Sunday, April 13, 2014

A Little Bit Of Everything...

A year ago we all figured out that just about every guy on our street had a March birthday. We decided it would only be fitting to pick a night and go out to celebrate all of their birthdays. I asked Heather to join us since she also has a March birthday. It was a great night with some delicous  food. Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa for taking on all 5 littles for the night!











We ended up meeting up with more friends once we got back downtown in Hudson.

(Can you spot the photo bomber?)



Oh Easton you got a BAD hair cut! In fact I'm surprise you have any hair left! It's so short!

Our kids are addicted to frozen. I will agree it's a cute movie with some cute songs but I might start going crazy if I have to hear those songs one more time!

Easton is always saying how he is afraid of his room. He asked Spencer to tuck him in one night and they decided they wanted to try sharing a room together.

Its been warm enough out and I've been waiting for a day when I can tackle my van. In the winter I pick up the garbage and get the outside cleaned once in awhile but I knew there was more that needed to be done. This was below Spencer's seat when I tilted it back. UGH! Not proud.....

The boys have still been going to shop some with Ryan. He's been putting them to work already.

Last weekend we took the boys to see the baby animals at Govin's Farm. Spencer loves all animals. He is always asking for a new pet and so gentle with animals. He had a blast seeing, petting and holding them all.

Even Easton enjoyed holding the goat.




We finished the morning with a pony ride. Nolan was scared! 











For my birthday the boys surprised me with a pink tennis racket, new running shoes and a pull over. Ryan asked each of the boys what they should get me. I would say they know their mom well. My mom and dad also surprised me with a replacement ring. A few years ago I lost my thumb ring in Mexico. My mom got me a new one that looks just like the old one.

We headed to Mike and Suzie's for the Badger game/Cancun party. They had a Fiesta birthday cake for me!

This weekend we took the boys to the annual pancake feed at the fire station in Hudson. The boys love this. They like pancakes and they get to see inside fire trucks. It doesn't get better then that for these little boys.











 The moms got together to plan/prepare for the neighborhood Easter egg hunt.

The kids had a great time looking for eggs in the Canyon.



 This cracks me up. It looks like Easton sees an egg....

Nope maybe it's to the right...

Down below....

Maybe he went past it...

Trying to get a closer look....

YAY! He found it!







They played a game with their eggs after the hunt...








Little Gracie makes me laugh!

 The boys and I have been running errands for the store. We've made a few trips to Ikea..

I HATE putting together their furniture!


This week it was Spencer's turn to get his hair cut. I made sure to be clear when I said don't buzz cut it.

You would never know he's sound asleep under those hat and glasses.

Ryan got me my own jacket to help support the store.

We've had some really nice spring days. This means Spencer and I can get back outside and enjoy some exercise together.

We've also been enjoying a few play dates at the park on nice days.


Living on a cul de sac is perfect. There are so many kids and they all just play until it's time to go in at night.

Ugh.... I needed a hair cut really bad. I thought it would be a good time to get rid of the bad ends and add in some more layers. I like my hair but I really kind of miss my longer hair. I just keep telling myself it will grow out again, but still.....

Spencer had a rough day at school. The school has a general rule that you can't say "can't play."Well apparently Spencer told a friend at recess that they couldn't play with him. He also didn't do a very good job listening and following rules when they had a sub for his class. We had a LOOOONG talk with him at dinner that night about how he would be sad if someone told him he couldn't play. That night it happened. Easton told Spencer he couldn't play his game outside. Spencer walked away pouting. It was the perfect learning opportunity right there.


You don't realize how much your kids grow until you see it marked out! Look how much he changed in a year, he grew 6 inches! I wish some days he would just stop growing and stay little forever! Even some of the things he says he's just sounding so old. 

Easton had a big milestone these last few weeks. See if you can pick up on it in this video...



He's riding without training wheels! We are so proud of you Easton!

No comments: