Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mr. Mom

I'm patiently waiting for my new lens to come in but I'm getting anxious. I'm tired of blurry pictures. This is the best I got of the boys wearing their Vail t-shirts.

Auntie, Finley and Hadley came up for Spencer's t-ball game. We got to the field a little early so Finley and Easton could have a turn playing before the game started. It was busy keeping the boys entertained plus Spencer was playing 3 of his very close friends from school so they all seemed distracted. Afterwards we thought it would be fun to take the boys out for ice cream. Well, it sounded like a good idea but they were still hyper from the game so it was kind of crazy.



(Sam R)

(Sam A)



Spencer's first sports picture.

Nolan's 11 Months!
(Technically he has been for 10 days.)

I realize once again it's blurry but it's so good of him standing.







All about our 11 month old:

Eating:
*He still gets bottles. I think in a month the hardest one to get rid of will be the morning bottle. Most mornings he gets up around 6:00 am eats and goes back to bed until 9:00 am.
*He is a GREAT eater. I can't cut up food fast enough for him half the time.
*They told us at daycare he's by far is the best baby to drink from a sippy cup.

Sleeping:
* He goes down around 7:00 pm. Gets up at 6:00 am to eat and sleeps until 9:00 am.
*Typically takes 1 nap in the afternoon for 2-3 hours.
*He goes down super easy. I put him down awake with his nuk, turn on his noise soother and walk out. Rarely do I hear him fuss after putting him down.
*He likes to sleep on his belly with his butt up in the air and his legs tucked under him.

Milestones:
*His top two front teeth have FINALLY poked through!
*He can stand on his own.
*If he goes missing you can usually find him upstairs as he loves to crawl up the stairs.
*Walks along holding onto things.
*He definitely has stranger anxiety and now cries and drop offs for school. He gets super excited to see us when we pick him up.
*He prefers me.
*He's most happy when his brothers are doing something silly, eating, playing in the bath tub, swinging and doing anything that doesn't really require him to sit still for very long.

Nolan is a very happy easy going baby. With that being said he's very busy. We never really put child safety locks on our old house but we do on this one. He's into EVERYTHING! He likes to play with Zoey's water dish, toilets, the rubbermaid cupboard and in our kitchen curtains. We are so blessed to have him. I just can't believe in a month he will be 1. I'm really sad and excited. I just hate how fast time seems to be going.

I surprised our Monsters Inc. obsessed child with Monster pjs.


Every summer I look forward to two weekends. Country Fest and Country Jam. I missed out on them last year since I was pregnant with Nolan so I was extra excited for this year. It's 3 days of country music, fattening food, drinks and memories that will last forever.





While I was off having fun with friends Ryan was acting as Mr. Mom. From the texts I got throughout the weekend it sounds like they had their ups and downs. Easton was a stinker on Friday but they had fun going to the zoo. Saturday Ryan ventured downtown to walk the pier and then took on the task of taking them all to Target. He brought the boys to my parent's for boating, tubing and grilling out. Maybe this means I can go away more often?

Ryan told me he dressed them a like so he could keep track of them. Target Red and Khaki, easy to remember!

It's kind of tough to see, but there is a gorilla staring right at Spencer. Easton backed away, Spencer stood frozen.




On the Pier.




Easton helping put sunscreen on.

Spencer loves being one of the big boys and again has no fear when it comes to water.


That would be Spencer and Peter hanging their hands out the side of the tube to splash in the water.


Ryan had to get in the tube with his clothes on when it was Easton's turn as he's not as big of a fan of the water.


The boys and the dads played yard games



What do you get the guy who has everything and needs nothing? An afternoon doing what he loves most to do. We decided from now one for father's day we are going to have a golf outing. For now it will be the big kids and the dad's and once Hadley and Nolan get bigger we will all go out together. It was Easton's first time out on the course. The boys did well and it sounds like everyone had a good time. I heard my dad even came close to a hole in one.




You can barely see the ball, it's less than a foot from the hole.




There is a reason why I will only let him have stuff like this on bath nights. He was messy!


No comments: