Sunday, October 13, 2013

Apple Orchard and Pumpkin Patches!

Grandpa and Grandpa are back from their trip. They brought the boys t-shirts from New Zealand so the boys all wore them to school on Monday.

It's safe to say after this weekend I've had my fill of apple orchards and pumpkin patches.

I was so excited for Tuesday to come. I think I was even a tad more excited then Spencer. It was his first field trip and I got to tag a long as a chaperone. I looked forward to spending the day with Spencer and watching him interact with his teacher and friends.

We rode the school bus.

Nicco sat in our seat also. Three to a seat! It's a good thing they are little.

We took a hay ride to see the apples.



They tour guide taught the kids all about how apples grow.

It was time to pick.


This is Madden, he also lives on our street.




They showed us how they pick apples and put them in their magic bags and fill up crates for bagging and selling.


Spencer's class...

We headed back to the school for a picnic lunch in their classroom.



I wondered how Spencer would do when I said goodbye. I thought he would be excited to stay with his friends and ride the bus home. Nope he was tearful saying goodbye and asked me to stay longer. 

 After spending the day with all those kindergarteners, a few mom's and myself went for drink and lunch.




Grandma Nancy came to visit us this weekend! The boys were excited for her to come and stay at our house. She was waiting for Spencer when he got off the bus.

We went for a walk on the Pier...





The boys went Ninja Turtle hunting, yelling for them down the drains


and played a few video games before dinner.

The next day Grandma Nancy, Ryan and the boys took on the Mall Of America. They had lunch and rode on some rides and even played some games.


 This was as close as they wanted to get to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles






They played a game where you throw ping pong balls into floating plastic dishes that are moving all around. Nolan made two in the dishes, Spencer and Easton didn't make any. The big boys weren't happy!



Spencer will still throw a fit every time I go to work out. He cries and begs to go with or for me to stay home. He doesn't understand yet that I need these 30 minutes but some day when he is a dad he will understand. So I told him he could come a long if he rode his bike. He can finally make it the 3 mile loop that I will run around our house.

There have been some serious kid vs dad football games going on in our culdesac. Spencer wanted Ryan to kick him the ball one morning when they were waiting at the bus stop!

Nolan is still working on potty training. We haven't started training him yet, more just getting him warmed up to the idea.

Spencer and Easton both have color charts at school for behavior. I like that I have something quick to refer to so I know how their day was. We decided at home to give them a check mark for every day they are on green or above. If they earn 10 checks we will go bowling. Sadly, Spencer's got erased after he was on red one day so he is starting over. I'm not really sure why he was on red and his teacher was out sick that day and the rest of the week so I'm not sure I will ever know. So far Easton has 4 checks and Spencer has 3!


Sunday was a beautiful day. I had planned on taking the kids to the pumpkin patch and my sister had the same plans for her kids. We started our morning out with a wagon ride.

Finley wasn't interested in the wagon or getting his picture taken!

Great views!


They actually do like each other some of the time!

By true definition of a mamma's boy! Love my little Easton!

Hadley is by far my favorite little niece. I also think I'm her favorite Auntie!

The kids burned energy in the bounce houses.

Rode on the pretend tractor...





Played pumpkin basketball...


We vote this should be Grandma's new profile picture.

We walked through the spooky trail. Spencer kept saying "This isn't spooky! This isn't scary!" So I took pure joy when I jumped/yelled/grabbed him and scared him.











Auntie kept warning all the kids how scary this wooden tunnel was. She told them it makes lots of scary sounds...

The big boys weren't as scared...

But poor Nolan was terrified!




They had a petting zoo


Grandma and Hadley liked the little dachshund.


They had hay mounds to climb around...






The kids went fishing for wooden fish...




Nolan trying to reel in a big one....or he was fighting with Hadley over the pole.

We did a corn maze...


This is how Nolan feels about having his picture taken these days.

We did bounce horse races...




Shot corn and apples out of little launchers.





Spencer was the lucky one picked to load the next pumpkin in the pumpkin launch.



Everyone had to see how tall they were...




After the pumpkin patch I got a great idea of taking the boys to an apple orchard. The Packer game wasn't over yet and the day was too nice to go home, so off we went.



We walked around picking a few apples. Each boy got to pick 5.



We also sat and had a taste. I thought it would be cute to get a picture of the 3 boys eating apples. Nope not such a cute idea.... See not all of my pictures of the kids turn out!




They love these little cut outs for their heads.

We ran into our neighbors....

Here's your challenge. There are 3 boys in this picture that belong to me can you find them? This just about gave me a heart attack trying to keep track of them so that's when I decided it was time to go home for dinner and baths.

No comments: