He now wants to sit at the counter like a big boy!
Spencer put himself to bed one night. He wanted to sleep on the floor with his shoes on!
The boys had theme week at daycare this past week. They had pj day, red white and blue day, firework hair day, and beach day. Here are a few pictures I got of the boys in the morning.
Wearing their swimsuits to school for beach day.
Firecracker hair day. Not much you can do with boys' hair!
I got a phone call from Easton's teacher on Tuesday to tell me what a great boy he had been all day. She said he was sharing and very lovable, the best he's ever been. As a mom it's great to hear how wonderful your child is but it also makes you wonder what he's like on a regular day that she felt the need to call me and tell me how wonderful he was. This behavior lasted one more day then he was back to his normal self and had to work on gentle touches. We have conferences coming up with his teachers so I'm looking forward to going over things with his teachers.
Easton isn't the only one that's been acting up around here. Spencer has been having a hard time at home with listening and whining. So we decided to start a naughty chart and if he gets 5 marks we take a toy away. Well, so far after day one we've taken his new shovel away. Next it's his baseball and bat!
Since posting this picture and writing the blog here's how things have gone. He's lost his shovel, bat and ball and working on losing his hockey stick. Tonight he was really naughty. He was kicking and hitting at me because I wanted him to take a bath. After a few warnings I told him he wasn't going to soccer tomorrow. Eventually he told me "I don't like soccer," My response, "well fine then it shouldn't matter if you go or not." He then freaked out and said "No ..... I want to go to soccer." Seriously is our 3 year old trying to use reverse psychology on us already! It's hard to take things away like soccer because I know how much he enjoys it but at the same time there is no going back or he will never learn. I think this is harder on us then him!
On a cuter and happier note here's a conversation Spencer and Ryan had. Spencer, Ryan and Easton all went to Menard's on Saturday. Ryan told Spencer they needed fertilizer for the grass. Spencer asked why? Ryan told him it's food for the grass. Spencer then asked "You want the grass to get fat?" Other things that he says are "Is that cool mommy?" "Is that neat?" or "Does that sound like fun?" These must be things I say to him often.
Ryan took the boys to Teddy Bear park this weekend. It's a great park for them to play in and allowed me to get some extra rest!
Spencer has always wanted to have a picnic on this random pavilion in our new neighborhood. So we packed up a picnic lunch and headed on over. It was a busy and quick lunch and then we headed over to our new house with our friends Kyle and Kristen.
Baby Update!
So I don't think this baby can decided if he wants to be born or not. It's been a roller coaster week of emotions. I had an appointment on Tuesday. It started with an ultrasound and I had her confirm that there was a baby boy in there. Yup, there is no mistake it's a boy! She did all of the normal measurements and then I waited to see the doctor.
The doctor came in to check me and told me I was still about 2 cm dilated. He didn't really comment on anything else besides that he could feel the baby's head. He reviewed the ultrasound and they can give the baby a score of 1 - 8 on development. This baby scored an 8 so all looks well. He's just about 7 lbs and is in the 60% for growth so already starting out on the bigger side of things. He did mention I have low amniotic fluid. It's as low as it can be and still be normal. I think the range is from 7.5 - 12 and I was 7.5. He wasn't concerned and suggested I have another ultrasound at my next appointment to make sure I'm not losing more.
That night I started having pretty intense and strong contractions. I finally started timing them and they averaged 7 - 10 minutes apart. This continued on for almost 4 hours. I finally feel asleep once they started to slow down around midnight. I woke up at 3:00 am feeling very sick and having tons of pains and contractions again. I think I passed out for another 30 minutes before my alarm was going off for work. I did make it to work but for only an hour. My contractions were 5 - 6 minutes apart. My co-workers decided I should leave and call the clinic. I was tired, emotional and uncomfortable so I agreed. The clinic suggested I come in and get checked out. I had an awful nurse who was ready to send me home before I even go to my room. They monitored me for about 10 minutes checked to see if I was leaking fluid and to see if I was dilated anymore. According to this nurse I wasn't and I was high thick and closed. I was shocked that she said this because for two weeks now I've been thinned some and dilated to 2 cm. I asked to walk and made a few laps before she came to find me to tell me they were going to send me home. Luckily I had a friend working that day and she was shocked at the treatment we were getting and finally went to talk to the doctor. The doctor stopped in and checked me before I left. She said I was 2 cm, 90% effaced and she could feel the baby's head. I would really like to know what that nurse was feeling. I was still sent home to walk it out and return if things got worse again. Well, needless to say they didn't and I was able to work Friday and I still haven't had this baby!
Who knows when this baby will be coming!!!!
House Update!
Here are the most recent pictures from this week.....
Light fixture in kitchen for over our table.
The office has carpet. It's actually a lot darker of carpet then what shows up.
Basement bathroom.
1/2 of the basement living room.
Upstairs living room.
What's more fun then playing in a big empty room.
Light fixture in Spencer's room. All the boys will have the same.
Boys bathroom.
Boys' vanity. It's kind of small.... good thing they're boys!
Master bathroom.
Master bedroom looking at the bathroom on the left and closet on the right.
The outside!
Finally, we want to congratulate Ryan on earning another promotion at Target! He starts his new job tomorrow and is still working on GiftCards, only now will be focused on inventory and supply chain management. Just when we thought our July and 2011 couldn't get anymore crazy than it already is!
No comments:
Post a Comment