Saturday, January 14, 2012

6 Months Old!

It's so hard to believe but Nolan is 6 months old already! The time with him is going WAY too fast!



 Each brother wanted a turn holding Nolan.....

 Easton needs a little work in the baby holding department. I love though how much Easton LOVES Nolan.

Monday I brought Nolan in for his 6 month check up!

I think it's true to say that Nolan is a mixture of both Easton and Spencer. Some days he looks just like Spencer and other days he looks like Easton. Nolan was 8 pounds 2 oz and 26 inches tall. Here are 3 pictures from an email I sent out this week.
(Spencer at 6 months. He was 20 pounds and 28 inches.)

(Easton at 6 months was 17 pounds and 27 inches.)

(Nolan at 6 months is 18 pounds and 26 inches.)

So here is what our 6 month old is up to.....
He sits on his own for short periods of time.
He loves to grab at things and puts everything in his mouth.
He loves to cuddle.
He's a very happy baby!
He goes to bed around 7:00 pm and gets up around 6:00 am. (This past week was kind of rough and he learned what it means to cry it out a little.) When he gets up at 6:00 am to eat he goes right back down sometimes until 9:00 am.
He takes roughly 2 long naps a day and sometimes a short nap before dinner.
He likes to play in the excersaucer and jumperoo.
He laughs at his brothers a lot and they enjoy making him laugh.
He found his toes.
Even though we've seen him roll a few times he doesn't care to do it very much and I'm happy with a baby that stays put.
He's now eating cereal with fruits or veggies for dinner.
He drinks 6 ounces of formula every 3 - 4 hours.
He takes zantac to help him with his spitting up and reflux.
He likes to sleep on his right side and be wrapped in 2 blankets tight.
He is the most happy when someone is talking to him.

The boys like to add color tablets to the bath water.

Since Easton is almost 2 I decided to save myself a trip to the clinic and bring him in also on Monday. Thankfully Grandma was there to help me. She entertained the kids that weren't in with the doctor in the lobby. They made a lot of friends waiting in the lobby. Easton is our little peanut. He is 28 pounds and 33 inches. He's always been on the smaller side. I will fill you in on all of his milestones when he turns 2.

Recently I started a calendar for Spencer so he can get a better understanding of what day it is and when he has different activities. Each day he gets to put a mark through the square. Then we count how many days until his next activity. He really likes seeing when he gets to do certain things. The star on the calendar is for sports class and then on Thursday's I take Easton and Spencer to music class.

So Monday night Spencer had his first sports class and they got to play basketball...






Here are some other random pictures from the week.....
 Uncle Matt brought up the boys stockings from Great Grandma Klaas.

 Spencer fell asleep playing hid and go seek with Ryan. Yes, he fell asleep wearing his football helmet.

 The weather at the start of the week was really nice. There aren't too many evenings in January when you can play hockey outside in the evening.

 The boys love to move the chairs in the kitchen around to make bridges.

This is where 2 monkeys belong! Don't worry Ryan put them there and I was standing on the side.

 Already watching hockey together. I love how you can see their 2 heads just sticking up over the couch.

We had dinner with Grandma and Grandpa and the boys were having fun trying to steal grandpa's fries.

Here's a video of the boys playing with their magna tiles. I love how Easton says his name.


 Our house can be so crazy at times. The boys can stress us out and sometimes make me just want to cry because I feel stressed and that there is never enough time in a day to get all the things I need or want to get done. Then there are moments like these that make up for all of those times. These photos weren't staged (ok I put Nolan in his bumbo) but the rest I caught the boys doing on their own. I love those 3 boys more then they will ever know!

Ryan and I are off to Green Bay on Sunday. Wish me luck as I'm sure it will take at least a week for me to warm up!


No comments: