Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Retirement!

Last weekend I was in Milwaukee for my friend Renee's bachelorette weekend. We had a great night boating, eating dinner down town and exploring the city. Thanks to Missy's family who hosted us. 





While I was away the boys did some bonding over Culver's ice cream…..

and baseball. 





I also heard there was a grill out and fire with some s'mores. That sounds like a perfect summer evening to me.

For Spencer's birthday Sam's family said they would take him to a Twins' game. Spencer was so excited to go. That night they even got to run the bases. Thanks for the great birthday gift! Not sure how we are going to top that one next year for Sam's birthday.

Mornings around here can be interesting. They sleep in wild positions.

They have wild and crazy hair!


The start of the week was still chilly but warm enough to get outside some. 


All three boys wanted to play baseball with me. They kept all wanting to throw at the same time. Finally we got our system down. They love playing catch.

One of the neighbor boys is really into magic. So our kids are also now. Spencer got out his magic kit that he got a few years ago and has been working on some tricks.

The kids have a lot of toys but seriously will walk around our house like they have nothing to do. I would say about 90% of our toys are in the basement but no one will go down there unless a grown up goes with them. So I've been periodically bringing up different toys in the morning to keep them busy.

Spencer showed Ryan his new trick when he was picking him up from School one day. 


I love nights like this when the boys just crash after bath time. 


It was probably only 60 degrees out this night but that didn't stop them from wanting to run through the sprinkler. Only WI kids would be this crazy!

We enjoyed a nice morning this week. I brought Easton's bike to a trail around a lake and we went for a long ride/run/walk. Have I mentioned yet how much I love having warmer temps?

I felt a little strange feeding them lunch at Sam's after we had an active morning. We had a lot of errands to run that day though so it just worked.

We finished off our evening with dinner at "Red Park" as our kids like to call it. 

It makes me happy when our kids don't need me to stand and push them on the swing for hours and they finally learned to pump.

With summer days/evenings comes nightly baths.

Easton is always so proud of the things he builds. 

I joined the ladies out one night and attended my first real bingo night. It's crazy how much money you can win and how competitive and serious people can be.

This past week was one of mixed emotions for me. I had my last day of work on Friday. I'm officially retired for now. I know I joke about being retired but I do have plans for the future to go back. I'm always thinking about going to back to school while I'm off. I just haven't made any set decisions yet. I'm sad to say goodbye to the friends I've made while working there. I'm also sad I won't be working with some great MDs. It was a great job and one that I will miss for sure. I just have to remind myself that it may only be for a little bit and I will just be so happy that I will have a little more time with the boys before I blink and they're grown up.

We went out to dinner Friday night. Ryan ordered a fancy drink!

I had my retirement party on Saturday. Ryan did a great job with the planning. Thanks to our family and friends who came to help celebrate. Even Grandma Nancy surprised me with a visit. The kids had fun playing in the bounce house.









Sometimes I'm not always aware of what my kids are up to. This is prof. I sure hope he ate something more then watermelon and cheese puffs. 




This is what happens when your Auntie is trying to win you over. She lets you eat as much cake as you want!




The aftermath of a great party. 

Finley has been wanting to sleep over for a long time.  It's hard finding the time when we aren't busy or have school the next day. Saturday was the perfect chance since they were up here. First he crashed with Easton on our bed.  

Then moved to Spencer's room for their first real slumber party! 

 They asked right away to do art projects.  

Grandma Nancy brought them donuts… 

Sunday we headed to Grandma and Grandpa's to spend a little time for memorial day. The weather was perfect this weekend.


Grandpa was helping Easton get his fishing pole ready for the summer

Easton loves to fish. He would sit on the dock all night if we'd let him!


This only one of the many reason why I hate fishing! It then took him no time to tangle his line!

But the boys love it! 


Monday the boys were in the Memorial Day parade. We helped show support for Bob's House.




It was getting hot while we waited… They look like little drunken dogs. 

Playing more at Grandma and Grandpas. 

Allergies SUCK! Poor Spencer can't catch a break these last couple of weeks. His eyes are so puffy they are almost swollen shut. He wants to sleep all the time and his eyes itch/burn. We took him in and are hoping the new drops help. I think we will be going back to the clinic this week if things don't get better!


Ryan took the boys to the store last weekend and Spencer ended up falling asleep on a bench in the store. Ryan noticed him as customers walked in and had to get him back to the office.

Where he continued to sleep for about an hour!


No comments: