Nolan has a new best friend. He likes to call him "My Piggy!" Its actually a game but the belt broke on the pig so now he just carries him around and even takes him to bed with him. Actually, Nolan takes a lot of strange toys to bed at night. Spencer did this too, and Easton still does every now and then. Whatever works....
Once a month the moms in my neighborhood all get together for dinner. This night it happened to be all the moms who just had boys that could make it out. We actually only have 6 girls out of 24 kids with 3 more boys moving in soon. Between the 5 of us that night we have 13 boys.
Easton found the perfect place to play one day while I worked on switching out seasonal clothes in the boys rooms. He kept himself busy playing in the bath tub for almost an hour.
Oh Easton, I love you but sometimes our battles drive me crazy! So for some situations I use the love and logic parenting style. You insists on wearing a t-shirt and shorts ALL the time! When we are in the house fine but when we need to go somewhere it's a hassle getting him to change. We had to walk down and pick Spencer up from the bus this day. Snow flakes were starting to fall and I made sure we went early. We weren't 1/2 way down the street and Easton was cold. He kept trying to walk next to me and put his hands in my pockets and I kept moving away (I know I'm a mean mom) by the time we got home he was cold and I reminded him that the next time I ask him to wear pants and a coat he should listen. So that night when we went to swimming he wore the coat into the car took it off and put it back on before walking into the Y. Yup that's our Easton...
We had friends over for lunch and to bake some cookies...
Grandpa John and Grandma Julie sent the boys a package full of things from their trip to Hawaii and Halloween goodies.
The boys played cards with Ryan in the basement...
Nolan's signature move....
I set off the smoke detector one day and ever since then the boys have been afraid of them.
In this picture Nolan is yelling at it to stop beeping
We are working on a reward system to go bowling based on what colors the boys are on at the end of the school day. They have to earn 10 check marks before we will go. They get a check for every time they are on blue or above. Easton has been doing great. This day he was on purple. His teacher said at his conference he's really trying to help friends in the classroom. Actually she told me a lot about how Easton is a leader in the class. He exceeds in the large motor skills but they are working more on his fine motor skills.
The boys and I made a Target run. Good thing I didn't need anything else or I wouldn't have room for Nolan.
I'm trying to get the boys to move away from the training tooth paste. The pony kind is their favorite. We've been sampling them all. So far the princesses are winning over Monsters, Turtles and Watermelon.
Easton told me he had to go get something in the basement. I think he was down there for a good 15 minutes before I went to check on him. He had snuck a package of glow sticks down there and was breaking them to make them light up. He knew he was busted and in trouble the moment he saw me. It goes to show you should always be concerned when Easton sneaks away.
We had our 2nd Annual Family Halloween party this weekend. We had roughly 27 kids with the average age of 5. The boys have been so excited about their friends coming and the games we were going to play. Thank you to all my friends, sister and especially my mom for helping make this party a big success! Everyone was willing to pitch in and help.
Halloween spooky snacks...
The best cupcakes...
We had different game stations set up with prizes for the kids to earn.
It was time for all the kids to start coming. They were all so excited to show off their Halloween costumes.
All the kids!
Game time...
Even a few of the adults dressed up.
Then it was time for lunch....
Best idea was to have all the kids eat in the garage. It made for an easy clean up.
The last game is everyone's favorite. The toilet paper mummy wrap.
Eventually the mummy wrap turns into one big toilet paper fight.
Somewhere under this pile is our neighbor Justin. Their son is in the orange and he wasn't to sure about his dad getting covered up.
Happy Halloween from the Packer family.















































No comments:
Post a Comment