The pantry has become the new place to play. Notice the big blue ball. Also, both boys feel like they can just help themselves whenever for a snack. Anyone have any great suggestions on how to lock a pocket door?
It was a busy week of projects around our house. Grandpa came up to hang stuff on our walls. We had people working in our back yard on the patio, irrigation, and putting in our sod. We also had people coming in to fix things in our house. It's gotten to the point where I'm up and dressed at 7:30 am because I have no idea anymore who will be knocking at our door at 8:00 am to do something. I even made the comment to Ryan I would probably at this point let a murder in the house thinking they were there to fix something.
We can't wait to be able to play on the new grass!
Easton ran a temp at daycare on Tuesday. That meant he got to spend the day with Nolan and I on Wednesday. It was fun to have just the two little boys at home. I think it's teeth or growing that must be bothering him because he's also been a sleeping machine these past couple of weeks. He goes down around 7:00 pm and is up at 9:30 am. He's also been taking about a 3 hour nap in the afternoon.
Easton will hide when he's getting into something he shouldn't be. So if you ever find him in a corner or behind something you better check him out to see what he has.
This week Grandma watched Nolan while I had my 6 week check up at the clinic. The first thing I wanted to know was how much weight I had gained while I was pregnant. I was waiting for her to say around 15....nope I only gained a total of 6 pounds! I've lost 10 since having him. So why do I feel like I still have 20 more to go?!?! We talked about our future and if we plan on having more kids. I told him currently the plan is we are done. I'm not ready to do anything major about it just yet. I also told him I'm not sure if I'm just WAY over tired or if I've had a bit of the baby blues this time. It seems my emotions have been all over the board. We talked a little bit about that and decided to just see how things go. We've had a lot of BIG changes in the last 6 weeks. I need time now to just sit back and adjust. I'm hoping now that things are more settled in the house that I can just enjoy my last 6 weeks home with Nolan. We need to spend so much needed time cuddling and napping together!
As mentioned before Easton wants to do everything Spencer does. That includes sitting on the potty. He's been talking about it way more this week. And will pull to take his shorts and diaper off. He will sit on there forever! I still don't know what this means for potty training but I'm just going with it at this point and not trying to discourage or encourage him.
Nolan is trying to decide if this was a good idea or not!
We started out by playing outside with the neighbors. It's fun to watch Spencer and Finley make up games to play. They were pretending to go golfing also just like their dads.
We had lunch and I actually got Finley to eat something else besides a pancake or french toast.
I allowed Easton to play with play-doh while I made lunch. I went down to get the boys and I came back to find his mouth all red and red marks all over his shirt. I also found a nice wet clump of play-doh sticking up in his hair. Hmmm I wonder what he had been up to?
The boys spent a lot of time playing in the basement together. I tired to keep the mess limited to one area. They had so much fun playing with trains, cars, books and puzzles.
Baby toys can still be fun. It's also an easy way to trap them!
They did get into a little trouble together. While I was putting Easton down I came downstairs to find them eating toothpaste out of the tube. Or while I went to the bathroom some how poor Nolan ended up on the floor face down. Finally while I was putting some laundry away I found them empting out Spencer's drawers.
I did send this video to Auntie and Grandma asking who would be the first to buy me a drink. The noise level wasn't always this loud!
Finally, the day ended with some quiet time watching a movie on the couch. It was weird watching all three just sit for more than two mintues. I think all of the boys were tired and ready for naps when the dad's finished golfing. We were glad that Finley could spend the day with us and he's welcome back anytime!
Sunday was Nolan's special day. We had him baptized. He's very lucky to have four godparents. Auntie, Uncle Patrick, Uncle JB and Aunt Renee. He did great during the service and never made a peep. Just like with the other boys, Nolan wore the gown that I wore when I was baptized. It's around 118 years old. We think this might be the last generation to wear it as the sleeve is ripping on one arm. Thank you to all of our friends and family who celebrated the day with us!
Spencer is still very much in love with his Hadley!
Watch out David (her Dancing with the Stars partner), Grandma has a new dancing partner!
At Grandma and Grandpa's water safety is VERY important with them living on the lake. Luckily, the boys have never thrown a fit about wearing their life jackets. Easton however is taking water safety to a whole new level! He just wants to make sure he is ready to go in case anyone would want to take him outside down by the water!
He plays in his jacket.
Not only is he practicing water safety but also car safety and testing out Nolan's car seat.
He eats with his jacket on.
and finally he even sleeps with his jacket on! He took a 3 hour nap with that thing on!



































No comments:
Post a Comment