Sunday, August 5, 2012

Not The Best Day/Week/Month.

I want to start out this blog with all things positive. The boys are the best, everyone is getting a long, we've been having all kinds of fun and every day is great. Honestly though that's not how I'm feeling lately. I have sent out a few SOS phone calls, texts and emails to friends. My hope is that they will tell me things will get better. Ryan and I just keep saying to each other. "this time now more than ever is when we really need to be a team." There are many great things about having your kids close together but it can also be very challenging. Spencer and Easton are both little and still trying to figure it all out. I need to remind myself that Spencer is older but he's still only 4. There has been a lot of whining, fighting and arguing over who had what first. If you were a fly on our wall you might see two very over stressed and tired parents. You may hear yelling and see the boys in time outs (currently as I write this I'm sitting out side Spencer's bedroom while he's in a time out). The boys and this age can be very challenging that's all there is to it. I'm constently trying to come up with ways to burn off their energy while still getting all of the things around the house done. With all that being said we do have good moments and times with the boys. I hope they would tell you that they know their parents love them and would do anything for them. My favorite thing in the whole wide world is when they give us kisses or Spencer tells me "because I love you!" It's just been a very challenging phase in our lives. I know like every phase it won't last forever but I'm really ready for this phase to be done. If anyone has any advice, support or suggestions I'm all ears at this point!
Here's Spencer thinking he is hiding where we can't see him so he doesn't have to come in.



Ok now onto the more positive part of this week.....

We joined Auntie, Finley, Hadley and Grandma at the pool after Finley's swimming lessons. Spencer LOVES this pool because he's tall enough to go down the slide by himself. He spent the whole time going down the slide. He seemed like such a big boy going off on his own. Even Easton wanted to go down the slide a few times. He however had to sit on my lap. I was thankful Grandma and Auntie were there to help me with Nolan.







After swimming we stuck around long enough to watch Finley play T-ball. The boys were excited to watch him play.



Some friends of ours invited us over to their house to play on their slide.






We took off for Green Bay on Friday. Our first stop was the zoo. Spencer wanted to rush through the zoo so he could get to the petting zoo. That's all he really cared about.















It was Family Night at Lambeau Field. Spencer and Ryan went last year, but this was the first year we began to take advantage of Family Night! We made sure to get their early so we could tailgate for the first time in the parking lot. Only the lot was full (people started getting there at 6:30 AM for a 7:00 pm game!) so we found a smaller lot that we think is even better. A neighbor was there with his son also. The boys had fun playing football before it was time to go in. It was Easton's first time in the stadium. Easton fell asleep for the first 30 minutes of the game. By the end of the game the boys were tired. They made it for the fireworks but Spencer was asleep before we even got out of our parking spot. It was a great day with our two older boys. Grandma and Grandpa watch Nolan for us. I got a text from Grandma that said she loved having the 1 on 1 time with Nolan.























 They had a bunch of kid activites. One was face paiting. I decided to take the boys. Spencer tripped on his way so he was already upset. When we got in line they informed me that they wouldn't be doing anymore. Spencer went into pure melt down mode. So I did what any desperate parent does. I found the closest stand that sold all Packer junk and bought him some tattoos. We headed straight for the bathroom to put them on. We had happy boys again.



The boys stayed with Grandma and Grandpa on Saturday during the day. They went for a boat ride.


 We also enjoyed going for a boat ride with some friends. It was a great day!


The sun was a little bright at dinner time!



More random pics....

We still have our diapers shipped to us. The box that they come in is a great toy for the boys.


Every morning Easton will say "I cold!" "I'm super cold!"

 This morning besides being cold he thought it was too bright! He asked Ryan for his glasses.

Here's a picture of Grandpa when he was baby. I happen to think Nolan looks a lot like him.


 

No comments: