Sunday, November 20, 2011

4 month check up!

Poor Nolan!

I'm not even sure what happened this week it all seems like a blur. We officially got hit with the flu bug. First Spencer and then myself. He woke us up by crying on Tuesday night and by the time I got into his room Ryan was already in there and he was throwing up into Ryan's hands. So what do little boys want to do when they don't feel good? Cuddle and of course I stayed home with him on Wednesday so I was lucky enough to catch the bug and by Wednesday night I was sick myself. I still don't think my stomach is 100% yet!
Playing with play-doh is always fun when you have the flu!

Grandma came to my rescue in a MAJOR way as always. She was basically mom to my kids while I was stuck in bed unable to even move! She took Nolan to his 4 month check up and the boys back to her house to play while I rested. It kills me that I couldn't be there for Nolan's appointment but if anyone was going to go in my place I'm glad it was her!

Something about Grandma's bed puts everyone to sleep!

So Nolan's 4 months! Seriously where did that time go? I can't believe he is getting so big and can now sit in his bumbo for longer periods of time, the excersaucer, and is working on rolling over!


Here's the report from Grandma answering the list of questions I sent with her....

Overall he's perfect! He is right on track to being a big boy just like Spencer! He was our littlest baby but 2nd biggest 4 month old. He weighed in at 16 pounds 15 ounces (Spencer was 17 pounds and Easton was 15.3) this put Nolan in the 75%. He is 25 inches long 50% (Spencer was 26 and Easton was 25). I will be curious to see how he keeps growing!


His spitting/throwing up... His MD doesn't think it's reflux because he doesn't fuss or arch his back when eating. So I can try adding cereal to every bottle (nope we tried that and it doesn't help.) or try a soy based formula. We started switching his formula this weekend so we'll see what happens.

My mom asked about his head always tilting to one side....( If your not sure what I mean look back at the pictures of him on the blog and you'll see it.) We now have a PT appointment for him to work on stretching them. It's called torticollis. The good news he doesn't have a flat spot because of it.

My mom also asked what to do at night to get him to sleep...... We can now start letting him cry it out a bit. We did this the other night and it worked a little when I went back in he was tired from crying and wanting his nuk he wasn't going to take it out.

Nolan got his first Jake Dowell hockey jersey!

Monday night Ryan, Grandpa, Uncle Patrick, Jeff, Lane and Mike all went to the Packer vs Viking game. The report is they had a great time and can't wait to do it again next year!


While they enjoyed being at the game, I felt like I was there also right in my own living room. Spencer was replaying all the moves and touchdowns the Packers had. He coached me and told me all about the game. He even did that Lambeau leap over and over again! I tried to convince him after the first two touchdowns that the Packers won and the game was over but he didn't buy it!


Despite the flu it was a normal week for us. We kept busy by going to the YMCA, taking baths and playing in the basement.




This is what Easton looks like in the morning when we get him up. He wants a glass of milk and the blanket over his eyes!

 Spencer playing musical chairs by himself.... can you guess who won?

 Playing football... this is only ok with dad!

This weekend we had our first real snowfall. Nolan and I quickly took off for EC for my girls night before the roads got to bad. I made sure to drive extra careful and be VERY cautious. After last years roll over I'm a little bit more scared driving in nasty weather. I'm happy to report we made it safe and sound. Even though I made the trip in bad weather, the van and I had a little run in with my parent's garage and I'm sad to report the garage won. That will teach me when backing out of my parents driveway! UGH!


Nolan and I went to the Blugold game with Grandpa, Grandma, Aunite, Finley and Hadley.


Spencer and Easton were both VERY excited to go outside and play in the snow today. Ryan bundled them up and out they went. They made snow angels and went sledding down the hill. I went out and bought my first pair of boots and snow pants in like 10 years. How I've managed to live in WI and not have those things is beyond me but I have a feeling there is no avoiding going outside this year!

No comments: