Sunday, January 8, 2012

We Survived Bronchitis!

I honestly wasn't sure with all that was going on this week if we would make it or not. I was starting to go into mommy melt down on Wednesday night.

On Monday we were at my parents house for the Rose Bowl game. The boys put on their Badger football uniforms to cheer them on. To bad it didn't work.


We celebrated Grandma's birthday. Every year we struggle with what to give her and we know how much Bob's House means to her so we bought stuff that she could donate.

Towards the end of the game Grandma started to not feel very well. She was having a lot of pain and felt like she was underwater. After asking her a few question it was off to the ER to get checked out. This would be when Heather and I learned we have a long family history of gall bladder issues. Grandma now needs to have hers out also.

Over the weekend both Easton and Nolan had colds/coughs. Pretty normal around our house this time of year and being in daycare. I took this picture at the beginning of the week.


By the end of the week though it looks more like this....

So now the older boys are taking one of these each day. I'm willing to try anything!

I got a call from daycare on Tuesday to let me know Easton was running a temp of 102 and needed to be picked up. I brought him in thinking for sure it would be his ears. Nope I was way off he had bronchitis. I was home with the boys on Wednesday and I thought Nolan seemed to be getting worse. While I was feeding him a bottle that night I read an email from his teacher saying RSV was confirmed in his room. I quickly called the clinic and within minutes we were on our way. Poor guy had an ear infection and bronchitis. I sat at Target waiting for the 2nd night in a row for our meds. Only this time the prescription was lost in cyber space and since the clinic was closed I couldn't wait all night to see if they would get it. So it was back the next morning. I'm happy to report though they both seem to be getting better! Have I mentioned lately I'm ready for spring!
Grandma took Nolan for us on Thursday night so he wouldn't have to go to daycare and have an extra day to recover. On Friday he got to spend time with Auntie, Hadly and Finley. Thanks for helping us out! It looks like he had a lot of fun!

We decided to take advantage of being one child less and took Easton to his first movie. Chipwreck! The boys liked it. I had to take Easton out of the theater once because he wanted to crawl all over the floor and was starting to get loud. Overall though the boys did a great job watching the movie. Easton keeps talking about the "moo-munks."

(You can see how happy he was to leave.)

Saturday Spencer had a friend over. We've had lots of play dates but usually it's with my friend's kids. This time it was a friend from school and his mom dropped him off to play for a few hours.


This week we also celebrated Uncle Jb's birthday. We had him over for dinner and cake.

A few other pictures from our week....

Look! Nolan is sitting all by himself! He's getting pretty good at sitting but I don't go to far away.

Spencer had a birthday party for a girl from school. It was the first time I dropped him off and actually left him there to play. This makes me feel like he is becoming such a big boy!

No comments: