Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy Halloween!

The one thing I could care less doing is carving pumpkins. Spencer saw one of the neighbor boys carving his and begged for us to carve ours. Ryan was gone that night so I gave in and said just 1 pumpkin. They were all super excited.


Easton took his turn at digging out the guts.

He decided the rest of the time he would just watch Spencer. He didn't care for the guts.

Nolan didn't even want to try digging out the guts. He thought it was gross from the start.


He got super mad when Spencer flicked 1 seed his way.

He wanted a towel over this lap.

He realized though that this was the towel I used to clean up some of the seeds and started freaking out more.

So this was pretty much how things went. Spencer did the work, Easton just watched and Nolan just screamed the whole time. Boy I can't wait to carve pumpkins next year!

The finished product.

So why was I doing this alone? Ryan was at the Packer vs Viking game.

My mom was in the cities shopping and stopped to have dinner with me on her way home. We texted the boys this picture.

So they sent us this one back....

Grandma also sent them a Halloween gift in the mail. Target GiftCards for them to spend!

It was theme week at school. One day was dress wild and crazy. All the boys in Nolan's room got pony tails that day.

Spencer is working on writing words and letters. He's doing great and we are enjoying watching him learn. You can now give him easy three letter words like bat, dad, mom and he will sound them out and spell them correctly.

Spencer's school doesn't allow you to bring costumes to school. It's up to each room to have some type of fall party. I was lucky to have the day off and could volunteer in Spencer's class. They had a Miss Spider's Tea Party. These are the t-shirts they made.

Spencer was excited for me to come to his class to help.




Nolan spilt his cereal on the floor one morning. I asked Easton if he would help him pick it up and this is what I found.


Poor Easton! He woke up under the weather on Halloween. He's got that seal sounding cough and a low grade fever. Thankfully I was prepared and he got to spend his Halloween in cute pjs! He didn't get to go trick or treating this year. Instead he went home with Grandma so he could spend the next day with her also instead of going to school.

Halloween night we headed out with the neighbors. I was still feeling bad Easton couldn't be with us.


This is Pierce. He wore Spencer's first costume.



The best part of trick or treating is checking out all of their treats.


I was lucky enough to sneak away for a girls weekend with about 10 other girls. We rented this cabin about 2.5 hours away. It's a great location and would make for a great place to go to in the summer. They are right on a lake with their own private beach.

I guess brown boots are in this year.

All but 2 of us out doing some shopping.

The 3 of us bought new knit hats. 

Easton got to spend some time at Auntie's. She sent me these pictures of them goofing around.

I also heard Easton locked himself in the bathroom. 

Auntie took him to her class room for some dinner and playing while she got work done.

Later that weekend Finley came down with the flu. Easton still isn't 100% from his cough so we're all keeping our fingers crossed he doesn't end up with the flu!

Ryan enjoyed just having Spencer and Nolan for a night. He took them for pizza...


and ice cream!

It appears they also went shopping at Target. Only a dad could be talked into this impulse buy! Left over Halloween costumes are great for dress up.


Spencer's been collecting beer bottle caps from Ryan and a few of the other neighbors for awhile now....

So finally Ryan made a beer bottle cap neckless with him. Spencer has only been waiting a year for this, you can tell he was a little excited! Oh the things they do when mom's away.

They finished their night off with popcorn and a movie.


Apparently they also taught Nolan to drink the milk from his cereal bowl. This grosses me out!

Easton still isn't feeling the best and just wants me to hold him since I've been back. I'm hoping he starts to feel better tomorrow and thankful I have the day off.

I love this picture of the 2 boys! They feel asleep while I was reading to them one night on Spencer's bed.

No comments: