The biggest news is about Zoey. I know I posted a few months back that she had a mass in her mouth but that it came back as just an infected cyst. Well, it turns out it really was a mass and she got misdiagnosed. She had been staying with my parents when they noticed her energy level change and that she wouldn't eat. My mom brought her in right away and they sent us to the U of M. We had a discussion about all the possibilities. They wanted to do a CT scan and a biopsy of the mass in her mouth. The doctor said first he wanted an x-ray of her lungs to make sure it hasn't spread. While we were waiting I said to my mom, if the x-ray comes back with spots there won't be anything we can do. I also said if he talks to us here everything is fine. If he brings us in one of the cubes it's not good. It wasn't but a moment later and we were walking into one of those cubes... we both knew. She had about 4 spots on her lungs. The doctor went over my options. We could do chemo and radiation to buy ourselves more time with her or take her home and enjoy these next few months and when we notice things take a major turn for the worse make the decision at that time to not make her suffer. How do you wake up one day and decide today is the day we say goodbye. That thought kills me and brings tears to my eyes just writing it. We've had great support from everyone during this awful time. Zoey is being spoiled to the max. On the days we work my mom comes up to get her to spend time with her. We spoiled her with a new bed and lots of treats. We've decided not to say a lot to Spencer or Easton yet. We will wait until the time gets closer. I don't want to scare them and I'm not sure how much they will really understand.
I don't even know where the last few weeks have gone. Time flys by in our house. So I'll just post pictures I took through out the last 2 weeks.
Every night Easton wants to sit in his chair in his room and read books.
Nolan is one of our better eaters.
We needed a tasty treat and I've been wanting to do root beer floats with the boys.
One of my good friends from work moved to Philly so we had a good by happy hour.
Spencer's newest thing is to sleep on the floor. We made a bed for him on the floor but when I went in to check on him two nights in a row he was all the way under his bed.
Gotta love little baby Nolan feet!
I can see them in about 10 years from now posing for this same picture when they are actually in high school. Spencer has made some great friends at school.
You know you have small towns around you when you can do Zumba in a bar on the dance floor while people are in the bar eating dinner and drinking. It was fun but a little tight on space.
Last weekend Auntie, Uncle Patrick and Ryan ran in the Bruisin' for Bob's House run. It was a 3 mile obstacle course run. I chose to watch from the side lines. All 3 looked like they had fun. Auntie of course kicked the boys butts. All 3 of them are already talking about next years race.
Our little Blondie!

I had this idea in my mind.... I would help the boys make an art project and while they played with it I would get some cleaning done. That's not really how it went. I did get some cleaning done but I then had to pull it out of Spencer's ears, wash it out of both of their outfits and then finally throw it away after their putty had so much Zoey hair and dirt in it from dropping on the ground over and over.
Waving at the starting line.
The results. I finished 8th in my age group!
The kids race!
Only problem there were about 5 mascots. Spencer has a fear of mascots and pretty much cried the whole way to the finish line. Poor kid may never want to run again. They each got a little medal for finishing and when Spencer crossed the line he said "lets get going!" He had enough of the mascots.
My racing partners after their big race!
As a reward for doing so well in the race Grandpa and Ryan took the two older boys to the Eau Claire college football game.











































No comments:
Post a Comment