Sunday, December 18, 2011

5 Months Old!

Nolan is 5 months old!

We love him more and more every day. I can't get over how big our baby is getting!

NEWS ALERT!!!
Nolan FINALLY rolled over! I was starting to think he never would. Right after the Packers scored he rolled over. Unfortunately Ryan was home with Easton and we were at a friends house watching the game so they missed it, but all of us cheered loud for him!

Nolan is such a good baby except when it comes to sleeping at night. We still get up 1-3 times a night to give him his nuk. He likes to be swaddled tight in two blankets. We had him into the clinic this week as we thought he had pink eye. We've been giving him drops but his doctor wasn't 100% sure that's what it was. Hopefully what ever it is clears up by Christmas. He was over 17 pounds. He loves to play in his excersaucer and if you lay him in the boppy on the floor he tries to pull himself up to a sitting position. He's very smiley and happy. Everything and anything he can get his hands on go straight into his mouth. He loves to watch and laugh at his brothers. They like to include him in the things they are doing also. He's moving more into a routine with a morning nap and an afternoon nap. I finally have him napping in his crib instead of the swing. I just can't believe he is 5 months old already. I wish he would stay like this forever!

We also started Nolan on cereal tonight. He wasn't very happy at first but eventually warmed up to it. I think it will just take a few times to get used to it.


So what's it like to be a little boy in our house? I hope our boys would say that it's fun but busy! Here's what a day looks like...

After making a trip to the Y with the boys to swim for Spencer's reward (he filled up his stone jar) we stopped to get his favorite, Culver's for lunch.

 After lunch we do a couple of art projects...

 Since the boys needed a bath I thought finger painting would be fun.

 But it soon turned into body painting...

 Then it was bath time. Notice the paint all over the walls!

I love this picture of the 3 of them!

 Grandma Julie got the boys matching pjs for Christmas.....
 I love Nolan's face in these pictures.
After all this you would think they would nap all afternoon but nope! Neither Spencer or Easton napped that day!  Only Nolan...
I was happy to see Ryan that day! I always think I survived another day on days like that.

You can never take your eyes off of Easton and Spencer for very long.

Anything and everything can become a hockey rink. Like our kitchen floor. Notice the stools are set up on opposite ends and the pucks on the floor. They are no longer allowed to play on this floor but it doesn't stop them from trying.

The boys and I keep busy on our days off by building forts....

Making fun Christmas cookies....
Here we were making melting snowmen.

(Nolan makes a great supervisior)

(Spencer made this face. I think his snowman has a cold!)

(So I had him redo it!)


We made little Santa's.

We have random dance parties at lunch....


Spencer, Easton and I went to music class this week. Easton loves to dance and Spencer was excited to sing some of the songs he knows.


Ryan took Spencer to his last swimming class. We are so proud he passed the class and can now move from Pike to Eel! Spencer LOVES swimming.

This weekend Grandpa and Grandma came up to visit and we went to Santa's Train Station. It's an old train museum in St. Paul. Santa and Mrs. Clause arrived from the North Pole on one of the trains. Then we got on and took a quick ride. The boys had fun playing around with all the old trains. Spencer told Santa this time that he wants Magna Tiles for Christmas.

 We waited for Santa outside to come on the train...


He's here!

Ryan was excited to see Santa's Elf has a Target gift card to say if kids have been naughty or nice.


This is how I found Spencer one morning. I was convinced he wasn't in his room at first.

The pond by our house has finally frozen over so Ryan took Spencer out to test it out for the first time. This is another reason why we love our new neighborhood.

Our house is in the background in the middle
 

Of course Easton had to try on his stuff once they got back...

So life has been very busy around here. Add two little boys who are now learning to fight over EVERYTHING on top of it all and you have 2 very worn out parents. Also Easton's favorite word right now is "NO!" Ugh, I honestly can't wait for this phase to be over.

I will give you a head's up now there won't be a post next Sunday. I will hopefully get our Christmas pictures up sometime the following week! We hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!



No comments: