It was a much quieter week and weekend for us this week. Grandpa came up on Tuesday so Ryan and him could work on more house stuff. I know I mentioned before we are looking into the option of moving and potentially building. Nothing really has changed with that. We are still trying to figure it all out. We want a house that is going to fit our needs for a LONG time and we also can't go broke doing it. So we are taking our time and really trying to figure it all out. It's still just a possibility and who knows, maybe now isn't our time and we will just finish space in our current house for the new baby. Hopefully we will get it all figured out soon so I can start a little preparing one way or another.
On Friday Jill and Kristi helped me out and brought Spencer to and from their play date with everyone in Eau Claire. It was a Grandma, mom and child play date and the Children's Museum. I heard that Kristi had someone to keep her company on the drive down as Spencer talked her ear off but for Jill he was so worn out that he just passed out. Thanks for your help!
While they were all at their play date I brought Easton in for his one year check up. I was anxious because I had to pick him up early from day care on Thursday for a fever.
Easton is officially our peanut. He was bigger then Spencer at birth but is taking his time growing. In the last 3 months he's only gained a pound (not from his lack of eating) and only grew an inch. He weighs 21 pounds 25% and is 30 inches long 50%. His head is also in the 50%.
We went over all the things he can do and should be working on. He's taking more and more steps and even walked from one part of his room to the other on Friday. He's a big eater! I seriously can't keep up sometimes. He's a great sleeper and he can go up and down stairs by himself, waves and he no longer gets a bottle or formula. His newest trick is blowing you a kiss, it is so cute. We started working on eating with a spoon this weekend. Overall he's our VERY happy little boy.
This must be Easton's favorite place to play at Grandma and Grandpa's...
He doesn't say much for words but even the doctor got to hear him babble. I have a feeling Spencer is going to do all the talking for Easton so we need to watch for that. She said it's very common. I told her how with Spencer I was so focused on all of the milestones and now I just know Easton will eventually figure it all out. I'm less worried about that kind of stuff this time around. Easton played with her, laughed a lot and even showed her that he's getting a new tooth. She thought he looked great... well all but 2 things!
His ears are infected again. I wasn't surprised and have since set up an appointment with ENT. I feel I waited too long to do tubes with Spencer so this time I will be more proactive. We have an appointment at the end of the month but for now we are back on antibiotics.
This weekend Spencer and daddy had some a lone time. This is much needed! Spencer has becoming quite the momma's boy or as he would say "your my mommy, mommy!" There are times he won't let Ryan do anything for him. He would rather sit in the tub after bath with no water and freeze before letting Ryan dry him off. It's cute that he loves me that much but it gets old as I'm trying to spend time with Easton or do other things. Ryan said they went to walk around a sporting goods store and played outside since the weather was so nice.
Easton had his one year pictures taken on Saturday. I can't wait to see how they turned out and hopefully I will be able to post some soon.
Sunday was family fun day. Spencer and I started out the morning going to the Y for swimming. It's become a fun Sunday morning routine. Gavin, Liam, Tate, and Samma who are all Spencer's friends are usually there swimming also. Afterwards Spencer and I go to the grocery store. This time also allows Ryan and Eason to spend some one on one time.
Today both boys decided not to take much of a nap (Spencer not at all) so we kept them busy by going to the park for sledding and playing on the toys.
The hills are hard for Spencer to walk up
After sledding it was time for some hot chocolate
We also made cookies and Spencer thought he should wear his protective eye wear... or his goggles
Baby Update!
There are 2 things that have made this baby more real to me this week.
1st: I was laying on the floor with the boys and realized I can feel my stomach is changing because I couldn't quite lay flat on my stomach. There isn't much of a bump I could just feel it more.
2nd: I'm now driving a minivan! I have officially become that mom who is going to have a van load of kids! I know people who drive them swear they are the best things ever but it might take me some time to get to that point. It has a lot of nice features but to me it's still a minivan. I'm already counting down the years until I can go back to an SUV.

































No comments:
Post a Comment