I've been thinking lately how I miss not having a little baby around the house. I've had a ton of co-workers and friends have babies and it makes me sad to think I will never have that again. However, the boys have reminded us this week what it's like to get up with a baby. Easton was coming out of his room at 3:30 or 4:00 AM telling us he wanted in our bed. We never let him in our bed so it's a march back down the hall into his bedroom. He typically has a change of clothes in his arms and seems like he's ready to start the day. I can assure you, we are not ready to start the day! Nolan has cried on and off during the night again. We think he is teething and Spencer came in one night because he had a bad dream about strangers. The last two nights knock on wood have been better. Thankfully Ryan has been great and helping get up with them and allowing me to catch up on sleep in the morning. I'm pretty sure I was heading towards melt down mode. On top of that Easton's behavior has been not the best. Ryan and I have been pretty frustrated with his lack of listening and sneaking off to do naughty things (writing on the wall, toilet and sneaking treats). I started reading a book called "Parenting Your Strong Willed Child." I also have a great friend, Brook who knows where I'm coming from raising so many kids close in age and has offered great parenting advice. I can see a lot of mistakes I had been making and I hope it helps me to be a better mom. There is no doubt Easton is my child. I'm sure my parents are laughing a little inside knowing that I did the same things to them as Easton is doing to us.
Ok onto our week!
Spencer and his friend Gavin have swimming together. Spencer likes that he's in the deep pool and gets to go off the diving board now. It's nice that it's just the two of them in swimming class together.
Easton and I had date night on Thursday again. We headed downtown to Barkers and off to music class.
Friday morning was a stay home day. Since everyone was up by 6:30 am we did some cuddling on the couch and sent pictures to Grandma and Grandpa on their trip.
After the gym I surprised the boys and stopped at the park. It was a nice day and we were the only ones there.
He actually made it across the first time by himself I was surprised. This video makes me laugh because you can hear the scream of panic in his voice.
Friday night we needed out of the house. So we took the boys out for pizza and ice cream. When we got there we noticed we weren't the only family with little kids out. It was loud and busy in there so we blended in just fine. The boys were actually really well behaved at dinner.
Spencer asked Ryan if he was drinking milk because there is a cow on his beer bottle.
Attached to the pizza place is a new frozen yogurt shop. The boys love picking out their flavors and toppings. It was a great way to spend our Friday night. On the way to the car Spencer asked if we could do it again. It's times like these when having 3 little boys seems manageable and makes up for the really crazy busy times.
Hockey season is officially here. Spencer has his first real practice next Saturday. So to get him ready Ryan brought him to open skate in River Falls. Easton really wanted to go with but we were worried he would get on the ice and after 5 minutes be done. I kept waiting to get a text from Ryan that said I needed to pick him up. He did great though and had a lot of fun.
He started out using the trainer....
Spencer loves the ice.
By the end though he was on his own.
While Ryan got Spencer off the ice Easton made a lap all the way around. You can barely see him on the right.
The nice thing about skating is how it tires them out. This was minutes after leaving the rink.
It was parent's night out for daycare on Saturday. We're able to drop the kids off at 4:00 and didn't have to pick them up until 9:00 PM. We've been warned also by the kids if we come too early they don't get to finish watching the movie. Friends of ours who kids also attend the center headed out for dinner. Jill said it the best: No one bothered us to cut up their food, wanted to be entertained or spilled anything. I call that a successful dinner.
I tried my first real glass of wine.
I'm warming up to the taste.
Thanks for a nice night.
The random pictures from the week. Nolan LOVES this rocking horse in his room...
If the boys hear Nolan wake up in the morning they run in there to get in his crib and read him books. It's cute to watch them all play together.
For the first time Nolan fell asleep in his high chair. I like that his hands are folded.
He found the computer. Now I can't get him to leave it alone.
Grandma is rubbing off on the boys. They set up their toys and had their own thrift sale. The price for anything was $20. When we told them that was too expensive, Spencer cut the price to $1!
Happy Anniversary to my parents. They are enjoying a fun trip in New York!
Love you!






























No comments:
Post a Comment