little time out with mom in the car. That's what you get for hitting mom when she wants you to go potty.



Easton wasn't a fan of the smells...

After the zoo we made the drive back to Eau Claire. The boys needed some time apart so Ryan took Spencer back to the golf course. Spencer thought this sand trap looked like a heart.

Notice the tongue... 
 This is a look of determination!



Grandma had a few craft projects for us to do with the littles. First we worked on our 4th of July shirts.





Then we made stepping stones. Spencer started out with a pattern but then went a little crazy.

This was the first stone Spencer ever made. The boys are always trying to get the little stones out of it. This is Nolan's hand on his hand print. Spencer would have been about the same age.




We had the traditional Memorial Day Parade. The boys LOVE dressing up as puppies for the Bob's House float.

Waiting for the parade to start...

I heard someone call out that she would take the Dalmatian. I turned back around and said "He's all yours!"

The 5 littles. I think they agree to do this each year because for the few blocks that we walk they get to throw and eat as much candy as they want.











So here's that part of the blog where I show you how much fun it is to be a mom of boys...

I found Easton's tooth brush hiding in his sock...

I LOVED our coffee table when we first got it, pre kids. My mom warned me I should keep a towel over it after we had Spencer. I didn't listen and this is the result. So many cars and trucks have been driven across this table it didn't stand a chance. Also you will see a few bite marks on the bottom edge.

Matching/fashion is not in their nature. 

They maybe boys and their clothes may not be as cute as girls but they still require a lot.

Getting ready for our next baby thrift sale in June!

 They always pose so nice fore pictures. Ryan said they started with their shirts down, but right as he took the picture, one of them would lift their shirt up!




No comments: