Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas #2!

Our week started with a trip to the dentist as the boys and I all had appointments. While I took turns taking each one back, Grandma waited in the lobby with the other two. Easton opened his mouth wide. Even though he didn't cry I could feel his body shaking with fear. Spencer did great this time. He opened his mouth and let her brush his teeth. Both kids got great reports!


As a reward Grandma took them to the mall to play on the toys while I got my teeth cleaned.

Then the boys got to see Santa. Again they did way better then I expected them to. Spencer didn't want to sit on his lap but he was excited to tell him he wants a "Special Ball" for Christmas. I have NO idea what kind of ball he wants! Ugh!

Once a year daycare does a family dinner. You get to join your kids at school and have dinner in their classroom. It's a great chance to meet other parents of their friends at school. The boys enjoyed having us at school and playing a little bit longer with their friends.

Spencer has 1 week left of swimming. He loves going so much I'm thinking about signing him up for the next session. It's kind of nice to have something for us to do in the evenings.


On Saturday I had the perfect day planned. We were going to take the boys to Macy's and we were going to visit Santa's Workshop. With 3 kids it's hard sometimes to get out the door on time so we got a later start. The lines were long and Easton has a hard time waiting. I only brought 2 strollers thinking I would push one with Nolan in it and Easton could ride in the other. Well Spencer wanted to ride and Easton preferred to walk until he saw Spencer wanted to ride in the stroller and then he wanted in. It was crowded in the display area (I did prepare myself for that). The boys were hungry when we got done so we went to Panera for lunch. I'm pretty sure the couple sitting across from us may rethink ever having kids after watching how busy it is to try to get 3 boys fed at the same time. They were good... just busy. I had put my pop in the stroller and when we got to the car Ryan folded the stroller up not knowing my pop was in there. I asked him if he got my pop out of the stroller and he said no. We both jumped out of the car and opened the tailgate to find the pop leaking out of the stroller. We adjusted the strollers to get the pop out, but unfortunately didn't realize the strollers were now in the way and didn't allow the tailgate to close.  As we were leaving the parking ramp Ryan didn't see the tailgate was still open and we knocked the windshield wiper off the back of the car. On the way home both Nolan and Easton cried on and off. Oh I'm not sure why I even try sometimes........


Here's a gingerbread song Spencer learned from one of his favorite cartoons.



Thankfully Saturday night we had a sitter and Ryan and I were able to attend Kyle and Kristin's 2nd annual ugly Christmas sweater party! We both needed a night out. I think I had a little bit too much fun and paid for it all day today. I now remember why having a few drinks too many is a bad idea when you have kids!
This is for you Grandma Nancy! Does this sweater look familiar?


Grandpa John and Grandma Julie were in town this weekend from Texas so we had Christmas with them on Sunday. We made a great breakfast and the boys were spoiled once again with great presents. For them Christmas is the whole month of December!


Spencer, Easton and Nolan are so lucky to have grandparents that love hockey as much as they do. They got a full size hockey net!

They also got a mini air hockey table.

Spencer LOVES to play garage hockey with Dad, Uncle JB and Grandpa!

Sunday night we went over to some friends house for the Packer game. It's been so nice that Spencer is finally at the age where we can let him go and play with his friends and we don't have to watch him every minute!

 Ryan and Chris on baby duty while watching the game.

Here is a cute video of Easton from this week.

Nolan is becoming a big boy! He started sitting in the high chair during meal times.

He may not roll over yet (I think he's getting too fat!) But he is starting to work on sitting up on his own. He's always trying to pull himself up.

Here is a quick video of him laughing! Sorry for my voice!

No comments: