Just as I wrote that he woke up and I was unable to finish. It is now 7:20 pm and I'm back at it while Easton watches Monsters Inc. He gets to pick the movie tonight because Spencer is at the Timber Wolves game with a friend. Ryan is cleaning up after a long day of landscaping!
We had two parent teacher conferences this week and Nolan in for his 9 month check up. So there is a little bit about each boy to update this week. I'll start with Nolan.
Can you believe our littlest boy is 9 months. It was at this age with Easton that we found out we were pregnant with Nolan. I'm happy to report there is no baby on the way. I'm perfectly happy with my 3 little boys. Nolan had his doctor appointment on Friday. I must have been feeling brave as I brought all 3 with me. Normally I try to find help.
Trying to get a picture of him is getting harder and harder.
His brothers wanted in on the picture action.
We switched doctors and I really like this new one. He seemed very involved and really listened to my questions and concerns. Here's how Nolan checked out: Weight 21 pounds 2 ounces 75%, Height: 95% and his head was in the 75%. He finally grew length wise. Spencer told the doctor how he can roll, crawl, and even pull himself up. The doctor held him up to see if he would take a few steps but he just jumped instead. He smiled and laughed for the doctor a lot. He was even able to see his new tooth. I was shocked to hear that he has a nasty double ear infection. Poor guy! I also brought up my concern with Nolan still not being able to hold his head up straight all the time and this doctor is referring us to a new therapist in town that specializes in pediatrics. He said someone really needs to work with him because Nolan doesn't know or understand to fight against the pull. We were behind on one shot so before we left he had to get that. Overall though Nolan checked out great!
Waiting to go back.
Easton's update:
I had his parent teacher conference on Wednesday. He's been in his new room for 3 months now. They seem to think he's doing great and he scored down the middle for most things. They score them on a 2-3 year old evaluation.
Here are the things he does well:
*Climbs and plays on equipment.
*He can understand in, on, under and besides.
*Starting to play more with other kids instead of just beside them.
*Eats with a spoon and drinks well from a cup.
*Talks in 2-3 word phrases. Sometimes they have have to ask him to slow down to understand him.
*He does well with imitating parent's activities such as cleaning, cooking and playing with the baby dolls.
Areas to work on:
*walk up and down the stairs with one foot per stair (up until a few months ago he would cry to be carried down the stairs so I'm just happy he does them now).
*He's working on not using a fist hold with his crayon and making more lines and circles.
*He would rather wait for help with getting dressed then do it himself. I probably don't help in this department. When we need to get going somewhere though its much faster and easier for me to get them dressed.
For Colors he can only pick out: Orange, Yellow, Pink and Black. He needs help with Red, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, White and Grey.
For Shapes he knows: Square, Triangle, Heart, Star, Oval and Rectangle. He needs help with Circle and Diamond.
Here's what his teachers wrote about him. Easton has been such a great addition to our class. He is super funny and always in a great mood - but is not shy about showing us his stubborn streak! He is full of energy and we can't wait to see what else Easton will show us. Their goal for him is to work on more colors and the letters of his name!
As I mentioned in the start of the post, Easton slept until 10:50 this morning! I decided to have a date with him and take him to see the movie Lorax. He did great sitting during the movie but I think it was the popcorn and m&ms that kept him entertained.
Onto Spencer!
We also had his parent teacher conference on Thursday. They graded him on the 4-5 year old evaluation and he did great!
The areas he does well at:
*He can catch, throw and kick a ball.
*He knows how to hold a writing utensil correctly.
*They said when he will slow down and take his time he can color in the lines and write some of his letters.
*He communicates ideas and feelings well with adults.
*Speaks in 4-6 word sentences and knows his first and last name. Actually his teacher told me Spencer never seems to stop talking.
*He can tell you meanings of familiar words.
*He can dress himself and go to the bathroom on his own. Only he needs reminders to wash his hands.
*He loves to play make believe games.
*He can match like letters, designs and numbers.
*Count to 10, knows basic colors, knows his letters and can name his body parts.
The areas he needs help with:
*Learning to skip - not sure how this will help in the future, but the grade him on it!
*Communicating ideas and feelings to his friends.
*Using appropriate table manners. He needs to learn to stay in his seat.
*Needs some help sharing with friends.
*He needs reminders when it comes to: staying in line, taking his turn to talk when in a group, finishing projects and following a series of 3 directions. Basically what they said was he needs a reminder to stop talking to his friends and stay focused.
They said he is very loving and a good friend to others.
Spencer is very excited about helping Ryan with the landscaping. He wants to help dig and plant but mostly he wants to help water so they can grow. He's so interested in plants that I decided we should have one for the boys to take care of. I bought a strawberry plant so we'll see how it goes. I've already come to the fact that I may need to buy some strawberries to put in the plant in case ours don't grow.
Easton took a little break from helping to play bowling on my phone.
Their strawberry plant.
Overall, Ryan and I are very happy with where our boys are. We don't expect them to be perfect 100% of the time but it's nice to hear that they are good boys. Our lives are crazy and we may need to remind them a handful times during dinner to actually sit and eat but we know they are well loved and cared for. I know there will come a day when I will look back and wish for one more crazy dinner. They are growing up so fast!
Here are a few more pictures from the week.
Pictures from Grandma's camera from last weekend.....
They had fun playing with glow sticks in the bath tub.
If Easton is quiet you should be worried. Grandma found him playing with diaper cream....
I found him playing with my makeup and face wash.
Spencer's been into taking pictures with my phone. Through the eyes of a 4 year old.
Grandma made cute curtains and bought hanging monkeys for Nolan's room.
Nolan has been trying more and more table food.
Spencer made elephant ears at school one day.
We had a play date at our friend Kristi's house. It was wild and crazy with 9 little kids under the age of 4.
Ryan and I really enjoy where we live. It seems like in the evenings we all meet in the cul-de-sac to let the kids run around before dinner. The kids all seem to get along and enjoy playing together. We also like living on a cul-de-sac and not having to worry about cars racing down the street. This weekend we grilled out. Well, Ryan and Nic grilled in the rain and then we all ate inside at our neighbors.
I always love a good sleeping picture....
There is nothing better then when your baby is finally crawling and when you walk into a room they B-line for you laughing and smiling!





No comments:
Post a Comment