Monday, April 20, 2015

Kindergarten Round Up!

It's currently 4:00 am and I can't sleep so why not get caught up on the blog. You're probably wondering why I'm up. Well, sadly when our kids wake us up in the night I usually can't fall back to sleep. Easton came in at about 3:00 am complaining that the scratch on his foot hurt. So here I am an hour later unable to sleep.

I sort of like starting the blog out with pictures of Josie. Only because I think she's super cute and sweet. One thing we've noticed about Josie is her love for being inside and warm. She's starting to like running around outside more and more but the moment she can sneak back in the house she does. 

I had taken the picture above and Ryan remembered he had the same picture of Zoey. I guess they both loved laying in front of the fire.

Here's Josie sun bathing while we were playing outside.

I've started doing some at home work out videos and she's not very helpful. The boys have been refusing to go to the kids area at the gym. Easton will start crying the moment we get to the hallway. So I'm trying to find other creative ways to do things. I've lost a lot of motivation over the past year and have fallen so far from where I once was. Time to make changes.

Still laying in the sun...

 She even found the only spot of sun shining through into the office one afternoon

Facebook has added a new feature where it shares memories with you. I can click through and see what I was doing on that exact day a few years back. Here are a few of the pictures from this week. I thought it would be fun to include these on the blog.


A friend of mine made me a sign for my birthday to go with my ruler. I love how it turned out.

 We had our neighborhood annual Easter egg hunt. This is one of the many reason we love our lot location. I'm standing in our back yard and this is our view. Everyone was starting to gather at the baseball field.

A group shot of all the kids. Poor Eli, we made him stand in the picture with Madden. 

Soon they were off. We hid the older kids eggs a little bit harder this year. It took some work for them to find. I'm pretty sure there might still be eggs hidden in different places.







It's always fun to look in the eggs and see what candy and trinkets they got. 

Even Josie got in on the fun.

Back when we were at our daycare center we started a tradition of going out to dinner as a group for parent's night out. Even though some of us aren't there anymore we still try to get our group together for dinner. With the kids getting older and in more activities this is becoming harder and harder to plan. 





Grandma and Grandpa turned their 3 season porch into a year round room and got new furniture. I happily took their old furniture and it's so comfy! You never know who you will catch napping on the couch.

Here's an example…. That's our neighbor Chris. He was watching the kids play outside and soon Ryan told me he was catching a little nap. He likes the sun like Josie apparently!

Easton had a big day! It was Kindergarten Round Up! He got to go to school and meet all of the kindergarten teachers. He spent a little time with them in the classroom while we attended an informational meeting in the library. He was over the top excited. He was ready to start kindergarten the next day. I can't say I'm that sad about this milestone. I'm sort of ready for Easton to start school also. He seems to listen and do better when he's in a classroom vs when he's at home with me.

My little man looking so much older. 

I don't think he ever stopped smiling. I ran into one of the teachers the next week and she told me how cute and nice he was.


Two down one to go…..

Spring is finally here. That means tons of playing outside. We are lucky that some of our neighbors have big trampolines and our kids get to play on them. They LOVE jumping. Only I refuse to buy one for our yard. We offer the swing set to others. Here they're playing a game with the neighbors. The dad is on all fours and chases them around the trampoline, they love it!

They cut down a bunch of bushes in the canyon exposing all of these big trees. Our kids think this is one of the best places to play. They love climbing on the trees.

With the non stop playing outside the boys have been DIRTY! It means we might be back to nightly baths. Easton kept himself busy when he was supposed to be washing up. He was so proud of all of his art work. Yes, he used crayons made for the bath.

Seriously the books Spencer brings home from the library are just insane. I'm sort of surprised this is even in their library. It was a creepy book that I quickly looked through before putting it back in his backpack to return.

We kicked off the warmer temps with a bonfire this weekend. The kids ran and played until they were too tired to run. Spencer even fell asleep on my lap in front of the fire.



Ryan took the boys to the Swarm game. Ryan also asked Spencer if he wanted me to go or a friend. He picked a friend. Specifically his "girlfriend." They all made funny faces for the picture.

We celebrated Courtney on Sunday and baby M. We grew up living next door to her family. Courtney is due in June with a boy. I can't wait to see pictures of him.

While I was at the baby shower Ryan took the boys to the annual pancake breakfast at the firehouse. 



No comments: