Sunday, April 3, 2011

Boys Week!

**Make Sure You Check Out Spencer's Birthday Post Below!**

Last week (March 21-27) my Mom, sister and I took off for New York City. It was the first time I left the boys for that long, normally it's only been a couple of nights at the most. I was excited for our trip but sad/nervous to leave the boys. Ryan was home with the boys all week and even though I knew they would do fine I just wondered if they would miss me or even notice I was gone. We were able to talk on the phone using face time (its like using video chat on the computer.) From what I hear it was busy but both boys were good for their dad. I couldn't wait to see them when I got home!

 Here are some pictures that Ryan took of their week together.

I left Easton and Spencer a present and reminded them to be on their best behavior for their dad
 and that I loved him very much.

When you are with dad anything goes!

You get to eat your cereal treats off the floor...

 Clothing is optional at dinner time...

You get to ride your trikes and bikes inside the house...

We had an open house that weekend on Saturday so Ryan took a little break and took both boys to Madison.

They celebrated Spencer's  birthday with cake....

He loves his blanket.....

I think all 3 boys were happy to see me when I got home on Sunday. Easton was the little trouble maker while I was gone and I think Ryan was ready to hand him off. He's been known to be a hitter at times with Spencer so Ryan put him in his first time out. He's even got his pouty lip out while in his time out!

Spencer got to open his birthday presents from Grandpa John and Grandma Julie while they watched on the computer....

 He's been into Dora the pirate episode so he wanted me to make him an eye patch right away Monday morning at 7am!

We've had a few nicer days and we take advantage whenever we can to let the boys play outside.
Spencer even got to ride his new bike for the first time outside. He's doing really well with it!


 So while the boys enjoyed their time together at home. I had fun in New York! We saw 5 Broadway shows in 4 days. We went to Phantom Of The Opera, War Horse, Lombardi, Billy Elliot and Priscilla Queen Of The Desert. We did a walking tour, a bus tour and saw a lot of great sights. Friday morning we went to the Today show and even made it on TV. The only down fall was the first few days we were there it was cold, windy and wet (either snow, sleet, hail or rain.) We did a lot of walking and I ate a lot. I think I gained at least 5 pounds while we were gone because it was nice to go into a restaurant sit down and have a meal while it was still warm and I wasn't entertaining anyone! I thought about the boys though often you could always find me texting Ryan back home or looking at their pictures.

Time Square...

Looking down at the traffic and Lincoln Center...

We were able to walk through part of Central Park...

We toured Grand Central Station.....

The Empire State Building from the ground...

We visited the chapel across from ground zero. This is where the firefighters and rescuers came when they needed a break....

This is what ground zero looks like today.....
They plan to re-open this area on 9/11/11....

China town...
We even did the black market shopping and went into a few closets and even a basement.


We took a ferry out to Staten Island. We looked back on the city, the twin towers once stood in the middle. It was a great way to see that statue of Liberty and all the different parts of New York.

We traveled up 67 floors to the "Top of the Rock" or the top of Rockefeller Center. It was a great way to see the city from up high.....

The Today Show....

We even saw Robin Williams and a few other celebrities on the streets!

Thanks to my Mom and sister for a great 5 days. I really enjoyed spending time with both of you before these next babies come! Thanks mom and dad for a great trip!

Baby Update!
Currently I'm 24 weeks. Is it sad that this time I rely on an app on my phone to remind me how many weeks I am?!?! It's not that I don't know this baby is here because it's moving a ton these days. This baby has taken over my mind. I can only focus on the present day. I find I have to write everything down or it's quickly forgotten. I misplace a lot of stuff and forget a ton. I've become more emotional also, my hormones are all over the place. 

Even though the baby moves a ton I'm the only one that has felt him moving. He kicks very low into my belly. Only in the last few days have I felt a few more kicks higher up. I've also noticed a few braxton hicks contractions. Mostly when we were in NYC after eating a big meal and then walking around the city.

You know you are showing when strangers will confidently ask when you are due. Sorry I haven't taken a picture in awhile hopefully I will get another one soon. I have my appointment this week so hopefully I will have more to update next week!

House Update!

Ryan and I finally were able to sign off on all of the blueprints and work orders for our new house. We met with the development rep this week and went over everything. It was a very stressful meeting and it didn't start out the greatest but in the end we were writing a check for the down payment. So now the process will begin, she told us not to expect to see digging for maybe a month (hopefully it will be sooner) we also talked a little bit about a finish date and she thought maybe end of August but would make a note we would like the start of Aug. I refuse to spend my whole maternity leave packing, moving and unpacking. I want some time to enjoy this new little baby!!

Where that dirt pile is will someday sit our future house!


No comments: