Friday, February 7, 2014

More Birthday Fun!

Easton's birthday celebration continued throughout the week. He's so confused by it actually. Since we had the party for him with Ryan's side he knew he turned 4 but when we told him about his party with his friends he thought he was turning 5.

He opened presents from us......








This is actually Nolan dancing even though he looks like he's mid fall......

Spencer had Monday off from school for a teacher service day. It felt like -100 again so we were stuck inside. I pulled out the window markers to keep him busy.


He showed me he can make "100" using his hands and mouth.

Nolan showing a little attitude while playing in a box. He was mad Easton was in the box also.

I swear all of their toys come in so many pieces and with the worst directions. I'm a visual learner so I need to be able to see things. Sometimes their toys get the best of me!

But seeing them so excited when it's done kind of makes it all worth it!

You know you have little kids when the decorations in your living room are window marker drawings and a ninja turtle layer.

 I'm pretty sure anything below zero just feels cold. Either that or I'm just really getting used to negative degree weather. 

Anything above 10 feels like a heat wave. I decided to attmept an outside run when it hit 25 one day. It was hard running in the snow. I'm guessing it felt similar to running in sand. My legs were numb from the cold and burning from trying to push through.

I like having time alone with our boys. A chance to talk to them without the other ones needing something or taking my attention away. Spencer however gave me a reaction I wasn't expecting....he cried when I told him I was taking him out and said he wanted to eat with Easton and Nolan. After a little begging and negotiating we were off on our date.


Sadly this is the best picture I got from Easton's well check up. He's 37 pounds (59%) and is 3 feet 6 inches (83%.) He must have gone through a growth spurt it be in the 83% for his height!

So the reason why they are sitting on the floor. Easton checked out great doing all the things he should. Only 1 concern.... his feet! He's got funny toes. They tend to overlap and the Dr thought maybe his feet were slightly turned in so he's referring us to the Ortho guys at Childrens to get a second opinion. I swear our kids have the strangest things going on! So Tuesday the 4th we will be seeing someone at Childrens. He's not sure they will do anything yet for him but it's better to have them check it out now.

Friday we decided to have a few friends over for pizza with their kids. The kids all had a blast playing while we got to hang out and just talk in the kitchen. There may have been some dancing with the kids to 90s hip hop. It's nights like these that I feel both young and old.

This is Oliva, Easton's girlfriend and her brother Brady.



Little Ben is now 1 and had his first taste of peanut butter.

I just can't explain Bryan and Ryan's bromance. 

Saturday the boys were off to stay at Grandmas while I had my annual work party. These are just some of the people that I work with at my site.

They had dueling pianos for entertainment. I love that stuff..... Theres me on stage filling out a slip to try and get a co-worker up there.

By the end of the night I had one a grand prize. 8 hours of PDO! It typically takes me a month to earn 1 day of vacation since I work part time so this is big. I joked with everyone that in reality it wouldn't get used on a vacation but probably a sick child. Well, it got used right away on Monday afternoon home with a sick child! UGH!

It was finally time for Easton's friend Birthday party. He told us he wanted one at the Y and wanted it to be baseball themed. He even got to invite a few friends from school.

They got to play in the gym for an hour...




I love this little birthday boy!


It's his party and he will throw a tantrum if he wants to!







Even the adults enjoyed the bounce house.


It was time for lunch and cake....









The part he was looking forward to was opening presents. He told me with each gift how he was going to share them with his brothers.








I have no idea where Easton gets his sassiness from....

Easton had the best cake! I'm so glad I got 1 great picture of it because Spencer put the tip of his finger in the top of the cake right after this picture was taken....

and then after the party we were saving the rest for at home when Ryan set it on top of the car and forgot it was up there when he pulled out of the parking lot.

We finally got Spencer's hockey pictures back. He's looking so old!

Each week there is always some kind of selfie on our phone. Now he's getting creative with the colors!


No comments: