So last week you may have noticed I only had the 2 older boys for a few days. Don't worry Nolan wasn't being neglected. He got to spend one on one time with his Grandma and Grandpa. Just like I think it's important for our kids to spend alone time with us I also think it's nice for Grandma and Grandpa to have time with just one of the boys. He got to go on the Sunday night pontoon ride.
Now that it's summer and we want to spend our days at the park, pool or beach it changes up my work out routine. In the winter I use the gym as a place to go for the morning to get out of our house. The boys know that when they wake up if they can't find me still in bed (yes sometime I let them be my alarm clock) they know to look downstairs. They get really excited to find me downstairs and quickly put their work out stuff on an wait patiently for me to be done so they can have a turn on the treadmill.
Since I only had the 2 older boys on Monday I took them to test out a new pool. They LOVED it and we will be bringing Nolan back with us next time. This pool is closer to our house. They have life jackets for the kids to wear and lots of things for the little kids to play with.
Our no fear child Spencer headed straight for the slide. I'm not kidding when I say he did the slide at least 20 times. With the life jacket on I didn't worry about him.
Easton started out only wanting to be in the little kid pool. Eventually he wanted a life jacket on so he could go in the deep pool. Our boys love the water!
The only thing about the pool is you can't bring food in. So we had a picnic lunch out in the grass outside the pool area.
Spencer BEGGED for me to let him try the lilly pads. I watched as many big kids couldn't make it across and kept telling him he was too little. Finally a lifeguard suggested I let him try. My hope was that he would fall in and not want to do them anymore.
Oh how I was wrong. He loved them and kept going back for more.
We created our own water park in our back yard. Between the pool and the slide we are set.
With all the kids in the neighborhood its a good thing we have a big blow up pool.
Spencer went to the Dr. this week for his pre-op appointment for his next surgery. Sadly he has 1 more surgery left this summer. He was nervous to go for fear they were going to hurt him. I kept saying they were just going to look him over and not do anything. Oh how wrong I was! Spencer has a few bumps on his stomach that have been there for at least a month. When the Dr. told me what they were he said they couldn't be treated right there in the exam room. He said it would create blisters but they would go away quickly. I feel like he lied to both Spencer and I! Or I wasn't being a good mom and didn't ask enough questions. What we got an hour after we left the clinic was big fluid filled nasty blisters. The Dr. told me it was fine for him to play on the water slide after we left. Sadly Spencer got bumped and the blisters popped. This has been AWFUL! I'm not sure through all of this who has cried more, Spencer or myself.
You can see on the lower right side where the blood is on his shirt from when they popped. The next picture is a little gross, just a head's up.
This was a few days out. This actually looks better from what they were looking like. This breaks my heart and makes me question why I agreed to this treatment. NEVER AGAIN!
I needed to go furniture shopping because we finally got our dream bed, a king! Ryan says he no longer has to sleep on the night stand now that we have a bigger bed! I suggested a new park to Ryan for them to try out. His response in a text was "This place is big and it's hard to keep track of all 3!" It sounds like they had a lot of fun playing there and thankfully it wasn't busy. After looking at the pictures I'm not sure I want to attempt this place on my own but it looks like a park we will have to visit again. I love getting my boys out to try new places.
I had packed them a picnic lunch...
Running through the water sprinkler
They were over by the airport so Ryan found a spot for them to watch planes as they came in.
Spencer has really gotten into giving Nolan and Hadley piggy back rides.
Mission accomplished. Everyone is worn out!
We went to Maddie's 3rd Birthday party. Spencer sure loves Hadley. Spencer got to spend the night at Auntie's house on Thursday. I'm sure Heather will post pictures and write on her blog how it went.
Hadley wouldn't share her princess cupcake with me.....
So I stole a kiss instead!
TROUBLE.....
Playing with the neighbors. Nolan loves to throw rocks down the drain.
This is typically what the bottom of our driveway looks like on a busy day outside.
We celebrated Finley's 5th Birthday on Sunday. He wanted a boating party. It was a lot of fun and I think the kids had a blast. Finley had a great birthday and got a lot of nice presents. He was so excited we found him sneaking in the house a few times to just look at all the stuff he got again.
Nolan loves Simon..
Easton was hiding behind a tree and every time we would go to take a picture of Finley with his cake he would peek out from behind the tree.
Finley had a great cake! I'm so glad we found this awesome cake lady.
Just his size!
After lunch, cake and presents it was time to get out on the lake. The kids all went tubing and attempted water skiing....
Easton did a little fishing with Ryan
The boys made the paper! This was an article in the leader telegram about Finley having a lemonade stand to raise money for Bob's House. Spencer is the customer!
I only have a few pictures this week about life will all boys:
My boys LOVE hockey. They were excited that the Chicago Blackhawks won the stanley cup...
The next day I found this in my bathroom cupboard next to my hair brushes....
I found this rock in Spencer's cup when I was dumping out the rest of his OJ. I asked him why it was in his cup and he said "I was trying to turn it orange."
I have a major fear of worms. This is hard for me to post and look at!









































No comments:
Post a Comment