Sunday, November 27, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


We hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Ryan and I were actually able to enjoy eating a meal this year. It seems in the past we've been too busy fixing plates and feeding someone else to actually take the time and eat. We planned it just right and had their plates ready before ours and then Nolan slept during dinner. It was a random mix of people at my parent's. Some family and a lot of friends this year. My mom has such a big heart that she made sure no one was left out this year. Only in Wisconsin will you get a Packer themed Thanksgiving!

Last year Simon decided he was going to switch from being a Viking fan to a Packer fan. He was excited to watch the game with all of the Packer fans. To celebrate his switch my dad made him a special chair to watch the game.

Suzie (Simon's mom) who is still a Viking fan is not happy about the switch!

This is what happens when a Viking fan tries to talk to Nolan.......

 Thanksgiving quickly turned into Halloween! Grandma bought the clearance costumes for the boys to play dress up in...

 Hadley is doing great with sitting.... Nolan is still working on rolling over.

The comparasion picture. I think it won't be long and Nolan might pass up Hadley!


Grandma made a great meal! Spencer now gets to sit at the bigger kids table!
(Pants are optional I guess!)


 Grandpa is always bugging us that we are on our phones too much. So he decided this Thanksgiving was going to be cell phone free. If you broke the rules you owed $100 to Bob's house for dogs. I must say that most of us followed the rules but......

 When the boss is sleeping....

 The rules get broken!

We invited our friends Terryl and Jake over to watch the Badger game on Saturday. They have 3 girls to keep our 3 boys in line! Averi is 4 and the twins Olivia and Alexia are 2. They go to school with the boys. It's nice when they can all play together in the basement. The basement looks like a tornado went through it and a diaper ended up in the toilet, but overall they had a blast and the boys were all sleep by 7:30 pm!

 
Spencer and Averi on a date.
(Jake trying on Christmas sweaters.)

(I joked that if I had a girl I think she would look a little like Alexia)

(We think these two look a lot alike.)

 Easton our clean up crew!

We are starting to get our house ready for Christmas. Ryan put up my favorite. White Christmas icycle lights on the house.

The boys and I made my favorite cookies!

Our Elf that Spencer named Smurf found his way back to our house. Only Ryan and I haven't been very good at it this year. He's forgotten to move the last 2 nights! After the first night he left a note saying he took the night off and after the 2nd night he moved during nap time! Oops! I guess we need to remember to move him at night before we go to bed.


I took Spencer with me to pick up Easton's medicine. Yes, Easton has another ear infection! He got to pick out something to buy with their gift cards from Halloween from Grandma so he picked big bugs. The boys LOVE them!

No comments: