We may have survived the longest and most stressful week with the store yet. All week big shipments of merchandise was coming in. It all needed to be checked in and put away and displayed. It was long nights for all of us including my mom who helped out a ton at the store. Thank you mom for all your support through all of this! The store was ready to go about 30 minutes before opening. Ryan and Sean did such a great job working 2 jobs and getting this all put together in such a short amount of time. It's been fun watching all of their hard work come together.
I was a tad worried when I left Thursday night if things would be ready for the next day at noon....
But like most big projects it all comes together in the end and the store looks great! Here are pictures from all over the store.
This is their baseball wall....
They are also selling lacrosse equipment. Most of that didn't come in until 10:30am on Friday! The store opened at noon. That was some quick unpacking.
More baseballl.....
They will be carrying a lot of different Hudson apparel throughout the year.
Over on the Hockey side...
Soccer wall.....
Can you believe some of those sticks are over $200.00! I hope my boys prefer the $30.00 sticks :)
Finally the shooting lane was finished. I was sort of getting nervous about this also. It's been a big hit with the customers coming in. It keeps the kids busy while their parents get their skates sharpened or shop around.
Easton loves seeing his name all over the store!
Ryan's dad had asked me awhile back when I thought the store would open. I took a guess based on what Ryan said and hoped for the best. The timing was perfect. He flew in Friday morning and got to the store around 11:00 am. That's probably the biggest secret/surprise I've kept in a long time! Ryan was shocked to see his dad and happy to have him there for opening day.
Here is a picture outside the store. On the far left is Sean, Ryan's partner in the store. In the middle is Matt, the store manager.
That's Kim with Sean, his wife. She's the only one who maybe understands what it's been like for me during this whole process. Kim and Sean have triplets that just turned 8 last week.
Thank you to all of our friends that sent flowers and/or treats to the store to help celebrate. It was truly appreciated. I think the best part about opening on Friday was the amount of friends and family that stopped in to see the store and show their support.
The first skate sharpening transaction. She's checking her phone for the emailed receipt to make sure it all was working.
Auntie, Finley and Hadley made the trip up to see the store. I love Finley's new shirt! I see two future hockey players!
This was waiting for me when I got home on Friday from my neighbor Amanda. She knows us so well!
After the store closed we went out to celebrate a successful day.
I was able to stop and have lunch with Spencer at school. I look forward to being able to do more of this next year when I'm staying home.
Wearing full baseball uniforms is an every day outfit.
I'm sure the parents of his friend were impressed by his outfit of choice for the birthday party.
It's been cold and rainy here for the last 2 days. To burn energy we headed to the trampoline park. We got these fun gripper socks that help you stick to the trampoline. The boys loved it and burned off lots of energy.
We were still stuck inside so we got out the new games the Easter bunny brought. Some are easier to play then others....
This game is called fibber! They didn't really get the concept of it yet but we had fun putting on the glasses.



















No comments:
Post a Comment