We spent the week getting ready for Halloween. Grandma Julie sent fun Halloween activity books and stickers.
Auntie and Grandma told us about this fun treat to make called witches hats. The boys helped unwrap the kisses only each one Easton unwrapped ended up in his mouth.
(Notice where all of Easton's wrappers went!)
The boys had a Halloween party at school. So we packed treat bags for their friends. Spencer did great putting the right things and amounts in each bag. Easton just filled his up over and over again with the smarties.
The boys got to paint their pumpkins.....
but had more fun painting themselves.
It's all about Easton this week!
(Learning to drink from a cup and not a sippy cup.)
(The love of light switches.)
When I was pregnant with Nolan people asked if we would have anymore after him. My response is that I'm happy with 3. Then they usually pointed out that Easton would be the "middle" child. I'm going to make it my goal to make sure he never feels like he is the "middle" child. I want to make sure he gets just as much attention as the other kids and I don't want him to feel left out. With that being said on Thursday it was Mommy and Easton day! We started out our morning with going to the children's museum. I loved spending the 1 on 1 time with him. It was also fun to see a bit of his personality come out. Normally he is active and right there getting into things with Spencer. I usually describe him as our "busy and into everything" child. But alone he was very quiet and reserved. Don't get me wrong he was still all over the place and I was thankful I didn't have the other 2 with me. He clung to me more then I thought he would. We had such a good time together and I look forward to our next day together.After the museum we went and had lunch at Ryan's work.
While Easton and I spent the day together Spencer and Nolan hung out with Grandma. They joined Auntie with her friends at the sports center. After Spencer spends time with grandma he cries for a good 10 minutes after she leaves because he misses her.
Spencer has been doing a great job listening. The jar seems to be working most days. We've noticed a major improvement in his behavior overall. He even filled it up this week so it was off to Target to go shopping. I put him down before we got to the toy area and he walked right over to the toy he wanted a Nerf sword. Even after I tried to show him some other fun not so violent toys it was back to the sword. I couldn't tell him no because this was his big reward. He was and is so excited about that sword. Now the jar is empty and he is working towards going to the water park.
Nolan is getting better with his head control so we got out the excersaucer for something else to help entertain him other then sitting in the bumbo or playing on the floor under the play mat. He lasts for about 10 minutes at the most in it.
Grandma Julie and Grandpa John came up from Texas this week to visit and watch Uncle JB play hockey. We took the boys to the game Friday night. I don't think we saw much of the game as both the older boys were to busy running around.
Nolan slept the whole time...
Grandpa John made a puck out of tin foil. It was an innocent game of floor hockey until.....
Spencer tripped and hit his head on the bench!! It looked awful and he was pretty upset. He got to sleep with me that night so I could keep an eye on him and make sure he was doing ok. Of course he would fall and bump his head like this when we had pictures 2 days later!
Grandpa John came over for a game of garage hockey....
This weekend we had a birthday party at a farm. They had it in the big barn where they had big wooden horses you could ride.....
the boys ate cupcakes or I guess I should say frosting...
Grandma did her magic once again and craved the boys the cutest pumpkins ever!
A co-worker of Ryan's give us the idea for their costumes this year.
It's a Dr. Suess Halloween!
The boys had a party at daycare on Monday. It started with a parade.
Nolan slept during his classroom party.
Easton got to eat cupcakes...
Spencer's class..
In their glow in the dark shirts from Grandma Julie.
I forgot to get a picture of the boys with their pumpkins until we got back so sadly this is the best I could get!
The aftermath of a cute costume!
Just like every other kid we had to sort all the candy when we got home!
We hope everyone had a great Halloween! We are already looking forward to next year!!




No comments:
Post a Comment