Sunday, November 25, 2012

Gobble Gobble.....

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and was able to spend time with family. Like most things in our life, ours was crazy busy. I'm starting to think that's the only way we do things around here. 

Grandma bought Easton some Badger bibs so of course they had to wear them to school on Monday. Poor Spencer his are getting a little short for him. Maybe Santa will bring him a longer pair? Also Easton had an outfit change mid day at school. He just couldn't figure out the buckles on the bibs fast enough when he had to go potty.



It's true Nolan is a very happy baby.....

But he's also very busy. When I went to replace the vent cover I found where he hid his shoes.....

It was Nolan's turn to get a hair cut this week before Thanksgiving. Only I didn't realize how much she was cutting off until it was too late. All the curl is gone. I can't tell it might still be curly when it grows back in. So for now he just looks like our big boy.


Ryan likes to make fun of me and my pinterest projects. The boys and I have a lot of fun doing the different things. Especially making yummy treats.


Easton woke up with a horrible cough this week. We took him in on Wednesday before heading to Madison to make sure it wasn't anything to worry about since we would be around a lot of people and sleeping in a hotel room together. Nothing contagious, just a really annoying cough!

We packed up the car and took off on our first long road trip in awhile. We were off to Madison to spend Thanksgiving with Ryan's family. Ryan was in charge of packing entertainment for the car. He packed a few movies that was it. Luckily I had a few treat bags, an itouch and an iPhone on stand by. Spencer got my phone and took photos from the back. I had to delete about 25+ once we got there but I thought these didn't turn out too bad...




Our best traveler by far going both ways was Nolan. The older boys constantly asked "how much longer?" "Are we there?" They told us over and over how bored they were, that they had to go potty and their butts hurt. Besides a few moments of pure over tired emotional breakdown I thought they did better then I expected (I've learned to expect the worst).

You wouldn't think you need a lot for just 1 night. I'm still and always have been an over packer. I'm thankful for my over packing because you just never know especially with 3 when you might need something.....



The hotel that we've always stayed at has a great pool and the kids have a lot of fun swimming. We realized watching 3 in a pool is a bit more of a challenge when for a split moment we took our eyes off Nolan and then found him floating (I promise it was only for a sec) but after that he was forced to wear a life jacket. He didn't mind though and wore it around the pool proudly.




Before the life jacket....








Ryan's family showed up to swim with us and we had a pizza party in the lobby.

Ryan took Spencer and Nolan to his mom's house to hang out for a bit. Spencer got to share ice cream with Grandpa Ron.

While they were having ice cream Easton and I hung out and he got a nebulizer treatment for his cough.

It was a LONG night in the hotel. Easton had us up about every hour. Him and I made 3 trips to the lobby until his coughing attacks were under control. He woke up Nolan 2 times. He also managed to pee through his pull up 2 times so I felt like our bed was just wet. When you only have about 4 hours of sleep in you though you don't really care.


At one moment I wish someone could have taken a picture of all of us. I was coming back from a trip to the lobby. Ryan was kneeling next to Nolan's pack and play rubbing his back to get him to fall back to sleep and well this was Spencer...... He was in the process of falling out of the bed.


This would have been a great picture if his eyes were open.


Thanksgiving was spent at Grandma Nancy's house. Grandpa Ron grilled the turkey and the boys were curious and watched from the window. The weather was nice, the food was great and we had a nice time seeing everyone.

What's Thanksgiving without some football.
Spencer's ready position as a wide receiver.
Easton trying to copy his big brother.


Grandma Nancy has some fun and different things to play with. I think this might have been Aunt Roz's.

Grandma Debbie made these cute turkey shirts with the boys. They were excited to show them off!












We celebrated Christmas with them. We won't see them after Christmas so this was just easier. The boys LOVED opening presents and were excited about their gifts.





Spencer and Caden have a lot of fun playing together. They are both sad they don't get to see each other very often.





The last picture I have with Nolan and his nuk. We took it away this weekend. So far things are going alright. He cried for about 10 minutes the first night before falling asleep. Naps have been a little rougher going down and crying out a few times during. I just have to keep telling myself it's easier now then when they are 3.

The first morning he got up at 5:00 am and we let him fuss for a bit but we didn't want him to wake his brothers. This is what happens by lunch time when you get up that early.....


It was dad and the boys on Friday while I was at work. I think they played with everything while I was gone. 





It's a good thing I only saw this on the camera and not in real life. Only when dad is in charge is this ok!


His highchair must be comfortable!


This is Easton hiding behind his curtain when he should be napping!

We tempted at taking the boys out for another Friday night dinner. We are sticking to more kid friendly places. This time we went to Applebee's. Spencer told us he wants to have his birthday there because they sing a fun song to you.

We came home and had movie night. We watched Elf On The Shelf.


We watched the movie because the next day our Elf who has had a few names now showed up. I think his name finally is going to be Scout.

This first day he came he brought Christmas Candy and the boys their ornaments.

Next we found him playing with cars. Spencer insisted that he be moved right away for fear that Nolan would touch him and the elf would lose his magic.


Again only when dad is in charge! When Nolan gets up at 5:00 am, he needs coffee too I guess.

This weekend we got our house ready for Christmas. 



The boys have their own trees in their rooms.


Spencer resting during open skate this week.




No comments: