Sunday, August 7, 2011

Moving, Check Ups and Biting!

Brotherly love........

Real brotherly love......
Someone is always picking on the other. Here Spencer is flicking Easton in the head!

Oh where to begin! We closed on our house last week Wednesday (July 27th). The boys and I enjoyed our last week at our old house by playing outside in the yard. I think right now that's what I miss the most about our old house only because we don't have a yard yet at the new house. Ryan had done all of our landscaping last summer and it was all really starting to bloom this year and it looks great. We also can't bring the swingset to the new house until our yard is in. Hopefully it won't be long and we will be able to play outside here. Ryan and my dad have been busy working on the final details of our patio and yard for the new house.
My addiction to ice while pregnant rubbed off on these two.

Things inside the new house are finally getting put away and I'm feeling more settled. The boys are adjusting well to their new rooms and Spencer loves showing visitors his new big boy room. Nolan still isn't in his own room yet. He's moved from the side of our bed to our closet. He's close, but yet I don't hear every peep he makes. He's a loud sleeper.


Testing out his crib.

The only pictures from the move are ones Ryan took of the boys tubs. Yes, those are all tubs of the boys clothes. Remember that's 4 little boys worth (I have some of Finley's stuff also). It's a good thing it all gets to be reused over and over again!


Nolan is a big help during the move. He's been sleeping through most of it. Even Hadley came one day to help supervise.
The move really wore Spencer out. He had way too much fun playing with all the family that came to help.

On Wednesday (Aug. 3rd) I handed over the keys from our old house to the new owners / renters. I made sure to take a lot of pictures and even some video before we left. It's hard saying good bye to that house. We had so many great memories of the boys when they were babies there. It's close to where we live now and I still have a lot of friends in that neighborhood so it will be strange to drive by and see other people living there.

Goodbye......

Kitchen....
Living room....
Easton's room....
Spencer's room...
Our room....
Basement living room play area....
It was a great house and we will miss it!

Besides being busy with moving we've had other things going on. Spencer had his last soccer practice. He will miss soccer but hopefully I can figure out something to sign him up for in the fall. I like having him in 1 activity during the week.


Both Easton and Nolan had check-ups at the clinic.

Easton was first. He had his 18 month check-up. He weighs 25.8 pounds (50%). He's 32 1/2 inches tall (50%) and his head is also in the (50%). She thought he looked great and is right on track with all of the milestones.

His speech is coming along. To me it seems a little bit slower but I only have Spencer to compare him to and I think Spencer was an early advance talker. She told me that I would probably notice a big change in the next few months. Each day I hear him saying a new word. I would say he has 10-15 words that he uses. Some you can really understand and some we understand but the average person might not know what he's saying. 

She asked how he was eating and reminded me that some days toddlers will eat everything and other days they will eat nothing. He doesn't seem to favor one food over another but some go to foods for us are: veggies, cheese, yogurt, cheeseburger, pasta with red sauce, and milk. He also loves all snack type foods.


Zoey is pretty excited about Easton's new spot at the table.

Favorite toys: he loves to color, dance to music, any sports type toys. He also wants to do EVERYTHING Spencer is doing. His all time favorite thing though is his blanket. Not just any blanket but his pottery barn blanket (he's got great taste already!) I've even had to start bringing out back up blanket to school for him.

He was mad because he could see his blanket in the dryer but couldn't have it.

Sleeping: He goes down around 7:00 and will usually talk in his crib for about an hour before falling asleep. He still takes 1 afternoon nap that will last 1-2 hours.

He can follow simple tasks and seems to understand most things you tell him. Over all he is a VERY happy toddler. He's as cute as can be and usually has a big smile on his face. He also keeps us on our toes. I keep saying we should be worried if he gets quiet. Just this week when he got "quiet" we found him eating Styrofoam in the corner and the pads off the cupboard doors. He's also very busy. He's always on the go and into something. We are adjusting to keeping tabs on him in the new house. There is a lot more space for him to roam and it's not fully Easton proofed yet. He tries to be a big helper with Nolan also. Giving and taking his nuk, covering him up including his face and giving him lots of hugs and kisses!


With all that being said we've had 1 MAJOR issue with him the last few weeks. He's been biting again. I thought we had moved past this but the behavior has returned. It's actually gotten a bit worse then before. A few days in a row I've gotten the dreaded phone call from daycare saying he bit a friend. I guess 1 day it was 3 different times. I've really been working with daycare on how we can correct this behavior. It's hard though because we all know that for the most part this is a behavior he has to grow out of. They are working on redirecting and at home we do mini time outs (they only last about a minute).

They are starting to transition him to the next room at daycare. They feel that he is getting bored with the younger kids and that he will do a lot better in the next room. Until then they are making some adjustments on how to better keep an eye out for him and to control different situations. Hopefully the change in rooms will bring on better behavior changes. They did say that when he isn't biting he's a really good toddler and loves to play with his friends and can be very loving to them and the teachers.

Nolan also had his check up this week. I'm happy to report he is not biting! He's more into spitting up! He was 9 pounds 5 oz (just over the 50%), 21 inches long (he didn't grow in length at all since his birth) (50%) and his head was in the 50%. Everyone wants to know how he is sleeping and if he's sleeping through the night. Nope he's not! He's getting up every 3 hours (11:00 pm, 2:00 am, and then 5:00 am) still. He's had a few longer stretches here and there so there is hope.



He lost the umbilical cord this week so now he gets to have real baths.
Auntie got him this cute towel with his name on it.


Nolan and his friend Liam joined Amanda and I at the nail place to get our pedicures. Amanda and I had been going monthly before the boys were born. The boys are only 5 days apart.


My friend Terryl came over with her girls. The twins Olivia and Alexia are Easton's age and Avery is a year older.


Ryan took Spencer to the Packer Family Fun Night. He's been talking about taking him there since the day we brought Spencer home from the hospital. It sounds like they had a great time until the rain came in. I did at one point ask Ryan if he was having fun and he told me that Spencer was more interested in finding the Dairy Queen mascot because he couldn't believe there was walking ice cream!

They watched the players drive into the parking lot and walk into the stadium. The highlight for Spencer was seeing Aaron Rodgers!

Ryan said because Aaron Rodgers wore red it was easy for Spencer to keep an eye on him.

Having a snack while waiting out the rain. Ryan even let him have "orange nater" also known as gatorade.

and the reason he woke up at 5:30am... his packer stickers fell off his face!

All Spencer has wanted to do today is play football! Easton is right there with him trying to keep up. It won't be long and Easton will be able to join them on these fun outings!

Here's a few things I've learned so far having 3 boys 3 and under.....
1. I see a Sam's Club or Cosco membership in my future as I will be buying things in bulk trying to keep up with feeding 3 boys. I suppose it will be Cosco, Ryan will never let Sam's Club happen!
2. Someone is ALWAYS crying. Each one wants what the other has. Nolan is crying because someone is laying on him or pulling his nuk out of his mouth. Or I'm crying because it's all still a little overwhelming.
3. I need to buy pink things whenever I can. I picked out pink nail polish, hair brush and any other misc item.
4. I should have had 2 washer, dryers and dishwashers put in this house. I feel like there are always loads of laundry waiting to be done and dishes to be washed.
5. I need to learn more about the sports world. Spencer can already name more Packer players then I ever could. Spencer will often ask me to pitch to him but honestly I'm not very good. I suppose I will work on that since the boys gave me a glove for Mother's Day! I will however make a great cheerleader for when they get older!
6. I look back and laugh to myself when I used to think I was busy with just 1 baby. Even 2 kids seems way easier now. I have yet to figure out how going out and about with all 3 is really going to work. If I go out now I usually have 1 maybe 2 kids with me.
7. If I want quiet time it means locking the bathroom door while taking a shower and listening to at least 1 child pounding at the door wanting in.
8. I need to get over the fact that my kids are going to be sweaty and dirty. If there is a dirt pile they will find it. I just need to get better at getting stains out of clothes!
9. What I've really learned though is how much I love my little boys. No matter what kind of mess they are making or trouble they are getting into their smiles melt my heart! I also know there is no way on earth I could do this alone and I'm thankful for Ryan's help.

No comments: