Sunday, March 4, 2012

Blue Day!

The boys went shopping with Ryan and he got them basketballs. Spencer thought it would be fun to bring their hoop up from downstairs. I allowed it in the entry way where there are no pictures on the walls or anything that could be broken. I went to check on them and found them shooting baskets from the stairs. Not exactly what I had in mind.


 Spencer seriously falls asleep in some of the strangest positions.


Monday night 3 little friends showed up at our house. I thought I would suprise the boys with a special day. Trust me, not all of our days home together are like this. They've just had a rough start to the year with being sick and we had a few rough days of difficulty listening so I thought we could just use a really fun day. These little smurfs brought along lots of fun "blue" activities to keep us busy.



We had blueberry pancakes on blue plates and napkins. We also had blue milk!


The boys and I made blue velvet cupcakes.

We colored smurf pictures.



 Decorated their new blue and white tooth brushes with stickers.



Nolan had a snack while they decorated.


 We snuggled with our smurfs while watching the smurf movie.


Spencer kept singing the theme song.

 Spencer used his magna tiles to build his smurf a house.

 We used blue food coloring and mixed it with milk to make fun smurf art.



The boys tried smurf juice (gatorade) and blueberries.

 Spencer didn't like the blueberries.

 We made blue hand prints and mailed out smurf hugs to some lucky people.

 Finally after dinner we enjoyed our cupcakes!
I may have set the bar a little too high. Next Spencer would like a green day!

So Tuesday was pretty much the night from H***! Spencer had swimming class and before we left I thought our house seemed cold. When Ryan got home he discovered our heat wasn't working. This would also be the night of the ice storm and the heating company pulled their drivers off the road. When Spencer and I got home we noticed Zoey had thrown up. She had eaten over 200 glucosamine tablets! She threw up a few times and I called the vet and she assured me she would be ok. Thankfully we have some great friends that offered their space heaters. Ryan and I got very little sleep going and checking on the boys all night but they were fine. The boys and I cuddled before bed under the blankets to keep warm. Easton LOVES to cuddle on "Mommy's bed." Our heat is working again and we survived a crazy night.

 Nolan got to join the big boys!

For Dr. Seuss' birthday we made Cat in the Hat treats.

I has asked grandma awhile back if she would watch the boys over night while Ryan and I went out with friends. Little did Grandpa know she was signing him up for watching the boys. The boys got to spend the evening playing with Grandpa while Grandma went to a play. We gave grandpa checkers for his birthday so that they don't just have to play them on the ipad anymore. Thanks Grandpa for watching the boys for us!

While they were at their house Finley came over to visit. He brought shorts and shirts for everyone. Love their outfits!

Nolan played with Hadley!

Grandma also told me that while the 3 little monkeys were playing in her room the youngest one pushed the panic button on their key fob setting off their house alarm. About 10 minutes later the police were at their house. I guess all 3 boys looked shocked but it was the Culligan water guy working in the basement that was really surprised. As the police drove away the 3 boys waved goodbye!

Out with friends.....


 Saturday night we got a sitter and headed out for Suzie's surprise birthday party. Ryan and I figured out that we can't go out 2 nights in a row anymore. We were ready for bed by 9:00 pm on Saturday night! Happy Birthday Suzie!

 Nolan and I went to my friend Nikki's baby shower on Sunday. She is due with her first boy April 4th.

 More random pictures and movies from the week.....

Every morning I get Spencer ready for school he sleeps while I get him dressed. I remember my mom telling me she used to do that for me when I was little. At least this way I can sneak cute outfits on him with out him knowing!

Spencer's idea of a tasty snack!

Strawberry jelly and mustard sandwich!

Easton get's scared when the little things are floating in the tub (I'm not sure why). So when they take baths Spencer lines them up on the tub for him! Spencer is such a good big brother!

Spencer started his new swimming class this week. He now gets to swim in the big lap pool for his lesson so he thinks he is fearless in the water and can go way deep. This is good and bad in my book. It's good to have a little fear.

Have you ever watched the State Farm Insurance discount double check commercials with Aaron Rodgers? Well they are Ryan and Spencer's favorite and they often watch them on the computer over and over. Here is my favorite reinactment of one of the commercials by Spencer....

No comments: