Sunday, February 13, 2011

Easton's Birthday Party!

Grandma and Grandpa came up after work on Monday to talk about some house stuff with us. We decided that after work isn't the best time to meet. I'm beyond tired and the boys are hungry and ready for bed. So needless to say we only got a few things accomplished but Spencer enjoyed having them here.

We had Easton's birthday party on Saturday so we spent the week getting ready. On Thursday both boys got their hair cut. Spencer is an old pro and LOVES to have his hair cut. He actually will ask often if I will take him. What I think he really likes are the suckers that he gets when he's all done. For Easton though it was his first time and he was a tired boy. Celeste did a great job with a moving target and he already looks so much older. I've always thought Easton's hair had a little bit of a curl to it and she agreed.

Spencer will often ask to get his hair cut (he knows there is a sucker at the end if he does well.)

By the time Easton was up he was crabby and tired.

Friday morning Grandpa John and Grandma Julie came over to get the boys. They took them shopping and entertained them while I worked on things around the house. Not only did Spencer get up at his normal time of 6:00 am but he also decided he wasn't going to nap that day... UGH! We had dinner with them that night and while Easton and I headed home Spencer and Ryan went to Uncle JB's hockey game.

Grandma told me we would be more help if we didn't come down early for the party. I think she thinks we can be kind of busy with the two boys. Wait till there is 3! Grandma and Grandpa allowed us to have Easton's party at their house. It was a all full house! With 11 kids 5 and under and about 35 people total. There was so much going on you couldn't take it all in but hopefully everyone had a great time. The birthday boy had fun watching me open his gifts and then digging into the cake. A party like that tired him right out and he was sound asleep by 7:15 pm. Thank you everyone who came to make his day so special and to my parents for hosting a great party as always! We are truly blessed.

Here are pictures from the party!

Grandpa and Spencer spending a little time together playing checkers before the party started.
Why use your hands...
This was the cut off. I think he enjoyed his cake!

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY! Well the Packers won the Super Bowl! That means Ryan should be happy until the start of next season and then it will begin again! We had a great time watching the game at my parent's house. We felt like we were in Cancun with everyone since they all had on their Cancun outfits from the playoff game for good luck. Spencer had a blast showing everyone his Lambeau Leap and playing with the fun Packer stuff that Laura and Gene brought.

Ryan hung this up as a welcoming statement. It's the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. He was trying anything to help the Packers win. As the game got close at the end, he was buried in the snow.
It seemed everytime Ryan touched him the Steelers would do worse.

We wonder why Spencer LOVES Grandpa Dutch so much....




PACKERS WIN!

Baby Update!

Lets not forget about baby #3.  Every night before I go to bed I sit and wait to see if I can feel him or her moving inside. Feeling those movements are the best (up until about 30 weeks) and I know there will be a day when I will miss that feeling. I think I may have felt the baby move a few times but sometimes it's so hard to tell. Hopefully I will be feeling it more often.
I had my doctor appointment on Thursday. These appointments don't last long. I'm currently 16 weeks. I weighed in 4 pounds less then my starting weight. I'm not sure why but that seems to be a norm for me to lose weight in the begining. I feel like my belly is starting to grow. I have moved into that awful pregnancy phase where my regular clothes are getting a bit tight but maternity stuff is still too big. It's a good thing I only wear scrubs to work so I don't have to worry about it on a day to day basis.

It took the nurse a bit to find the heartbeat and the baby was all over the place. The heartbeat was 156. Dr. Weber came in and asked how things were going. I told him I've been having really bad headaches for about the past three weeks. He gave me a list of foods to avoid. We all know I'm a picky eater and over half the things I will eat are on that list. He felt my stomach and told me my uterus was up to my belly button and growing nicely. That was pretty much it for my appointment and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

No comments: