The boys must have been feeling bad that I was home sick on Monday so they sent me some flowers. I'm a lucky mom!
Nolan had his 1 year check up. He was 23 pounds 3 ounces (70%) and 30 inches long (50%.) Overall he checked out great. The doctor thought his torticollis looked better but there is still a slight tilt. He was happy to see that he was walking and doing all the things a 1 year old should be doing. We talked about his ears and the fact that Nolan will sometimes spit up curdled milk. He used to be on soy formula and took zantac for reflux. He no longer is on the medication and I have him on whole milk. We made the decision to try Nolan on soy milk. It's going to be kind of a pain to take his milk everywhere and limit the dairy in his diet but it's worth a shot. We have an appointment in 6 weeks to follow up.
It was national night out this week so the boys and I made cookies. The best part is to lick the beaters.
We enjoyed a nice evening grilling out with the neighbors and allowing the kids to play. Our soon to be newest neighbors even came so they could meet everyone.
Sam and his family will be moving in next door. Both Spencer and Sam are super excited that they will get to play together all the time.
This week Spencer and I were off to the dentist. We both had appointments. It was Spencer's turn first and he did awesome. Opening his mouth wide for her and showing off how he brushes his teeth. He's loves showing everyone how his teeth are nice and clean with no sugar bugs.
As a reward the dentist gives out coupons for free kids meals at burger king. So Spencer and I had a lunch date together. I forgot how easy it is to have 1 child who is pretty independent.
We also met my friend Laurie with her 2 girls at the park for a quick play date.
I know this picture will make Ryan proud. I thought it was kind of funny and cute.
The boys are still in love with the neighbor girls so they were excited roast marshmallows with them.
My friend Amanda and I ran in the Gopher to Badger 5k race this weekend. It was my first timed race. Our goal was to finish in under 30 min and I'm proud to say we both did it.
You might need to click on the picture below to see the results. My official time 29.19 minutes. I finished 84 out of 258 women!
I'm going to say breakfast with the 3 boys after was more of a challenge then the race.
Here's a quick clip on Nolan walking. He still crawls more then he walks but is getting braver and braver each day!






No comments:
Post a Comment