The boys and I had a play date with my friend Laurie and her two girls this week in Eau Claire. The sun was actually out this day and we enjoyed playing at a different park for a change.
This is kind of a cute story. Grandma and Grandpa have geese at their house. Each spring they would borrow Zoey for a few weeks to have her chase them away. Well, obviously this year Zoey isn't here to scare them so Spencer has been filling her role. The first time he went to scare them away he did it by barking. He said that's what Zoey would have done. So now he barks at all ducks. This is him trying to whistle and bark at the ducks on the pond at the park.
I'm no longer going to carry treats (I say that now) in my diaper bag. It doesn't matter where we go I have 2 kids that go straight for the bag and look for the snacks. Of course they aren't the most healthy snacks in there and I'm sure that's why, but it's starting to drive me crazy. When we are at the gym to run around and play or this particular day we were at the soccer field you will find Easton and Nolan sitting on the side eating snacks. Maybe some of the people reading this could suggest some better healthier, easy to carry snacks. I'm open for ideas.
So the whole reason why I wanted to get in shape was to be able to keep up with the 3 boys. I had so much fun running around the field the other day playing soccer with the kids. I even thought to myself at one point when Spencer and I were both out of breath there is no way I could have done that a year ago. I really want to set a good example for them. This weekend when I was going out for my run on Saturday Spencer was crying because he didn't want me to go (seriously a year later and he still cries when I go to leave for the gym). So I decided to include him. He rode his bike 3 miles while I ran. We didn't set any world records in the speed department and at one point I was running backwards while I waited for him to peddle up the hill, but I loved spending the time with him. He was so proud also when we finished.
I was worried when I signed Spencer up for t-ball and soccer that our week nights would be so busy. Well, due to that awesome WI weather we've been having, or lack of, I don't think we've had a week were he's played all 3 nights.
Easton came with to cheer on his brother.
I'm not sure why the kid in the purple is cheering but Spencer had just scored.
Spencer graduated preschool! Well technically it's his daycare graduation. The daycare center put on a little graduation ceremony with the kids. It was perfect and it was super cute to see Spencer in his cap and gown. I still don't think it's fully set in that after this week he won't be there anymore. We are so proud of the little boy he's become.
Spencer trying to wave to us.
This was a special graduating class for the center. The center only opened a few years ago and they were the first babies that made it all the way through. I can't even begin to thank all of the teacher's that have helped and continue to help raise and take care of our boys 3 days a week.
Grandma came up to watch Spencer graduate. She was even brave enough to take all 3 boys out to dinner before hand while Ryan and I were on our way home from work.
Being a new cul-de-sac there is still a lot of lots left to be built on. It always provides entertainment for the kids. They like watching the diggers and cement trucks work. I on the other hand can't wait for all the building to be done and there's no more dirt or 10 extra cars on our street.
Enjoying popsicles outside. This is a rare treat because it seems like it's never going to warm up and stay warm.
The kids were watching a very intense game of bean bags between the dads.
Melts my heart how much they love each other.
Grandma Julie sent the boys towels that they can wear with their names on them.
Ryan and I are going to try and take some control back in our house. It seems the boys have taken over in running the house. I felt like as a mom I was becoming more negative and not being the type of mom I want to be. So we are going to focus on 2 things to start off with. Easton seems to have relapsed in his potty training. I know this can be normal but it's frustrating when you know they can do it. Plus, I already have to do 10 loads of laundry a week I'm not enjoying the extra stuff from accidents. For each day he makes it without and accident he will get a sticker on his chart. When it's filled he gets to spend his Target GiftCard.
The other area that's gotten bad is meal times. They are in and out of their seats, not eating their food and then whine for snacks or treats 5 minutes after they say they are done. I dread meal time. So we've set a few new rules and if they have nice table manners we will put a stone in their jar. When they get 30 stones I told them Ryan and I would take them to the indoor water park to swim. Wish us luck and I will keep you posted if things are getting better.
The boys are playing a dice game while waiting for our food at Wild Ridge.
Nolan is obsessed with trying on different shoes.
Ryan went in to check on Easton one morning and found him sleeping on the floor in a ball.
My mom of all boys picture.....
A sign that they were busy playing outside all day.
Spencer Ryan......
Spencer has such a good heart. An example of that was when we were at the Y and my friend was peeking in at her kids in the gym while they were in the daycare playing. Her 1.5 year old was crying and she saw Spencer trying to comfort him by rubbing his back. Or when I was dealing with Easton (you will find out why in a minute) he brought Nolan into kitchen got him a snack and was trying to "take care" of him.
Easton Ryan.....
Easton is my child to a T. He could go all night and will sleep in late. Easton challenges us in every way. Yet I love him because he loves to be cuddled. He loves his brothers. He wants to be like Spencer and loves helping out with Nolan. In a book I read it said the strong willed kids are the ones that will change the world. Well, watch out world because Easton is coming.
Here's an example of how he challenges us.
Somehow he found his way onto the counter in the laundry room by using the dryer as a step stool. But he also managed to get the child safety cap off Spencer's allergy mediation and helped himself. Thankfully it wasn't benadryl and poison control told me it was a well tolerated medication.
Nolan Ryan.....
Our baby! Our baby that is turing into a big boy quicker then I would like. He so much wants to be a big boy with his brothers. He attempts to do all the things they do. He talks a lot and gives the biggest most intense hugs. He's fast so you have to keep your eye on him always. Nolan is the one I lose track of the most. He is just such a happy boy.



























No comments:
Post a Comment