Sunday, September 25, 2011

Hockey Mom!

It has officially happened..... we've become a hockey family and I've become a hockey mom! Last weekend Spencer started skating lessons. It only goes four weeks for an hour on Sunday's. They started out by learning how to just get up off the ice and stand up straight. Watching and listening to all of the parents talk while getting their kids ready in the lockeroom I'm not sure I'm ready for this.  A few of them were over the top so it's probably a good thing Ryan will be in the lockeroom with him most of the time. Spencer did great though and had a lot of fun. He only lasted about 45 minutes but came off the ice asking when he would get to do it again. It's a lot of work falling and getting back up! I knew I had officially crossed over when I found myself in a sports store buying hockey equipment and getting his skates sharpened!

Spencer's first hockey bag!

Easton would have given anything to go out on the ice.

First time on the ice!





We had a quiet week but a very busy weekend. Only two more weeks left of my maternity leave. I fully plan to take advantage of just spending time holding Nolan and giving him lots of hugs and kisses!

Every little boy needs a pair of cowboy boots!

We love dressing for fall!

Our busy weekend started with a play date at the sports center. We met up with Auntie and a few other friends. It's nice to have a big area for the kids to run around and you don't really have to worry about them too much. On Friday they also get out the big parachute and play games. The boys had a blast!

These costumes gross me out but he really wanted to be Elmo!

The boys went to Auntie's while I ran a quick errand. They are always getting into some sort of trouble together!

Friday evening Grandma Nancy came up to watch the boys. It was her first time watching all three! She said it was busy but the boys were good. Nolan showed her his fussy side but all three were sound asleep when we got home. Thanks Grandma Nancy for coming up to watch them. I know they had fun spending time with you!

While the boys kept Grandma Nancy busy, we were off to watch Grandma Debbie dance. Seven weeks ago Grandma agreed to be one of the dancers for Dancing With The Stars. Her dancing partner David is also a friend of the family. They danced to two songs to help raise money for the local Children's Theatre. They may not have won a mirror ball trophie, but we personnally think she did awesome and are very proud of her!


Grandma is also on the board for Bob's House, a local dog shelter in Eau Claire. We went out to visit a charity run they were putting on called Brusin' for Bob. It's an obstacle mud run. I think it was our boys though that had more fun playing in the dirt! Have I mentioned yet how much I HATE dirt. Even Easton was having so much fun he skipped his afternoon nap.


The boys sat and watched this truck for a good 5 minutes. They wanted to play with is SO bad! Finally Ryan told Spencer to pick it up and give it back to the family that owned it. You should have seen how fast Spencer moved once he got approval to touch it!

Yes I am trying to clean the dirt off of Spencer's new shoes. I seriously hate dirt!

After playing in all of the dirt it was time for a bath. Nolan got to join Easton for the first time and take a bath with one of his brothers. I couldn't turn my head for too long because Easton kept trying to dump water over him!


We celebrated Patrick's birthday with dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's. Grandma is always thinking ahead and bought dog costumes for the boys to wear next year in the Memorial day parade to help support Bob's House. Spencer was excited to try his on!


I will leave you with this video! I'm sure after watching it EVERYONE is going to want to ride with us!

No comments: