We've managed to stay busy though. We made a quick visit to EC to visit Grandma. I'm lucky to have friends that work part time also so Laurie and her girls Lucy and Lilly joined us at the mall. I think Laurie and I got to say "Hi" to each other but spent most of our time taking kids to the bathroom and chasing them around the toys.
We put another swing on our swing set so each boy has their own. Easton was mad though when he learned the baby swing in no longer his.
Spencer giving Nolan and under-duck.
Spencer started T-ball this week and Ryan is the coach. The focus of practice was making sure not to throw your bat after you hit and always wear your helmet. I see a World Series in our future!
Spencer is wearing Ryan's T-ball shirt from when he was little.
On days when I don't work we call them "home days." On one of our home days it stormed in the morning. Spencer and I had this conversation: Spencer: I don't like thunderstorms. Me: Why? The rain is good for us. It waters our grass and plants and fills up our lakes. Spencer: But I don't want the kiddie pool in Mexico to get any deeper. I think it's safe to say Mexico is always on his mind!!
After the rain it was sunny and warm out. We took advantage and played outside in the water. The boys had fun running through the sprinkler and playing with water guns. The neighbors stopped by and brought Popsicles. Those are the kind of days I love!
Spencer has been doing awesome on his bike. We've noticed though that his bike was on the small side. So we got him a bigger one. When I was at the store I felt bad that he was getting a new one and Easton would get his hand me down. I know that's probably how things will go for awhile but I though what a bummer deal for Easton. When we surprised Spencer with his bike we showed Easton his new/old bike and he was just as excited to finally call Spencer's bike his.
Easton helping put the training wheels back on.
Even though it was raining they still wanted out on the bikes.
Mr. Justin helped Spencer pump up his tires.
We took the boys bowling this weekend. They were so excited! When we first got there it was cosmic bowling. After bowling they played a few arcade games while we waited for our dinner to come. I had fun watching them play ski-ball. Spencer winds up like he's going to throw a baseball and Easton found a way to cheat.
When we left the resturant after dinner a grandma stopped me and said "What a great family you have!" It's always nice to hear people's compliments. It's proof that maybe we are doing ok raising these boys!
This week I have Nolan's birth to 3 evaluation. We were going to start bringing him to a physical therapist but we were told that torticollis is one thing that birth to 3 will work with. They may even go to his school and work with him there. They are coming to our house on Tuesday to see if he will qualify. I'll keep you posted next week!
Here are a few more pictures from the week.....
They tried to convince me they would nap like this.
Poor Nolan! He's had a rough week with teething. He got sent home of Friday for a fever. Getting teeth is hard work!
I got paged at the gym because Nolan wouldn't stop fussing. So he got sit next to me while I finished. I was later told this isn't allowed as someone might trip over him! Seriously, they would have had to trip over my machine before they triped over him.
Congrats Auntie! We are proud of you! She finished 5th for female and 1st in her age group! Maybe some day all my running will pay off and I can join you in a 1/2 marathon. It might be awhile though!
Ryan had his picture taken with a celebrity at Target this week! Target celebrated its 50th Anniversary!
Sometimes I wonder if I'm cut out to be a mom of boys. I'm not a fan of mud piles, dirt, grass stains or holes in the knees of jeans and after my conversation with Spencer I'm pretty sure the answer is No. Spencer came running into the house to get me to come outside to show me something. When I got out there he said "look mom a dead frog!" I wouldn't get very close and said "that's yucky!" He responded with "look closer mom..it won't hop at you!" Seriously, I could live a happy life if I didn't have to see anymore dead frogs! I also have to add though that this is my child that started yelling in the house becuase he saw a fly on the window.

















No comments:
Post a Comment