Friday, March 22, 2013

We Have A 5 Year Old!

Can you believe Spencer is 5! Lets visit back to the beginning....

How did that little bean turn into our big 5 year old so quickly?


Around 1... 

Around 2....

Around 3.....

Around 4....

Spencer makes us proud to be parents. He has such a big heart and truly loves his brothers. 

Here are some of Spencer's favorite things.



Food:
Pizza, spaghetti and meatballs, tomato soup, tacos, mac and cheese, waffles and pancakes.

TV/Movies:
Team Umizomi, Chicken Little, Happy Feet, Ice Age and Modern family.

Toys:
Basketball, soccer ball, puzzles, footballs, dream light and magna tiles.

He wants to be a Packer Player when he grows up. 

What does it mean to him now that he's 5? That he gets to sleep in his bed without the side rails.

The morning of his birthday he ran into our room and asked if he's finally 5. He told me he grew taller during the night and now he's a big boy. I love that he's getting older and is changing day by day. It's fun to watch him learn new things. 
Little random things about our 5 year old:
* He likes to snap and crack his fingers when he's concentrating. 
* I'm still getting him dressed while he's asleep in the morning on school days.
*It grosses me out, but he likes to drink the milk in his bowl after he eats his cereal.
*He's loved by all the girls at school. His teacher over heard one girl say how lucky Miss Sadie was that Spencer gave her a hug because she never got hugs from him.
*He can fall asleep anywhere and within minutes of sitting still.
*He still has a major fear of costumes or mascots and has a mini panic attack whenever once is in the building.

We celebrated his birthday the weekend before with his friends. He wanted a pirate themed party at the gymnastics center. It was a great place for him and his friends to run around and be crazy. The instructor lead them through exercises and then we had dinner and some free time. Grandma found this great cake lady who makes amazing cakes. Not only are they cute but they taste yummy!












 Grandpa and the littles having fun bouncing on the big trampoline. 












Such a great cake!




For Spencer's actual birthday he wanted to go to the museum to see the Dora exhibit. 













He helped me make his cake to celebrate. Uncle JB came over for dinner, cake and presents.



















Here are the other random things from the week:

Milk break at the gym..

I think they might be in time outs here...

Nolan was busted by Ryan splashing in the tub.

We like to send silly face texts back and forth.


We found Easton sleeping in his doorway one morning.

We are getting ready for our annual trip to Cancun. Ryan thought it would be fun if we counted down how many days until the trip using pesos. We started three weeks out and every day they get to add one peso to the jar.



The boys are great helpers with the packing...


I hope this is enough stuff to keep 3 little boys busy during the flight.

While I was packing they fell asleep.

Grandma Nancy has FaceTime! The boys loved talking to her and Spencer had fun showing her all of his birthday presents.

Now that he's 5 he doesn't need side rails. 

I don't understand why he sleeps on the floor!

I swear I left Nolan alone for 1 minute.

Easton came with me to the MOA to do some returns. While we waited for our Apple iPad appointment he got to go on his first real ride by himself.



We also had dinner.

While I got my iPad replaced he played on theirs.

We celebrated St. Patricks Day!









We made leprechaun faces...




I'm posting this before we leave to make up for not posting in awhile and this Sunday. I make no promises as to when I will return!

No comments: