Sunday, April 10, 2011

Mom and The Boys!

The boys like to come with me once in awhile to the store. The only down side are the carts I have to push. There was a time when I used to hate people who used those carts because they take up the whole aisle. Well now I'm "that mom!" Poor baby #3 where will he sit? I think my shopping days will come to an end if I have to bring all 3. I might be the one doing my shopping at 9:00 pm after they are all in bed!

It was Ryan's turn to be gone this week. He had a business trip in Florida. Lucky for him he got to spend 3 nights at the Ritz Carlton. in Naples. He said the hotel was great and really enjoyed the conference. I'm sure after his 5 days with the boys alone he was happy to sleep in a quiet room and have a little time away, even if it was for business. I told Spencer his dad was in Florida and his response was "Miss Kelsey is in Florida, Miss Kelsey and my dad went to Florida together." Well it turns out his teacher is from Florida and don't worry I did check it out and she was teaching all week.

The view from his room. The court yard below is where they had dinner the first night.

So that left me home with the boys. At one point I sent Ryan a text asking "were the boys this naughty for you?" Monday we were home together. I was planning on getting a lot of things done around the house. Instead I found my self cleaning up after 2 messy boys. Easton can be a very messy eater and I find myself constantly cleaning up the floor and high chair after he gets done. Later Spencer informed me that "hockey players don't wear clothes" and proceeded to take everything off. While playing in the bathroom with his new toy he flooded the bathroom floor with water from the sink and while he watched me clean it up he peed on the carpet. It was at that moment that I told him he needed to go to his room because his mommy was pretty upset with him. Needless to say we were happy when Ryan got home. I think Ryan and I realized how much we miss having the other person around.

It rained on Monday so we got out the finger paints.

They say 3's can be worse then 2's. I'm starting to agree. Spencer overall is a very good boy. He definitely is trying to test the limits though. He will fight you on things more and wants to do everything for himself. He now thinks of himself as a big boy and should be able to do the things that he wants. I think my new favorite saying of his is "I didn't say anything!" I'm pretty sure I've said that a time or two when he's asked me to repeat myself over and over I will finally respond with "I didn't say anything."


Easton seems to be communicating more now. He points to things he wants or will make gestures. He is also addicted to milk! One day at nap time I was rocking him and he was drinking his milk from a sippy cup. I set the glass down and then put him in his crib. When he woke up he wanted to search all over in the corner where I put his milk. It took me awhile to figure out what he was looking for. When we get him up in the morning he will cry until you give him a glass of milk. Now that we know that, he's content getting ready as long as he has milk and it makes getting ready in the morning a lot easier.



Grandma watched the boys for me while I went to my doctor appointment and got my hair done for my birthday. Auntie traded Finley for Easton and took Easton to Target with her. The older boys went to breakfast and then the children's museum. I think they had a great time because they were tired and crabby when I got them back.


This weekend we were finally able to stay home since we didn't have any open houses scheduled. It was nice to be home and be outside. The boys LOVE being outside and usually cry for 5 minutes when it's time to come in. Spencer likes to ride his new bike and Easton likes to ride in the wagon. Spencer enjoys having Easton outside to play in the backyard. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time outside this summer.

Our little boys hand prints

Baby Update!

I'm currently 25 weeks. I had a check up on Wednesday this week and I'm pretty sure I measured ok and that things look fine because my doctor didn't say anything different. We usually end up talking about other things then since we've seen enough of each other over the last few years! The babies heartbeat was 144.


Ryan and I have started a tradition of going out to dinner at a place downtown Minneapolis called Ike's when we are expecting. So this weekend we had a date night. It was nice to get out just the two of us.

We are going to be gone the next few Sunday's so I'm not sure when I will be posting again hopefully sooner rather then later!

No comments: