I'm convinced that Easton went into surgery our baby/toddler and came out our big boy. He's potty trained and now sleeps in a big boy bed. Last weekend he learned that he could get out of the crib on his own. It's an older crib so I get nervous once they figure this out. I bought his bed and bedding awhile back knowing this day would come. On Monday while he was at school I transitioned his room from a baby room to a big boy room. He was so excited and actually couldn't wait to go to bed that night. So far he's done well staying in his bed. We knew he would probably do ok as he sleeps in a bed at Grandma's. I'm hoping once the excitement of a new bed wears off he will continue to go down easy.
A friend gave this crib to us when I was pregnant with Easton to use. We will be passing it on to our neighbors who are due with their 2nd in February.
Good bye crib and hello big boy bed!
He did not want Spencer on HIS big boy bed.
First night sleeping in his bed.
Spencer loves school. One day when I picked him up he was working on a project. His teacher told him he could take it home and finish it that night. He took this very serious and told us that night over and over that he needed to finish his homework. He's doing really well in his new classroom and we typically get good reports. We are often told that Spencer does really well in Spanish class. Maybe he will be translating for us when we go to Cancun next year.
Spencer had his first football practice outside. They ran drills and at the end everyone put on their flags to practice trying to get the other players flags. Easton still wonders when he will get to join in playing different sports or doing different activities. I feel bad that he is not old enough so him and I will start a music class together this week.
On our "stay home day" as we like to call them I took the boys to the Children's museum. This month is Curious George. The boys had a lot of fun exploring all the rooms. The hardest child to keep an eye on was Nolan. He wanted to be all over the place and climbing on everything. It's hard work keeping an eye on all of the boys at places like that especially when they all want to go in different directions. We had fun though and can't wait to go back more this winter now that we have a membership!
My little monkey was checking out this monkey.
This was a wind machine.
We went to a turtle talk.
Their favorite part is to play in the water area. They have little boats that race down.
We had a date night at Dancing With The Eau Claire Stars. Grandma danced in this last year and this year we went to cheer on our friend Suzie. It's always fun to watch the performers and I'm thankful I'm watching and not dancing. Suzie may not have won the mirror ball trophy but she did great taking home 2nd place.
Finley is playing soccer so while we were in town we went to his game. He's a great soccer player. He's always going after the ball and making goals. Now he just needs to remember which goal is his. I think he was a little distracted by us being there but the boys had fun.
Camping in the basement part 2. The first night they "camped" it was in the ball pit. This weekend though Ryan got out the real tent for them to sleep in. Spencer asked all summer to sleep outside in the tent. Not knowing how he would do Ryan tested it out in the basement. Both boys slept downstairs with him last night. He said at first Easton was wild and wouldn't lay down but over all they did great.
They were showing me their sleeping spots.
Hopefully next summer they will be outside!





















No comments:
Post a Comment