Sunday, July 26, 2015

Lost In Summer Weeks 6/7

It's hard to believe our baby is 4 now. Looking back at the last four years it seems like it was such a blur and it all went so fast. Nolan is a spunky little 4 year old with a lot of personality. He tries to make everyone around him laugh. We call him the family clown. Don't get me wrong he has his moments of pure melt downs but over all he's a happy kid. 

Things Nolan Loves: His blanket, fruit, watching snow-flicks (netflixs) and playing outside with his brothers. Nolan would love nothing more then to be like his big brothers. Our family was complete when we had our little Nolie…..

New Born..

1 years old...

2 years old….

3 years old….

Here he is at 4!

He couldn't wait to open his presents...

Of course Easton had to make sure he was there to help.


We got an ice cream cake to eat with our neighbors

A Barbie pool also works great for his little water toys, even though he yelled, "it's for girls" when he opened the present!

Spencer spent the week with Grandma and Grandpa. He had been asking to spend time there since summer started. He finally had a break in summer activities so off he went. I think he pretty much split his time between Auntie's house and Grandma's. He got to go to the community pool when Hadley and Finley had swim lessons. Auntie texted me to see if he could go off the high dive. I told her I would let him but that it was her decisions since he was with her. She let him….





Spencer has become a pretty strong swimmer this year. 

They ran into Simon at the pool.


Boys think to do the craziest things….

While Spencer was there he attended bible camp with Finley. He will miss ours here so he was excited to go with them. 

Grandpa took these two golfing. 

He also got to experience Auntie's bubble tub! 

This is the future M&J crew. Spencer was feeling inspired from bible camp and made a wood cross.

It's now is in our yard. 

Easton and Nolan attended a mini sports camp. The highlight was seeing me on the treadmill while they ran the track.


Waiting for others to finish.

Nolan is always asking me to take pictures of him and Josie together. 

Amanda and I took the boys bowling on a rainy day. 

We also went to a pool this week. 


Easton has also become a really good swimming this summer. It's nice not to have to worry AS much when I take them to the pool.

Nolan still likes to hang closer to me in the shallow end. 


Our neighbors/friends joined us at the pool also. Would you believe the one in the green and white is the youngest?

Ryan took the boys on a boy's weekend to Madison and Miwaukee. They had a lot to do in a few days, here are some pictures of their trip!

Oh camo how I hate you. I've managed to avoid anything with camo print for the last 7 years. Ryan takes them away for one weekend and I get this picture sent to me. At least they look happy.

The reason for the new sweatshirts was they were going to Cave of the Mounds by Madison. They said the temp in the cave is around 50 degrees. They started by mining for gold.

They followed the tour guide through the caves...




Afterwards they got to pick their own rocks. Ryan said the boys did great.

Poor Nolan he's been having a few more bloody noses. 

Ryan sent me this picture and put me in panic mode. Apparently Nolan hit his head at the park and got a bloody nose. Good thing he had a great nurse Grandma Nancy taking care of him.

Grandma had a cupcake for Nolan to celebrate his birthday.


Here the boys are sitting in the backyard of the house Ryan grew up in.

Ryan took the boys to the Milwaukee zoo. 



They got to dig for dinosaur fossils in the dinosaur exhibit



Each year for Father's Day I intend to plan a trip for Ryan and the boys to visit a new baseball stadium. This year was Miller Park for a Brewer game. Aunt Renee, Uncle Davy and Grandpa Ron joined them for the game. It rained during their tailgate party for the first 40 minutes, but luckily they were able to find shelter while the storm moved through.

Then once the rain stopped, it was party time!

Spencer had fun helping put the meat on the grill

Thankfully the rain stopped and they could enjoy the rest of the evening. 



I'm impressed that Spencer stood with the mascot. 

What's better then eating ice cream out of a baseball batting helmet bowl?


I think they boys got a little anxious at the end of the game. Here Grandpa Ron is entertaining them by dropping a dollar bill between their fingers. If they catch it, it's theirs! The boys loved it



They spent the night at a hotel and swam the next morning.

With the weekend being so busy, this was as much of the big golf tournament that Ryan was able to watch. During breakfast in the hotel lobby.

While the boys were away the girls played! I had invited some of my friends from Hudson to come and enjoy a day on the lake and to stay at my parent's. It was a great day for floating/sitting in the water.

We are still enjoying having our pool. We've been getting a lot of use out of it. 


I have been struggling with my weight again. It's probably going to be that never ending battle. In hopes to try and get moving/motivated again I purchased a new bike. 

I took the older boys to a new water park. They LOVED it as it had way more slides and even a lazy river. Isn't my little crab cute?!

Boo! Shots are no fun. Sadly spencer started his round of allergy shots. We will be going every 6-10 days for shots. We will typically have to wait 30 minutes after his shots to make sure he doesn't have a reaction. He was not happy with me….. he preferred to watch as they gave him the shots and I may have promised him a big surprise when we get all the way through but it's not fun when your kids hurt.


He got 2 shots in one arm and one in the other.    :(


Josie also had a big week. She got spayed. She's been doing great since her surgery also. Maybe/hopefully this will calm her down? Ha! Not likely...

You just never know what you might see in our neighborhood. This is one of our neighbors taking Spencer's bike for a test drive.

We also had a friend who's a Hudson police officer visit one evening. He was great and showed the kids all of his stuff in the car.




Seriously Nolan! 

Ryan and I decided to try and take Nolan's training wheels off. He started out strong and he really wants to learn. He just has a hard time control where he's going. 

We have a friend that is a bike whisperer. So far she has trained 12 of our friend's kids to ride their bikes. I asked her if she wanted to try working with Nolan. Sure enough in 1 hour she had him starting, stopping and riding on his own. So proud of him!

My friend Molly moved into her new house on the lake. We enjoyed spending the day swimming at her house.




This weekend was kind of crazy. The boys came with me to Eau Claire as it was Country Jam weekend. Ryan came down Saturday to take the boys golfing with Grandpa.


Seriously again Nolan!


I think Grandpa likes that he has some future golfing buddies.

We have a first. Spencer got hit in the eye with a baseball bat that Nolan threw. It's really bruised and purple but seems to be healing ok.



On Sunday the pizza place next to Ryan's store was having a little carnival. They got to see the inside of an ambulance.



Play games...


Nolan won a bottle of root beer during ring toss




They had a crazy hair station. 



Finally they had a petting zoo. I sort of feel bad for these animals cause it was 85 today.

I spent the weekend attending the annual Country Jam. My dad was my date on Thursday even though he ditched me for the VIP section!

We had fun hanging in the back.



Paula is always there to take care of us. 

Meet Tim Ziggler...

Some how when I was on my way to the bathroom I ended up with Tim Ziggler's tattoo on my arm. Gotta love the memories made at Jam.


I found my friend Renee!


Thanks for all the great memories.

Tonight we said goodbye to Olive. We survived having a pig for 2 weeks. She's actually not that bad of a pet to have and she was pretty low maintenance. If you can get past her grunting all the time. We will miss having Olive but it will be nice to not have to keep her and Josie separated.




No comments: