Our Halloween festivities started last weekend and went on for a week. I'm officially "Halloweened" out! The boys had a blast though. Easton didn't care so much for dressing up (I think in the end he wanted to be a baseball player not a police officer). I love the holidays more and more now that we have kids. I love watching them get excited over things and trying to make it special for them.
Ryan and Grandpa carved pumpkins with the boys.
They didn't get fancy with their carving but I still think they are cute.
Sunday Ryan and I headed to Green Bay with our friends Laurie and Ben. We visited the Packer house for tailgating....
The view from our seats was great. Though there really isn't a bad seat in the stadium.
Last weekend we also attended a Pumpkin Party out at Camp St Croix. It was the first time the kids dressed up in their costumes. They had games to play and candy to win. We also took a horse drawn wagon ride around the camp. Spencer wanted to leave after we got there because he saw two mascots. It took some convincing but after about 20 minutes he finally realized they wouldn't bug him unless he got close.
The week at school was theme week. Each day was something different. One day was crazy hair day. Nolan didn't mind his hair in a pony tail at all.
Nor did he care that they put a green spider web in his hair and spider.....
Spencer had his last football practice/game this week. He really liked flag football.
I can see Easton enjoyed hanging out in Ryan's car, literally.
We had banked money at the Y for swim lessons that was set to expire in December. So even though we are going to be busy during the week with hockey starting we know how much he loves to swim. I'm really not looking forward to the day when they are all in different activities.
Date night this week was at chipotle. I got to pick this time. I had a talk with Easton's teacher about him this week as he had a rough day and they even brought Spencer in one day to eat breakfast with him to try and get him out of his funk. She asked if I thought Easton suffered from middle child syndrome. I told her I'm doing the best I can but that I know all my boys lack attention from me because I'm one person and I try to do the best I can. I also mentioned that I think he is just our strong willed child. It was the first time they had really seen him kind of act out in their room. I also told her how I'm trying to make special time with each boy so we can have 1 on 1 time together. She thought that was a great idea.
I love these little pumpkins with their names on them. The boys woke up to them filled with treats on Halloween morning.
We had a Halloween breakfast....
They put on their Halloween shirts and we headed to EC to visit Grandpa.
They went trick or treating at Grandpa's office....
We went to their school for their Halloween parade and party. Easton wanted NOTHING to do with the parade.
But he had fun at the party....
That night we went trick or treating around our neighborhood with friends.
The best idea daycare had was to make PJ day the next day. Nolan wasn't a happy camper and wanted nothing to do with his picture being taken.
Grandma Nancy came up to visit this weekend. The boys went to her hotel to swim and have a pizza party to celebrate her birthday.
I got this great idea looking on Pinterest to have a Halloween party for the kids. That's what pinterest does to you. Sucks you into all of these cute ideas. The party was CRAZY! We had about 25 kids mostly under the age of 5. Thanks to the parents that stayed and helped. We had a few structured games but lets face it, the kids really just wanted to play in their costumes. I haven't decided if this will be an annual thing or not. I'm still worn out!
Easton was over being a cop and refused his costume and I refused to fight with him.
We played bowling...
The best costume award goes to Nic and Justin. They both dressed up as Ryan's. I love it!
Below is what Justin's name tag said. Nic's name tag said "I'm Ryan, I love Aaron Rodgers"
Really Ryan?!?! This was his idea of a costume. Needless to say it didn't last long!
They played pin the spider on the web...
We did a mummy wrap with each family....
I think they kids thought the best part was ripping off the toilet paper and having a toilet paper fight.
My mom, sister and I all came up with fun Halloween treat (thanks pinterest.) These are mummy juice boxes.
We also had some pumpkin juice boxes...
Auntie and Finley made cute witches hats and broom sticks.
Grandma thought these fake rats would be a great hit. I found one stuck to my ceiling!
We did a skeleton scavenger hunt outside. The green team won.
Poor Nolan he just got to watch from inside the house, too chilly for him...
The last thing we did was the piñata. Sam broke it just before the 3 biggest kids got a turn.
Grandma and her babies!
These two were all partied out that night and fell asleep 5 minutes after sitting on the couch.
The older boys stayed home with Ryan on Sunday so they headed to the gym for their usual play time.
Nolan and I went to EC for the first baby thrift sale. It was busy right away and after a few hours and tons of stuff sold it got quiet. A lot of stuff was sold and I was happy/sad to see it go.
We still have a ton of stuff left though. We decided to pack it up and we will have another sale in the spring. We will also have more stuff to sell as Nolan and Hadley grow out of things.
Random pictures of the week.....
Easton was in a time out for coloring on the wall. This is what he did during his time out. It took him 30 minutes to clean this mess up!
Nolan likes playing on our bed until he got stuck.
Easton is cute when he's sleeping.
I saw these pictures posted on Spencer's classroom door and took photos of them.
I'm starting to feel like I could use some help with raising boys and feeling guilty about what Easton's teacher said. I never want one of my boys to feel like they don't get the attention they need. I just want to try and get a better understanding of this whole parenting thing.
They can give me such a hard time and even bring me to tears at times because I'm so stressed out. No matter what though they mean the world to me and I love them more than anything! I hate when people say to me "so are you going to try for a 4th and hope you get a girl?" My answer is "no I love my boys! and 3 is enough." I feel like they are saying my boys aren't good enough. When in fact I think they are the best. I feel like I am the luckiest mom in the world!
(One of our pictures from our fall family photo shoot with Mary Moua. Ryan is telling people he took it!)






































































No comments:
Post a Comment