Monday, July 2, 2012

Busy Summer

Spencer had his last t-ball games this week. My family came up to watch the game on Monday. I don't see much of the game because I'm busy on the sidelines.





Tuesday was a home day. Nolan had his therapy in the morning and did well. For the most part he likes playing and doing the different activites but anytime she stretches him afterwards he will bee line across the floor to my lap so I can rescue him. We really like our therapist and actually her father-in-law is one of the physicians that founded the organization I work for. The teacher's at Nolan's school also do a great job stretching him and working with the therapist. We think he has made some improvement.

We spent the rest of the day just playing around the house. With our busy weeks and weekends it's nice to spend some time just at home. I will admit though by the end of the day I was reminded why I like to get out and about with the kids. We were all going kind of crazy.






I decided to try Easton in underwear since we were going to be home all day that day. He started out great. Going into the bathroom all on his own and no accidents. After nap he didn't do so well. We went outside to play and I think being more distracted didn't help. Even with the reminders he had a few accidents. It was almost like he didn't realize that he had to go. I think we will keep working more on potty training before we go straight to underwear but it's a start.



We went to the pool the next day. Some friends even joined us this time. I think the little boys had just as much fun as the big boys.







My cousin Jon got married this weekend. His rehearsal party was at my parent's. The kids had fun playing and roasting marshmallows. We had a great time at their wedding also on Saturday.









Easton is a messy s'more eater!








Not a great picture but to me there is nothing better.....

At the wedding. Yup a repeat on wedding outfits. When you don't go out much you gotta get your use out of your dress up clothes. Well, Ryan wore a different suit.

We celebrated Finley's 4th Birthday with a bowling themed party. The kids had fun bowling and playing the games. It was a fun party and Spencer is already asking if we can have a bowling party for his next birthday.











We made a last minute decision to keep the boys up way past their bedtimes and take them to the fireworks in Hudson. We met up with our friends at the park to let the boys play before the show. You should have seen how fast Easton moved to get to my lap with the first firework went off. They had a lot of fun but were super tired this morning when it was time to get up for school.










A few more pictures from the week.

Spencer had a friend over to play.


This was taken in our backyard when we were getting ready to leave for work one morning. We often see hot air balloons.

Spencer being a true boy caught a frog. He kept it in his hands for awhile then decided it needed a home. First he came out with a sippy cup full of water for the frog. I tried to explain that it would drown the frog. Before we headed in for the night I told him he should let the frog go so it would live in the lot next to our house. Later while I was in the shower he came running in with his hands closed and I thought "did you just bring that frog back into this house?!" Once he opened his hands I backed away thinking it was going to hop out. Nope it was just a rock he wanted to show me! UGH! I'm trying to adjust to the world of boys but I'm not a fan of little creatures.

Nolan loves to be on the move. I wish he would start walking so he wouldn't have to crawl on the pavement.


No comments: