Sunday, February 27, 2011

House Update!

Well the camera was lost for a better part of the week. That means I have zero pictures! Let me quickly update you on the boys.

Easton got sent home from school after only a few hours for a fever on Monday. Grandma watched him on Tuesday and took him to the clinic. They started him on the antibiotic shot for a fuzzy patch over his lungs that could be the start of pneumonia. My clinic wanted him to be seen by his doctor before they would continue the shot. She didn't think it was his lungs but instead she thought it continued to be his ear. So needless to say we are counting down the days until our ENT appointment to talk about tubes.

Overall he continues to be a good boy. I'm thinking about entering him into a baby eating contest if there is such a thing. Not only for the amount he eats but how fast he can eat. Someday I will get it on video and share it with you. He still prefers to crawl over walk but he's getting better at taking steps. He just knows he will get there faster if he crawls. He's really been mimicking people's behaviors and sounds that they make. His biggest influence is Spencer. He wants to say and do all of the things he does.

Spencer continues to be a great big brother. He's become more and more curious about baby "Karen" that's in my belly. Wanting to see her all the time. We've decided to bring him with when we go for my 20 week ultrasound in a couple of weeks.

He loves to play pretend. We are always going somewhere and doing something. We go for many plane and train rides to the zoo to look at different animals. We play house and pretend he is the mommy taking care of me. He also likes to pretend he is a waiter at a restaurant. Today he asked Ryan what he wanted to eat. Ryan asked for pizza and Spencer told him, "no, we only have pears and peaches." I guess you can tell what fruits he likes the best!

He keeps us busy by wanting to help with EVERYTHING! He also wants to do everything himself. Potty training is going great. He's now pull up free at nap time. He still wears one at bed time but we need to be better about cutting off what he has to drink before he goes to bed. He's still all about sports. He goes back and forth between basketball and hockey mostly. Today I took him to the Y and we had the whole pool to ourselves. After we were done swimming we went into the gym to play basketball. He still continues to talk circles around us and amazes me with the things he knows. His memory is like no other, he never forgets anything!

Baby Update:
I'm currently 19 weeks. A few people at work have pointed out my stomach and then some will tell me they don't think I'm showing at all. I think it depends on my scrub top! I think it's starting to pop out. My headaches still seem to be on and off. I can't wait to have an appointment to ask about them. I'm feeling the baby move more and more in the evening and once in awhile if I'm just sitting during the day.

I still get sick to my stomach and often find myself looking for the nearest sink, bathroom or even garbage can. I continue to be stuck on one boy name and haven't even thought about girl names. I'm anxious to have my ultrasound in a few weeks. I can't wait to see this little peanut that's growing inside of me.

I have to say a big Thank You to Ryan. He's really been helping out around the house. He's been doing most of the cleaning and picking up around here. I find that I have no energy left in the evening and will often be in bed right after Easton and before Spencer. If it wasn't for him the house would be a crazy mess and we wouldn't have any clean clothes to wear. I can't wait to have my energy back!

The biggest update is about the house.....

So after going through all of our options of staying in our current house, building or buying an already built home.. we've come to our final decision. Were going to build a new home! We are both overwhelmed but very excited for the process to begin.

We are thankful that my dad has helped us out with every step of the process. Neither Ryan nor I really know anything about where to begin when it comes to building a house. We've been working with a sales manager for the development that is actually across the street from us for a couple months now. We've made many changes to the floor plan and even changed lots at one point. We pretty much have all of the major things taken care of so this weekend Ryan and I signed on the final purchase agreement. Now all that is left is finalizing the blue print and the things we want for inside the house. Hopefully we will have it all done by the middle to end of this month and they will be able to break ground starting in April.

So, if having three kids three and under isn't enough for us, our potential closing date is right around when baby #3 will be here. This should make for an interesting maternity leave. I did get the chance to meet our neighbors though and they seem just as crazy as we are. They have a 7 year old daughter, 3 year old son, 1 year old daughter and are due at the end of March with their 4th. It will be great for the boys to have friends so close to be able to play with.

No comments: