Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July!


We had a great week leading up to a fun filled weekend. The weather has finally started turning around and this week we've had some very hot days! My goal was to find ways to keep the boys busy and burn all of their energy at the same time. Unfortunately, that required a little energy from me.


Monday was soccer and this picture cracks me up. Spencer's friend Gavin wasn't really in the mood for soccer so he sat off to the side of the field. Eventually he warmed up and had fun. Spencer continues to enjoy going to practice and always asks on the way home if he can do that again.
Spencer is on the far left.

We had a play date at a park with our friends Laurie, Lilly and Lucy. Spencer had so much fun and can't wait to go again. Easton enjoyed going down this slide over and over.

 He refuses to nap, yet falls asleep at 5:00 pm. Needless to say I wouldn't let him sleep in the chair and had to wake him up right away! That also means he was one crabby child.

We filled up our pool and the boys played outside in it ALL day! Spencer was so worn out that he actually napped that day. Easton was also in bed by 6:15 pm. I would say it was a successful day!


HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! 

We spent the weekend with my family in Eau Claire. The boys stayed busy by going swimming, tubing, fishing, and playing. It was a busy yet fun weekend and I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend our 4th of July. Sunday night we even got to enjoy Grandpa's firework show. It's a good thing we saw grandpa's firework show because Spencer was in bed at 5:30 pm on the 4th!

 Easton would much rather play in this tub of water then go in the lake. Safety first, he even has his life jacket on.

 
Actually all 3 boys are really good about wearing their life jackets whenever they are by the water.



Shellee fishing with the boys.

 They caught a big one! Uncle Tim had caught a fish earlier and put it back on the hook and threw it in for them all to real in.

This was the first weekend Easton has held a fishing pole and he had a lot of fun doing it!
It looks like he's a big boy riding a trike but really he can't reach the peddles and enjoys sitting on it ringing the bell.

Spencer went tubing with the big boys. He prefers a regular tube versus the Super Mable!
First he went with Patrick and Finley

Then daddy and Tanner.

Even Easton tried tubing.... well he got on the tube and then right back into the boat.


Watching Grandpa's fireworks......

If you go to this link you can check out some of the fireworks. Though I must say they are way better in person watching them from the boat!


If you're going to watch Grandpa's fireworks show, then you have to be willing to clean up afterwards......

Having a little 4th of July milk while watching cartoons in the morning.

We also celebrated a few birthday's this weekend. Finley had his golden birthday on the 3rd. It was also
Uncle Tim's birthday and Conner's on the 4th.

Uncle Tim traced Spencer in chalk.

So Spencer wanted to trace Ryan!

Baby Update!
I'm currently 37 weeks (I had Easton at 37 weeks). This past week I had my 36 wk check up. They ended up getting me in with the on-call OB and she did check me and I'm about 2 cm dilated. I would have guessed more for how many contractions I've had over the last 4+ weeks. I measured ok and baby's heartbeat was 146-147. After I saw the OB doctor, I also saw the nurse counseler. We talked about the delivery and all the things I wanted when we were at the hospital. Finally, I had my blood drawn before heading home.

I'm not one to love swimsuit pictures, but here's the bump at 37 weeks.

It was my first week back to work since being put on bed rest. Overall it went better then I thought. I didn't have a ton of contractions but by Friday afternoon I was feeling pretty sick to my stomach and was just in a lot of pain. I just wanted to go home, shower and go to bed. Physically I feel beyond ready to have this baby. I just keep telling myself I would like to at least make it until next weekend but the further I get into July the better it would really be.

House Update!
We have floors! This week they finished the siding, master bathroom shower and most of the flooring in the house. We have a combination of all different types of floors. Grandpa also came up and worked on a plan for our landscaping. If we should build a deck, patio or both. With having 2 toddlers, I don't want our house surrounded by dirt for months after we move in. So hopefully with the planning ahead we won't have to wait long. The last thing we need is to have a giant sandbox for them to play in all the time! Ryan just finished the landscaping at our current home, and will be back at it again later this summer at the new home.

No comments: