We had gone round and round trying to think of what to get the boys for Christmas. The boys are loving going down hill skiing. So we decided to invest in a lease program for skis for the boys. They were excited and told me they wouldn't care if they didn't have gifts from us under the tree for Christmas, they were just happy to get the skis. We will see on Christmas even if that still holds true.
Poor Nolan he had to watch and wait while his brothers were fitted for their skis. He's a tad too little still for us to make the investment. He will be happy though when he has stuff to open from us.
Easton and Nolan had their Feast at school for Thanksgiving. They set up tables and decorations in the church and invited all family members to join.
The boys were excited Grandma came up to join us. She sat with Nolan while I worked in the kitchen.
Next up was Easton. It was fun to sit with him and his friends from school.
I signed the boys up for a Thanksgiving art project class. This studio is great for kids. They mostly talked about the pet birds they had for the kids to look at.
We still don't have a ton of snow so whenever we get a little bit the kids are still excited to shovel it. Hopefully they will still feel that way in a few years when I ask them to do it for me for real.
Sadly this is the only picture I took at Thanksgiving. I need to make a point of getting my camera out more often.
We decided to take the boys skiing in Madison. It was also the perfect time to allow Nolan to try skis. I had no idea how this was going to go. He lasted about an hour or so. Ryan and I both agreed our legs were burning and our backs hurt from trying to help him down the hill. Nolan was fine once it was time to head into the Cafe.
Grandpa Ron also joined us for skiing!
Easton made it on the chairlift!
Grandpa helping Nolan…..
Easton and Grandpa on the chairlift...
Spencer has improved so much this year. Skiing with him is a lot of fun.
Last year when we took the boys we noticed people using these harnesses with little kids. They looked way easier to use to help kids who can't really stop down the hill. We got one for Easton and Nolan this year and it's great! You still get a great leg work out because you basically are snowplowing the whole way down the hill to try and slow two of you down but its still way easier.
Thanks Grandpa Ron for coming out with us. The boys had fun spending the afternoon with you.
We headed back to the hotel for swimming. Grandma Nancy joined us along with Caden, Noah, Uncle Matt, Aunt Roz and Kari. Sadly the only picture I took was Nolan sitting in a time out.
The wild one charging his battery….
We had tickets to the Badger vs Gohper game. We had great seats and couldn't have asked for better weather. The game started out ugly but ended with a Badger win.
The Badgers charged the field with the Axe!
Here's the team chopping down the goal post after the big win!
It was also fun spending the day with our two brother in laws.
Grandma has a section on her wall with measurements of the kids. They enjoy seeing how much the grow each time they visit.
With Thanksgiving over that meant it was time for Chippy to return. I'm not sure the boys feel threatened by what Chippy will tell Santa each night because their behavior is about the same. They do however enjoy waking up each morning to find him.
We painfully watched Peter Pan live. Sorry to those who enjoyed it. I just wasn't a fan. The boys asked if they could sleep on the living room floor. I couldn't say no.
I found Nolan eating all of his chocolates from his advent calendar on the first day.
A rare moment of Easton and Nolan cuddling.
My mom and I stopped at the store to add a little Holiday cheer.
Easton helped with the cleaning one night.
Spencer still falls asleep in the craziest ways.
They had hockey pictures this week.
The boys also went to the Wild game. That's Spencer's friend Declan in the middle.
Between periods some of the Hudson Hockey kids got to play a mini game.
Spencer really looks up to the Hudson Raider hockey players. This weekend they got to sit on the bench during warm ups and the national anthem.
Then between the first and second period they got to play a mini game. Spencer is number 12.
The teams were a little uneven 3 vs 7. Spencer is on the white team and their name is the Bulldogs and they only had 3 players. They still won 4 to 1!
When they were all done the varsity team linked up as the kids got off the ice.
My friend Amanda and I decided to have a date night with our little boys. We took them to the MOA for dinner and rides. It was a lot of fun having these two.
While I enjoyed my date night. Ryan took Easton and Spencer to skate with Santa.
We had our annual neighbor Christmas party. We went to dinner and the comedy club. We truly are lucky to live by some of the nicest people.
Our neighborhood pond is ready for skating!
Now that my Christmas cards have gone out I can share with you a few of our family pictures!























































No comments:
Post a Comment