Sunday, April 7, 2013

Lets Catch Up! Longest Post EVER!


I hope when you see the amount of pictures on this post you will forgive me for why I haven't posted in a few weeks. Since the last time I posted we went on our trip to Cancun, had Easter, Ryan and I went to Milwaukee for a wedding and I turned another year older. That's a lot in two weeks! Hopefully our really busy weekends will be over for awhile. 

CANCUN

I thought I was packed and ready to go. I had all of the carry on bags ready to be loaded up the next morning. I kept them in the office so the boys couldn't dig through them before we left and be bored with the stuff in them before we even got on the plane.

All 11 of us and 10 suitcases made it the airport on time. It wasn't until we were unloading that I realized one of those back packs from the picture above was still sitting in the office. I was panicked trying to remember what was all in it. I knew most of it was entertainment stuff for Nolan on the plane. Since my parents plane left an hour after ours my dad said he would run back to our house to get it and hope that he made it back in time before we boarded. He made it with not a minute to spare. I made sure I used EVERYTHING in the backpack to make his trip back worth while. He thinks he got off easy because he didn't have check in and go through security with all of us. He's probably right.


Spencer and Finley flew with Grandma and Grandpa. The report we got was they were busy moving seats once in awhile but both were very well behaved on the plane.








Our flight was a tad bit different. Nolan was SO busy and didn't sleep. I had Nolan on my lap and Easton next to me. Both needed and wanted to be entertained. Thankfully Nolan didn't fuss, whine or cry during the flight. He did however at the beginning, you know when everyone is boarding and thinking, "oh this is going to be great." He just didn't want to sit still. So I was sweaty and worn out by the end of the flight.

The boys wanted to hit the "cat pool" as Spencer likes to call it right away. He forgets its called a kiddie pool!

This is not a good picture of Nolan but it shows how much his hair curls up in the humidity. I loved his curly hair again.

We were lucky to have friends that were there also. We had our first poolside happy hour. It's nice that most of the kids keep themselves busy in the pool swimming while we can enjoy some chips and salsa from the side.

We had majority of our dinners in the hotel room. It's a lot of work to take all 5 littles out to dinner and usually after a day of fun in the sun we are all to worn out and in bed by 8:30 pm.

We started a tradition of nightly ice cream and dance parties after dinner. The top rated song that the kids loved the most was Gangnam Style.



Most of our days were spent going from the pool to the beach. Ryan or I would have to stay at the pool with Nolan because he was scared of the ocean and sand. He would cry the moment he thought we were even headed in that direction.


Spencer was diving in and out of the waves by the end of the vacation.


 These birds would fly above looking for fish then dive bomb all the way under water to catch the fish.

Easton insisted I lift him over the big waves. Talk about an arm work out.




Easton and his goggles. He never took them off! He had permanent rings around his eyes from them by the end of the day. He liked these diving goggles and the regular little goggles.


Both of the older boys loved swimming in the big pool and lap pool. Since they are both good about wearing their life jackets they were able to swim on their own without help from us.





What I loved about the vacation was the easy bed times. The boys were worn out by the end of the night.


The weather wasn't the best while we were gone. We had some cold and windy days along with some rain.

The boys still wanted to play by the pool and swim so we were forced to sit with our suits on along with jackets and sweatshirts.

We killed time with t-shirt painting.....


Easton's response here when asked to look up "I'm too busy!"


The kids had a pinata party.....





They had their faces painted...













They ran to show their favorite lifeguard Mario their faces.

Mario is the lifeguard that saved Grandma from a nasty wave in January. They have been sea shell friends ever since. Mario finds really neat shells and keeps them for the boys. He even found one for them to dig out. The boys LOVED him.



 There were very few naps from the big boys while we were gone but sometimes they just couldn't fight how worn out they were.

As if swimming in the pool for 8 hours a day wasn't enough they each took their time swimming in the tub every day.

Grandpa playing/sharing snacks with Easton and Hadley.....

The painted pottery with Ryan.....

Went on the tennis courts.....

And explored the resort.....
 Played ping pong......

They have a kids playground....

More pictures from the week.....






Ryan promised Spencer he would make a sand alligator...


Cary and Gavin made a turtle.





The kids had fun beach games. Here they are playing soccer....







We had our lunch most days by the pool....




Our kids are very good about letting us put sunscreen on them.

One of Nolan's favorite things to do was throw stuff away.

They had a kids water balloon fight one day...





And tug of war...







Grandma and Grandpa kept the two littles back at the hotel with them while we took the older boys out for dinner.

The boys were tired but excited to ride the bus.....



We took them Margaritaville...

 Must be vacation, they got chocolate shakes before dinner!





More dance party fun.

This was Nolan's signature move....





This was Spencer trying to do the Gangam style dance.

Hadley liked being the DJ and did not want help.



I think Ryan is trying to hide from all the crazy..... That's the only explanation for why he was hiding that I could come up with.




We did venture out to dinner with all the kids a few times.





Easton and Maddie. Or Maddie Moo as he likes to call her.


Getting a good picture with boys these days is almost impossible!





Another attempt....




I think Iron man convinced Spencer to get over his costume fear. It was totally worth the tip to get the picture. Spencer has a MAJOR fear of all costumes. If one is even in the same arena he's making a b-line for the exit or in constant panic mode. For whatever reason (he will tell you it's because he turned 5 and is now more brave) it doesn't matter. He is over his fear of most costumes and loves going up to them to give them a high five.

Personally if you were ever going to be afraid this is the one that scared me. I never knew there was an ice cream costume.

The boys thought it was funny they didn't have to sit in car seats in Mexico.



Almost every night Nolan brought something to bed. A pool paddle, a red ball and tooth brushes. Either way he slept the best and went down so easy while we were gone.

The group on the last day.

We ventured over to the other pool a few times.....



Poor Nolan. Both his brothers kicked him out of their tubs (there were 2) so I gave him a bath in the sink.

It's always been a mystery how the boys fall asleep in the most random places. Mostly on the floor. Right before we left for our trip I found Ryan sleeping in Easton's room when he was supposed to be tucking Easton in for the night. Mystery solved, I know where they get it from now!

This one I just don't understand how he fell asleep in the kitchen on the cold tile floor. Ryan gave Easton milk, then carried Spencer from the living room into the bed room. When Ryan came back out, this is how he found Easton.


 The shirt I almost bought....

More fun in the sun....

Guess who finally got over their fear of the beach. It only took until Thursday. He screamed going down but then I put him in the sand and it didn't take long before he realized how much fun it could be.

















The view from our corner spot by the pool. Ryan would get up and be down to reserve our spot most mornings before 6:00 am. It's his only quiet time of the day!

The boys did a treasure hunt....




 Spencer is walking with the teacher leading his team across the bridge.






 Spencer wanted a little peace and quiet too.


 I've got 1 month until my 1/2 marathon. My goal was to run 10 miles in one run while we were on vacation and I completed that goal. Still not feeling ready for the race.



Cousin love...





Super Hero's on the beach? There goes Spencer to give that high five!


More games on the beach....







Happy Hour at the swim up bar.


The drink of choice that week was gatorade.






 This sums up the crazy fun we had on our vacation.




 Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great a trip! We are so lucky! The boys truly love spending time in Mexico and have been shedding tears on and off because they miss not being there.

Our flight home....



I was willing to let Nolan do anything to keep him busy. Even if it meant he put 20+ stickers in my hair.

The captains let the boys come up front to check out the plane.




EASTER

Easter was the day after we got home. I had to make sure I had everything ready before we left. I had the plastic eggs stuffed and their baskets ready to be put out.

Their new aprons.

We dyed eggs the night we got home. Talk about feeling rushed!


Nolan could hardly keep his eyes open for it.





The next morning the boys were excited to see their eggs had been hidden. They went on a hunt around the house to find them all.



 We all know Easton likes to get dressed right away. He looked like an Easter egg with those bright colors!







Nolan likes wearing his new apron.







Ryan made bunny pancakes.
 The Easter Bunny brought other treats for the boys as well.




Grandpa John and Grandma Julie sent an Easter cookie decorating set for the boys. The cookies were yummy and so was the frosting. The boys had fun picking out different sprinkles to put on their cookies.


CHECK UP

Spencer had his 5 year old check up this week. He knew he would be getting shots. He's only talked about if for the last 6 months when his first friend had their check up. He put on his brave face and Ryan told him to hold his breath and look away. The doctor is referring us to ENT again. He didn't fail his hearing test but we had a hard time telling if he was being silly or he really didn't hear a few of the beeps. He wouldn't raise his hand but then would say he heard them 10 times. So he wants us to have a more formal test done. He also questioned it with the way his ear drums looked. Spencer weighed 45 pounds and was in the 76% and he was 44 inches tall putting him in the 83% for height. It was then time for the shots. He cried a few tears but then was fine. He told me he doesn't want to ever have a shot again. His new favorite Iron man was waiting for him when he was done! Such a big boy!

BIRTHDAY WEEKEND

Ryan and I headed out of town for a wedding in Milwaukee on Friday. Grandma agreed to take the boys. They kept her and Auntie busy.





The big kids got to go visit the farm.



I'm guessing by the pictures the smell in the barn wasn't the greatest.



Spencer loves holding and petting animals.






Easton's not always so sure about them...













They got to drive the wagon back to the parking lot.




They did arts and craft projects.

 They were actually making me very cute birthday cards!



Friday night after rehearsal we went to a nice sit down dinner. Ryan's friend Tom got married and Ryan was one of the ushers. 


The wedding was beautiful! The church was massive.

The bride Jaime is 1/2 chinese. So there was a lot of fun and different touches to the wedding.

The reception hall was amazing.




A Chinese ribbon dancer led the wedding party in....



During the dinner they had Dragon Dancer's. Talk about an art. I almost felt like they were real animals watching them move around.




Tom got married on my birthday and even gave me and another guy who's birthday was a shout out in his speech. The photo booth had a birthday hat so I thought I would wear for a picture.


Tom's sister Andrea...

They even gave out Chinese slippers in all different sizes and colors for when the ladie's feet got sore during the dance.


 We had a great night celebrating Tom and Jaime! Congrats to them!

A few Random pictures....

Spencer and Ryan were playing hockey in the garage. Easton started driving his lawn mower across the  garage floor. When Ryan asked what he was doing he said he was the Zamboni.


Nolan was re-arranging our pantry.

A sign spring is coming..... the boys jumping in puddles.




I finished off my weekend with cake and my boys. I truly am one lucky mom.

No comments: