Rainy Sunday mornings mean.....
We dress up like firemen and play Toy Story...
We also get to play with play-doh.....
I'll start with Nolan. He turned 2 months this week and had his check up. He's kind of our shrimp! He was 22 1/2 inches tall 25% (he's our shortest so far) 12.13 pounds just about the 50%, and his head was in the 75%. She thought overall he looked great and seems to be right on track. He's tracking with his eyes, holding his head up, smiling and starting to coo more. The two things I brought up to her was the fact that he favors tilting his head to the right side. If you look back at all of his pictures you will see what I mean. We talked about stretching his neck and repositioning him. I have to watch to see if he develops a flat spot. So far no signs of that. The other thing is his lack of sleeping at night and that he seems to vomit up his bottle after he eats. He doesn't cry out in pain but 8 times out of 10 I usually end up wearing what he just ate. Or when we lay him down at night and go back in to pick him up his bed will be soaked. She suggested we elevate his bed a little and put a small amount of cereal in his night time bottle to help hold the milk in his stomach. Our first night was a success no throwing up and he slept from 10:00 pm-5:00am! Overall he is a pretty content baby. He's starting a routine during the day where he eats, sleeps and then plays for awhile. He still spends majority of the day sleeping. His favorite place to sleep is in the swing! He no longer wears new born clothes and is in size 2 diapers.
Nolan has a birth mark on his left foot.
(Ignore me talking!)
The doctor also recommended that him and I just take it easy these last few weeks. She said now that the move is over we need to just cuddle and spend time giving him lots of hugs and kisses. I took full advantage of that this week and even took my first real nap with him!
Nolan supervised from his bumbo (his first time in it) to make sure I didn't get rid of anything cute!
Out with the old and summer stuff and in with the "new to him" fall and winter stuff.
We are going to have the best baby thrift sale!
The boys and I did some baking this week. First we made muffins and then Spencer wanted to go for a walk and deliever them to all of our friends and neighbors but we only made it to Kyle and Kristen's house. We also made cookies but I will admit I'm not a cookie maker. They just never seem to turn out!
I think the only reason they like to bake with me is because I let them lick the bowl at the end.
I caught them at one point flirting with 2 girls in the boat.
Spencer and I had a date on Friday. I took him to see the Lion King. First we went to the 4:30 pm showing. It was only in 2D because I didn't think it would really matter to him. About 30 minutes into the movie the screen went out. We were offered tickets to the 3D showing later that night so we accepted. He had a hard time sitting through this movie. Understandable though he had already seen 1/2 of it an hour before and it was getting close to his bed time. Towards the end the movie he told me he wanted to leave and go to the doctor because his ear hurt. To top it off he felt warm. So I brought him to the clinic on Saturday and sure enough, a double ear infection!
Spencer surprised me and is doing great taking him medicine. I had her flavor it cherry so that might have helped. It's nice now that we don't have to pin him down to give it to him!
So life with 3 brings on a whole new set of challenges. Let me show you just a glimpse of what life is like....
I refuse to buy a 3 person stroller. So this forces Spencer and Easton to share a seat. If I have help we take 2 strollers. I feel though with me going back to work and being home with the boys more during the week I need to learn to get out and about with all of them. I won't have kid free time like I do now during the week to run my errands.
Our first attempt went ok. I will say by the time we got to the toys Easton was kneeling trying to climb into Nolan's car seat and Spencer was standing.
I am also that mom in the store with the big cart trying to control it down the aisle. Those things are hard to steer. We always have to make a trip down the toy aisle at Target so Spencer can push all the display buttons to make the toys move. I did over hear one mom say to her son that was crying in the cart "Do you see all 3 of those boys.... none of them are crying!" I felt proud at the moment but what I wanted to say was they normally aren't this good! Instead I just went with it and smiled.
Bath time has gotten more interesting. Spencer has started to want to shower. Every morning he runs into our room when he gets up and tells us he's stinky and that he needs to shower. I had the boys to myself Saturday night so this is how bathtime went. I had one in the shower, one in the big tub and one in the infant tub. It's a good thing we have a bigger bathroom now. This would have never worked at our old house!
I tried to get a picture so you could see all 3.
Easton also tried out the shower.
We can finally go on our grass. The boys were so excited to be able to go out and play on the swing set. We need to take advantage because soon it will be too cold to go outside!









No comments:
Post a Comment