So I apologize that I've been slacking in my posts. It seems our weekends are already filling up fast. I'm thinking about maybe posting every other week.
Last time I told you about how bad Spencer's allergies have been. I decided to bring him in to see his doctor. I wasn't sure if they could prescribe something stronger or if we should see an allergist. He told me Spencer was pretty inflamed inside his nose, ears and throat. He added a nasal spray and told me to stick with the Zyrtec. He didn't think we needed to see an allergist yet, but wanted to draw blood to do some testing for allergies from that. You should have seen all the sympathetic faces I got as we walked to the lobby after having his blood drawn. Everyone must have heard him screaming!
Spencer has been eyeing up these umbrellas at the clinic for almost a year now. They were on clearance and for allowing them to draw his blood I finally gave in and allowed them to each pick out an umbrella.
The boys have all still been in school the last few weeks even though I've been done with work. I've had a to do list with a 1,000 things on it that I would like to accomplish before they are home for good with me. One included the basement with all of their toys. It's time to get rid of the baby toys.
I put together their trampoline…
We got out Nolan's new birthday present. The boys like the new water slide because there is a pool at the bottom and you can climb up it from both sides. Spencer misses our old one though because that one was taller.
Summers are the best. Right now they think they are cute doing cheers with their yogurts.
The boys and I had happy hour and dinner at the new club house at Wild Ridge. It's beautiful inside.
I didn't ask them to hold hands I just wanted to take their picture...
Easton went around with my phone and took his own pictures...
While we were at Wild Ridge, Ryan went to the LA Kings vs Chicago Blackhawks play off game.
With school almost over my family decided to take turns having lunch with Spencer. First grandma came up. She was brave enough to even eat the school lunch with Spencer.
Next Grandpa brought Spencer a happy meal.
Finally it was Finley and Auntie's turn. Each day I would tell Spencer not to take a lunch that he had a surprise guest coming and he would have to wait and see who it was. Thank you everyone for coming up to spoil him!
Spencer had fun showing Finley all he can do on the playground.
I was excited to have some alone time with Hadley. Hadley is always wanting to hold my hand or sit on my lap. She was so excited to come visit me. But as soon as Heather and Finley left she got real quiet and wouldn't look at me. When I would talk to her she started to pout. I did get to paint her nails eventually and then I said the magic word to make her light up! I asked her if she wanted to go to Culver's for lunch!
She was all smiles after that!
My work outs have been slacking. I'm trying to find ways that I can include the boys while I get my work out in. I've now tried pushing them in the jogger and pulling them on the bike. I seriously could only make it about a mile on the bike. I think I will stick to jogging with them!
Easton had a rough drop off with Ryan this week. It's always hard when they cry and pull on your leg when you are leaving them at school. So Ryan decided to have a date night with just Easton. Easton doesn't get a lot of one on one time with Ryan but they had a blast. Ryan got to truly see how Easton is such a different kid when he is alone. They played tic tac toe and he was trilled he got root beer!
With the store opening and different things going on sometimes the boys have to go with to help Ryan work. They went with him to hand out skate sharpening coupons at the rink. They really liked being on one of the rinks when the ice is out for the summer!
I had to drop them off for a bit and they had a picnic dinner on the floor in the skate sharpening room. I'm sure as they get older they will have lots of memories of hanging out at dad's store.
Ryan heard Easton crying for help. Before he rescued him he snapped a picture.
I traveled to Platteville for Renee's wedding shower. Renee and Davy are getting married this July. Easton is excited because he gets to be in the wedding. We are looking forward to celebrating their big day with them.
Our neighbor Nic is trying to sell his boat. Until he does we will take advantage of going out on it when he offers. Spencer and I went the other night with a few of the neighbors. It was easier just having Spencer with me. Spencer asked me if I liked Nics boat better then Grandpa's pontoon. I tried to explain how Nics boat is a speed boat that has a bathroom on board but Grandpa's boat is fun because we all get to hang out on it together.
We celebrated Finley's birthday early. It was a zoo themed party at the indoor water park. What more could a 6 year old ask for!
I made the mistake and allowed Nolan to hold his treat bag going home. He ate all the candy!
I can hardly believe Hadley is 3! I love that I have a niece to spoil. She is such a fun, smart and cute as can be little girl.
With one of the baseball leagues in town no longer running we weren't left with very many options for the boys. Easton wasn't old enough yet and Spencer could only do t-ball again. So we created our own little league. We recruited friends and neighbors to join us and Ryan along with our neighbor Chris are the coaches. We rented a field in downtown and get together one night a week to play.
I was luck enough this year to go on a lot of field trips with Spencer. The last field trip we walked to a park near by for lunch. This year hasn't been the greatest. Spencer had an awful teacher who quit with a month left of school. We are hoping the next year will be great and thankful Easton and Nolan won't have to go through a year like that.
Spencer's class with their long term sub. She's been great and I give her so much credit for stepping in and taking over the last month.
A dad brought their new little puppy to the park.
I got to see a few of my co-workers for a happy hour on Friday. I miss seeing everyone a few times a week. That's about the only thing I miss about work right now.
Ryan took Spencer to Green Bay for their training camp weekend. They stopped at their favorite gas station to stretch their legs and play catch.
Spencer was dressed and ready to go….
Spencer caught a ball and got a high five from one of the real Packer players!
Spencer "talked" Ryan into doing the stadium tour. I'm sure he had to beg!
This is the tunnel where the players run out onto the field
Spencer doing his best Lambeau Leap!
They ate at Curly's Pub…. and played a lot of Thumb Wrestling
They also did a little shopping...
My favorite picture from the weekend.
The boys and I took on the hike to the falls this weekend. Walking in was great. On the way out Easton had a blister from his Keens and refused to walk. I had him do a little walking barefoot but the trail has little rocks and sticks that I was lucky enough to carry him most of the way. The boys had fun though.
The water is moving pretty quick right now from all of the rain we've had. Spencer asked if we could go back soon when the water is calmer so they can walk around more in the falls.




































No comments:
Post a Comment